The River Tyne

bumper:
hi larry did a few trips to Ireland on the tuxcedo,it was the Caledonian princes in them days from stranraer to Larne,one night we left stranraer for larne and sailed into a force 6/7 storm, lay of larne for 3hours has it couldn.t get into the harbour, so they brought it back to stranraer, they was not many taker’s of the free breakfast which was offered when docked :laughing: :laughing: bumper

I hope you didn’t get sea sick Jimmy, Anyway when is the next gathering of the clans in the Toon ?, Ive got some more malts to bring for our usual tastings I f you know what I mean, Only the best for the best, Wouldn’t you agree, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Tyne Commision Quay North Shields, Regards Larry.

I was on there last week delivering

duncan bladen:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Some photos would be nice Duncan, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

duncan bladen:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Tyne Commision Quay North Shields, Regards Larry.

Some photos would be nice Duncan, Regards Larry.

Here’s a couple more from my collection Larry. The Daf was mine, the trailer belonged to Econofreight who we often worked for,the load isn’t ringing a bell as it doesn’t look like a machined counterweight, (more like a steelworks slab). Woolyback might have more info on that. Regards Kev.

hi larry couple here i found on internet, i worked them market stalls as a kid for my mother selling cloth some great times and characters worked their on a sunday

Page%20280%20003.jpg

quayside.jpg

Great photos Marcus, I have some oldies somewhere in shoe boxes most likely, That is If my good lady hasn’t thrown them out when I was down the road, Keep them coming if you can, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

duncan bladen:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Some photos would be nice Duncan, Regards Larry.[/quo

no problem larry , I deliver to ships , all over the country , typical , ive been to middlesborough heavy lift quay every day this week , but soon as im at Nissan quay , or port of tyne / commission quay etc , I will get some good pix and post them , [try my employers website , some impressive ships on there ]
[gibbons international]

Thank you Duncan I look forward to seeing them as know doubt a lot more like me will to, Regards Larry.

hi larry will keep looking, heres the havila phoenix what was in the tyne , we worked with her last year in norway, she is a subsea construction vessel similar to what i work on

Hi marcus that bit of metal sticking from side of the ship we have just put tracks on one for smd on the tyne, 8million pounds worth of tackle hanging like that hope they divint drop it. Sub sea trenching machine cheer’s bob

Heres a photo of a heavy lift, not the Tyne but a good pic worth sharing.

hi bob yes some bit of kit , i have a photo of it getting transported , we have a similar kind of dredger onboard a moment for reef subsea.

heres a couple more from the tyne larry the cranes were always visible from most places along the tyne regards
mark

Tyn017.jpg

tyne_jarrow_paul_whitelaw_470.jpg

hi larry,

few more from the quayside busy place in its day eh!

regards

mark

image.png

4080018988_85f720e39b_z.jpg

4082783242_3622742c5c.jpg

any ideas on this one larry

3546423887_c57a772dba.jpg

aye bob dropping the trencher could be costly here it is getting transported to the ship

QT1400%201.jpg

marcus 22:
any ideas on this one larry

Aye I can remember Grandpoint the archway was where the train went through its was on the left hand side of the Quay heading towards Spillers, Great shots of the good old days, Regards Larry.

Jazzandy:
Anyone like to see the Tuxedo Royale back on Tyneside?

I delivered beer to The Boat a couple of times when I was subbied into Carlsberg Tetley for Cestria Distribution,it was a right dump when you got to see it in the daylight a proper dingy,dirty feet sticking to the carpets sort of place. Tetley’s always sent the subbies or agency lads there when they got cocked the deliveries up cos if the tide had gone out you had to carry it all through the boat,getting grief off the manager cos his delivery wasn’t there before 10am like it was supposed to be.

heres a few ive delivered to

maersk respondr.jpg

KING SEAWAYS.jpg

HMS DAUNTLESS.jpg

4160672471_76f75de44b_b.jpg

couple more

city of rotterdam.jpg