Quarry work

Hi, looking for a quarry or muck away work on 8 wheeler tippers around the leeds harrogate ilkley area, 2 months experience with class 2, any information for local firms around this area would be great, thanks

You need a qualification in how to drive like an utter ■■■■ before anything mate.

Hope this helps.

toonsy:
You need a qualification in how to drive like an utter [zb] before anything mate.

Hope this helps.

:laughing:

toonsy:
You need a qualification in how to drive like an utter [zb] before anything mate.

Hope this helps.

He’s done the job for 2 months,reckon he’ll have the quals already :laughing:

Where you based Will ?

Im based near otley

Stuart Thompson Otley , muck shifter , don’t know how many wagons he has now , about three maybe get your name down with him at least.
A Hymas Harrogate quarry work , a long way I know but he has wagons parked up all over. Again get your name down.
Harper haulage Harrogate near Menwith just over’t hill from Otley , mix of quarry and muck , arctics and rigids.
Bad time of year for getting a start but always worth getting your face known , go and see em as well as ring / e mail
Good luck
Jim

Thanks for that very helpful, Yeh it is a dodgy time as most tipper firms are about done for christmas! I’m looking to get a start somewhere after the new year, hymas does seem a good company, do They have many rigids? I’ve seen plenty of artics all over. Been doing farm feed pallet delivery since I passed and hated it! Hopefully tippers may suit me more!

Get yourself an MPQC (EPIC) card. That’ll make you more employable than someone who doesn’t hold one.

I don’t get why anyone would want to do tipper work anymore, the good days are gone. Too much health and safety crap these days with MPQC “skills cards” and having to accept FORS rules like riding a bike as part of your “training”. Couple that with more and more firms insisting you wear tango suits, helmets and goggles just to walk to a weighbridge, and the mud, dirt and dust plus the fact you’re seen as almost as low as a skip driver…

Muckaway:
I don’t get why anyone would want to do tipper work anymore, the good days are gone. Too much health and safety crap these days with MPQC “skills cards” and having to accept FORS rules like riding a bike as part of your “training”. Couple that with more and more firms insisting you wear tango suits, helmets and goggles just to walk to a weighbridge, and the mud, dirt and dust plus the fact you’re seen as almost as low as a skip driver…

Almost as low as a skip driver ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Its the tipper and skip firms that are most likely to give a newbee a start. The work isn’t bad and you get home after a days work in most cases. I was never asked for an EPIC card on sites.

Simon:

Muckaway:

Almost as low as a skip driver ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

'tis the season of goodwill, I’m being nice.

Muckaway:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Spot on