Medical? Check, Prov. Licence? Check, Assessment Drive?

CHECK!!!

Had my assessment drive on Monday…yep, scared pooless less as I climbed into the cab! Never driven anything bigger than the odd Transit Luton before.

It was such a buzz though and definitely confirmed that this is what I want to do for a career from now on.

I used WTTL in Devizes, very impressed with their proffesionalism & my assessor was superb (thanks Dave!)

I had a DAF LF with four-over-four gearbox, it wasn’t too bad, thought I’d make a bigger hash of it than I did :wink:

The toughest part for me was trying to be controlled on the footbrake. It seemed to be more of a switch! I’d try to ease the brake on gently as I approched a junction, etc. but nothing would seem to happen, then when almost on top of the juction I’d have to stand on it :blush:

Still, didn’t kill anybody & only scuffed one kerb, so I guess that’s a result :unamused:

Theory & HPT on Tuesday then time to book training :smiley:

And the very best of luck with it! :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Peter

Sounds like you had good fun. Don’t press the brake pedal, Squeeze it like a sponge with your foot. Might help to wear light shoes or trainers.

I have only heard good things about your training company so you should be in safe hands.

Good luck mate and keep the board up to date with your progress.

John
Flair Training