H&s

Due to being new to this type of work I do go overboard with the amount of straps I put on ,sat being one of these where the loaders were getting desperate for there break and I was still putting more straps on ( come on mate I’m starving :laughing: ) , anyway I said get yourself off I can drive out no problem ,it was just a straight drive 20 yards or so to a t jct with a right turn only as one way .
Loaders say no we can’t let you do that as we have to stop traffic so you can leave site and turn right safely :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: our heads would be on chopping block if anything happens .
I then said what happens at the next t- junction ,your not going to be there how am I going to turn safely at that one ,or pull out from the side road onto the main road ,or join the motorway ,I know there just following procedure but surely we don’t need people to stop the traffic just to turn right ,we do it 10,s ,100,s times of a day so should be quite capable of looking to the left to see if any traffics comming :question: :question:

There’s probably a wanted style poster of you with your Trucknetuk golden nuggets attached to it in the site office.

you carry on as you are dozy, a strap in the side locker is no use to anyone far better its holding something on, stopping something from moving is easy, stopping it once its started to move is nearly impossible, especially from the cab when its half way off the truck and your still moving.

Tell them if they help you strap up you’ll be done quicker,

that should shut them up !!

And yet, if there was an accident leaving the site, you as the driver would still be liable.
In nearly all cases, only the police or someone under their direction can legally undertake traffic regulation on the public highway.
Still, it’s nice they want to assist you - and they don’t mind if your load falls off down the road.

Sorry Dozy, can’t see a problem here. Secure you load carefully and safely, make yourself a brew, feet up and read the paper, let the guys do their H&S thing when they come back from their break :sunglasses: . What’s not to like ?
Regards. John.

Maybe there were a couple of dot com vans in the yard that you didn’t see doze, and they were panicking a bit :laughing:

Sounds like they just wanted you off site dozy, ASAP with a full compliment of banksmen in attendance

Can’t think why :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :sunglasses: