The story so far - NOW PASSED CLASS 1

Hi mknutjob

Nice to hear you managed to find some class 2 work :smiley: I’ve also just started class one training this week in Leicester. Glad to hear you’re getting on well with it, and I wish you all the best for your test pal :wink:

Good luck for your test today fingers crossed

Jen x

Yes good job and in my opinion the way to do it, 6 months down the road in a rigid, learn your way about, learn the customers etc. good luck on your test :exclamation:

Now a question for the examiners and instructors…

Why, when someone has passed their test do they not let them drive the thing home?

It happened the same on my motorcycle test and iirc on both HGV class 3 and class 1 in the days long gone. I also think they did it on my car test in 1975.

Wheel Nut:

Why, when someone has passed their test do they not let them drive the thing home?

It happened the same on my motorcycle test and iirc on both HGV class 3 and class 1 in the days long gone. I also think they did it on my car test in 1975.

I rode my bike home after I passed my test but in 82 but I didnt drive the car back after I passed or Cat C back after I passed

Even if you fail they dont let you drive back

Thanks all and good luck with your training sub focus.

I had my test earlier on and PASSED with only 3 minors so im over the moon! :smiley:

Well done on the pass now for the hard work in finding a job

Wheel Nut:

Hi Malc,

It was explained to me as follows:

There are only two outcomes to a completed driving test, so it’s either a pass, or a fail.
Either way up, the candidate is on an emotional ‘high’ or an emotional ‘low,’ depending on the result.
Anybody with that amount of either emotional feeling doesn’t make a good driver, because they’re either euphoric, or vengeful. :open_mouth:

I don’t know of any LGV training school that allows candidates to drive back to base after test, and it mattered not whether they passed or failed.

dieseldave:

Wheel Nut:

Hi Malc,

It was explained to me as follows:

There are only two outcomes to a completed driving test, so it’s either a pass, or a fail.
Either way up, the candidate is on an emotional ‘high’ or an emotional ‘low,’ depending on the result.
Anybody with that amount of either emotional feeling doesn’t make a good driver, because they’re either euphoric, or vengeful. :open_mouth:

I don’t know of any LGV training school that allows candidates to drive back to base after test, and it mattered not whether they passed or failed.

Good idea when I passed my test there is no way i would have had my mind on the road too busy grinning from ear to ear !!!

J

mknutjob:
Thanks all and good luck with your training sub focus.

I had my test earlier on and PASSED with only 3 minors so im over the moon! :smiley:

Well done, in an earlier life you would have had fireworks and flashes, but as Rog is only reading the threads and not participating. You could ask Dave to chuck a few thunderflashes :laughing:

Thanks for your reply Dave. I found out the answer much earlier though. By PM :wink:

Congrats on the pass nutjob :wink:
Did your employer pay or did you have to fork out ?

Cheers Mike

Mikey D - Me and my employer went half and half cant really say fairer than that :smiley:

Rog - ain’t seen you on here for a while but thanks mate, you really were helpful in the early days answering any questions that I had.

Wheel Nut:
Thanks for your reply Dave. I found out the answer much earlier though. By PM :wink:

Hi Malc,

:open_mouth: Isn’t it amazing what comes floating through the mists? :grimacing: :wink:

mknutjob:

Hi mknutjob,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

If you don’t mind me saying so, that was a rather good score. Nice one mate!! :smiley: