tippers

Mr edwards:
I see lots of putnam tippers and grab trucks about aylesbury and Oxford must be doing well

C.Putnams are from Princes Risborough. They usually tip in their own yard and the muck sorted and sent to Earthline at Bunkers Hill. Good firm from what I’ve experienced, a subbie I know parks at their yard.

andrew.s:

kr79:

andrew.s:

kr79:

andrew.s:

kr79:
I do four a day barking to pitsea and three on a saturday week in week out. The other driver has been doing it 27 years.

bloody hell-27 years!! how long until YOU’RE bored with it though?
mmmmm pitsea- i pulled a very tidy bird from pitsea once when i was out in southend lol

He loves it dont have to think listens to his talking books comedy shows the archers and plays on radio 4

do you love it though?
are you still on for mcgrath’s? i used to tip there sometimes when i was working for J.Browne .always endless moving of skips in your yard when i was in there and needed to reload with stone !!

i once tipped the scales on the weighbridge there at well over 40 tons one saturday in an ageing scania 113 eight wheeler!!!

Still there dont want to drive full stop anymore. Been doing a few bits in the office which i wouldnt mind doing more.
Always busy in there

the motors were yellow and purple-ish when i was last in there-are they all blue now?

All blue now the yatd at hackney is just parking offices and workshops now we tip and all materials are in river rd barking now . Guess the other yard will be sold eventualy all been gentified round there now.

Muckaway:
My boss has been told Hino now do a Euro 6, is this true? He’s been quoted silly money for 5 new Scanias and with the stupid wait for a bonnet release cable for my wagon (2 weeks), broken diff, broken propshaft and a blown engine on it’s sister wagon, they’re looking to get a demo from Hino. Been quoted as £40k per wagon less than Scania, with weighers, reversing cameras, auto sheets etc all thrown in.

I think a Euro 6 is on the way, but have been told that until stocks are down on the present model they wont release it, I have run one as an o/d since 08, I cant say it has been a great success but I have been unlucky, and the local ( 45 ml away) dealer is not interested in the marque, usually they play second fiddle at the dealership to another more mainsteam make.I,m still here with it but only because I intend to sell up next year( o/d since 87) if I was a younger bloke it would have gone for something more common a year ago!

Hey guys, anyone ever worked for Lynch or know what there like to work for? They seem to be always crying out for grab/tipper drivers.

Mullens:
Hey guys, anyone ever worked for Lynch or know what there like to work for? They seem to be always crying out for grab/tipper drivers.

i know a few people that have been there in the past,a lot depends on where you are and what you are doing.
some grabs are away all week (sleeper cabs)pretty sure this is optional though,lots of eastern european drivers now.
last i heard the money was £130-140 a day on the grabs at stanmore…
hope this helps.

andrew.s:

Mullens:

i know a few people that have been there in the past,a lot depends on where you are and what you are doing.
some grabs are away all week (sleeper cabs)pretty sure this is optional though,lots of eastern european drivers now.
last i heard the money was £130-140 a day on the grabs at stanmore…
hope this helps.

Must be able to speak most Eastern European languages aswell by looks of it too :smiley:

Thread bump. Apparently Cappagh are building a waste transfer yard near Colnbrook to deal with all their own waste. They tip a lot near us but the tips don’t like all the tarmac that’s mixed in with the inert.
Anyone heard any news on the new low cabbed Arocs?

Someone might know the answer to this; Why do some grab firms refuse to empty muck from skips? Empty a skip about 2 or 3 times and the savings pay for the skip to be emptied.
Some builders wont have a skip emptied either, strange they don’t want to save money.

Ive been driving for a local tipper company for a month now and I must say its suits me down to the ground. I know what time I stat and roughly when I will finish. all the equipment is new and spot on. we have to wash our vehicles every night but we have a drive through wash and two hand steam cleaners. Ive driven trucks since I was 20 (now 49) I did have a 9 year break but got made redundant so now back behind the wheel. I know in the past some tipper work was frowned upon but Im really enjoying it.

Tankerman24:
Ive been driving for a local tipper company for a month now and I must say its suits me down to the ground. I know what time I stat and roughly when I will finish. all the equipment is new and spot on. we have to wash our vehicles every night but we have a drive through wash and two hand steam cleaners. Ive driven trucks since I was 20 (now 49) I did have a 9 year break but got made redundant so now back behind the wheel. I know in the past some tipper work was frowned upon but Im really enjoying it.

What does that carry, 18.5t?

Muckaway:
Someone might know the answer to this; Why do some grab firms refuse to empty muck from skips? Empty a skip about 2 or 3 times and the savings pay for the skip to be emptied.
Some builders wont have a skip emptied either, strange they don’t want to save money.

Depends who owns the skip-not really cricket to empty a skip that belongs to another firm!!

Muckaway:

Tankerman24:

What does that carry, 18.5t?

Yep just over that, Ive now got a Volvo FMX which will carry 19.3

FMX.jpg

A lot of similar FMXs in this area. I’ve been shocked by how many Bowelds are rusting already. Followed a 15 plate Quattro wagon with a Boweld off the tip last week; The tailgate was sliding about a good few millimetres even whilst done up.