Tightening ratchet straps

Don’t use a bar, just thread the loose tail of the strap through the handle, you can alter the height and angle of the pull

If they were supposed to be any tighter they’d have a longer handle.

Mystery Action:
If they were supposed to be any tighter they’d have a longer handle.

I’m sure I have seen some that do actually have longer handles…

Optimum:
I recall a post on TNUK some years ago where a driver was seriously injured by the explosion of a ratchet during tightening with a bar. He lost an eye. I always struggled with kitchen laminated work surfaces out of Kronospan, Chirk. They slid around no matter how strapped.

I deliver worktops daily and the only problems I have is when the useless [zb]s in the warehouse can’t build the stack correctly, never had them all fully move though even when putting foot down.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

===================================

Please have a read of forum rule #3. dd.

Optimum:
I recall a post on TNUK some years ago where a driver was seriously injured by the explosion of a ratchet during tightening with a bar. He lost an eye. I always struggled with kitchen laminated work surfaces out of Kronospan, Chirk. They slid around no matter how strapped.

Then they weren’t banded or strapped properly. I do absolutely loads of the stuff, it doesn’t slide.

The ratchet straps we use have a tension gauge built into them. Its nothing more than a simple bit of U shaped plastic that goes around the bolt and sits in the loop in the ■■■■■■■■ the ratchet and once both sides are touching together then it is up to tension.

Don’t the curtains hold everything in? Who needs straps lol

Pokerblade:
I don’t know much about self driving trucks but I can’t wait for self ratcheting straps and self opening curtains to arrive :smiley:

According to our warehouse staff they don’t exist, that’s the driver’s job.

Personally I’m looking forward to self-driving forklifts that don’t bugger off for tea break when you’re in a rush. :wink:

Sidevalve:

Pokerblade:
I don’t know much about self driving trucks but I can’t wait for self ratcheting straps and self opening curtains to arrive :smiley:

According to our warehouse staff they don’t exist, that’s the driver’s job.

Personally I’m looking forward to self-driving forklifts that don’t bugger off for tea break when you’re in a rush. :wink:

Or use your trailer to stop as they don’t know where the BRAKE PEDAL is !! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Have you ever said, as I have many times,
" Brakes not working on your FLT"?
"Yeah, Why? "
“Well do you mind using them rather than the side of my trailer, to stop” !!!