tippers

Vosa seem very busy last few weeks too

This is what I like about tipper work; The chance to get photos from unusual angles. This is the Radcliffe Observatory in Oxford, I’ve been working on the Blavantik School of Government in the city. In years to come I can say “I worked on that”.

tippertom:
are they tipping round the corner

If we were allowed through the weight limit it would be 2 miles. But it’s 7 cos have to go round it. Unless I need a bank machine

Muckaway:
This is what I like about tipper work; The chance to get photos from unusual angles. This is the Radcliffe Observatory in Oxford, I’ve been working on the Blavantik School of Government in the city. In years to come I can say “I worked on that”.

Thsts not a good angle in a tipper

kr79:
Vosa seem very busy last few weeks too

You’re not kidding they’ve been everywhere,north of the water,south of the water you name it they are there :open_mouth:

kr79:

:laughing:

Contraflow:

kr79:

:laughing:

Camera on phone not been behaving for some reason. Either that or the piling gang have made a massive ■■■■ up!

Mullens:
Just out of intrest are any of you guys on a load bonus any how much? Reason I ask is after another cyclist was killed in the city on Tuesday by a tipper, I was reading comments on a news page and they want Borris to ban the “Load Bonus” to stop these lorry tearing around.

last tipper firm i worked for, 4 years ago,we were on 20% of what the lorry earnt.there was an un-liveable-on basic wage,so you had to go flat-out all day.

But why is tear arsing around so much of a thing on tippers? Is it because the product is of low value thus low rates?
Be interesting to know what a good days’ turnover is for an 8wheeler. I’ve heard £450 per day.

Does anyone still get the “you’ve not got a full load on drive…”? Haven’t had it since being on Earthline, but could be because the bodies are 15m3 and not 18m3 like Smiths have.

Muckaway:
But why is tear arsing around so much of a thing on tippers? Is it because the product is of low value thus low rates?
Be interesting to know what a good days’ turnover is for an 8wheeler. I’ve heard £450 per day.

We’re 350ish a day for muck and 450 a shift for planing days and 475 planing on nights so an average for my motor will be 925 assuming a standard day with planing day and night

Muckaway:
Does anyone still get the “you’ve not got a full load on drive…”? Haven’t had it since being on Earthline, but could be because the bodies are 15m3 and not 18m3 like Smiths have.

We used to with the firm. We do a lot of muckaway for until god told them he’d be charging them twice if they take the ■■■■

Muckaway:

We all know you’re just waiting for the usual Muckaway :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=X8qFD2s0Fwg

I made a few quid on tippers for a few days as on OD but that was only because they ■■■■■■ the rate up :laughing: a bit steadier pacee on the mixers, more professional :wink: :sunglasses:

I was sliding the thing over the Cat & Fiddle to squeeze a extra load in :laughing: Then prelimiter days i scared myself seeing how fast i could go up the M56 towards Manchester :blush:

Muckaway:

At £450/day I would looking at no more than 20%/25% of that as fuel,but the real money is earned in working direct not subbing (getting the crumbs from the rich mans table) if you are able to buy in at right money supply of sand,ballast,Type 1 plus recycled mats can be a useful earner!

I’ve noticed that more and more machine drivers nowadays will still load you at tea breaks. It must be down to cost effectiveness; Waiting time for the tipper to sit and do nothing, the cost per hour to hire the machine, the fact that if you annoy the lorry driver he’ll probably not come back for one more load etc.
There are still a minority that do nothing except sit on the stockpile reading the paper until a lorry comes back but still wont load between 10-10:30 and 13-13:30 though.

Does anyone know what it’d cost to do a grab course that’s DCPC approved? My lot provide DCPC training on Saturdays but I’m thinking of actually doing something useful with my outstanding DCPC time.
Also is the CSCS card a worthwhile thing as I’ve seen agencies advertise jobs needing it but never been to any sites that ask for it?

Muckaway:
Does anyone know what it’d cost to do a grab course that’s DCPC approved? My lot provide DCPC training on Saturdays but I’m thinking of actually doing something useful with my outstanding DCPC time.
Also is the CSCS card a worthwhile thing as I’ve seen agencies advertise jobs needing it but never been to any sites that ask for it?

I think the NPORS grab course can be made CPC approved if the trainer is also JANET what’s it thingy approved but the test has to take place outside the 7 hours. I stabs to be corrected. CSCS is a waste of a life except for the one day when an H&S womble won’t let you on site without it. For 100 quid and 45 minutes it’s worth it for that alone

Just Googled hiab training Oxfordshire but not that helpful. Fine if company are training you at their premises. I’ve often thought about doing it as I can drive plant so using a clamshell loader seems a crossover of tipper and plant operating. I gather you can earn more money but most jobs advertised seem to be via agencies.

Firm put us through cs cs card last week. Ive had mine since 2008 and never been asked for it.
Grab ticket is handy to have can be good money on grab work especaly on utilities if you are willing to do evening and weekends.

splitshift:

Muckaway:

At £450/day I would looking at no more than 20%/25% of that as fuel,but the real money is earned in working direct not subbing (getting the crumbs from the rich mans table) if you are able to buy in at right money supply of sand,ballast,Type 1 plus recycled mats can be a useful earner!

To many clowns willing to put 150 of squirt in to earn 350 off the agenceys then pay 5% for weekly payments.