The ultimate in health and safety

When coupling up we do Black backwards so pin first. They’ve proper clamped down on the idiots here who don’t lower the unit before going under ECT…

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
When coupling up we do Black backwards so pin first. They’ve proper clamped down on the idiots here who don’t lower the unit before going under ECT…

I take it you don’t have lead-up ramps then, if you do that’s a very strange statement, have these people who make this B/S up actually driven a truck?

JaxDemon:

I wish they would put more emphasis on getting drivers to drop trailers at a helpful height.

Seemingly everytime I pick up a loaded trailer it’s either half way on it’s knees or sky high :unamused:

weeto:

JaxDemon:

I take it you don’t have lead-up ramps then, if you do that’s a very strange statement, have these people who make this B/S up actually driven a truck?

No we don’t have them on the new Volvo’s.

rob22888:

JaxDemon:

I wish they would put more emphasis on getting drivers to drop trailers at a helpful height.

Seemingly everytime I pick up a loaded trailer it’s either half way on it’s knees or sky high :unamused:

Ours seemed to be dropped all at same height (depending on ground of course)

It’s a good system they’ve got in place. They’ve had a few dropped trailers and missed pins which has cost them a few £££. Even had a few roll aways.

So now they’ve clamped down on it. Even got certain people watching you in the yard to make sure you’re doing it by the book. If you don’t you’re gone. These are never really short on drivers here by the looks of it and they’ve had a massive recruitment drive for when we move into new premises 5 mins walk from me.

weeto:

JaxDemon:

I posted we didn’t have them but… as I started at 5pm and it was light and I was more awake today I noticed these haha.

Been a long week that’s not stopped.

20170425_180946.jpg

This is the back of my (LHD) Volvo…

Why would you need ramps■■?

simcor:
Howdens used to be run by DHL and they lost the contract to Wincanton who successfully tendered a 3 year contract but that was in 2014 sometime.

I assume the transport is still run my Wincanton.

Howden always had its transport done by Howdens. DHL had Runcorn and outbases. Wincanton only have outbases where the main factories and NDC will trunk trailers to for Wincanton to do onward delivery, basically the crap such as London, the South West etc. The main three sites are Howdens run.

I went to Morrisons RDC on Crag Lane in Bradford a few years ago, on going to the bog outside the security hut (scum drivers were not allowed to use the others), I notice attached to the Belisha beacon on the pedestrian crossing in the yard a little quiver tied to the beacon with sticks with little triangles of cut up Hi-Viz jackets at the end, I was wondering what they were for when it dawned on me, and a Morrisons driver confirmed it, if you were using the crossing you were to take a stick with the Hi-Viz triangle on it and wave it above your head as you crossed, there will be a ■■■ in an office being paid 340,000 a year for thinking of idiocy like that.