Newcastle Quayside

Kevmac have a look at the picture I posted, the bottom of Dene Street, you can see T.R.Harrisons entrance & the Shell Filling Station next door. Harrisons Bit is still there but I dont know what it is used for now,? the filling station is long gone. Regards Larry

Kevmac have a look at the picture I posted, the bottom of Dene Street, you can see T.R.Harrisons entrance & the Shell Filling Station next door. Harrisons Bit is still there but I dont know what it is used for now,? the filling station is long gone. Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:

Larry, can you imagine trying to park on that corner now and spend maybe 20mins
lugging sheets up and down those stairs ? The traffic gestapo would have a fit if
you tried that now. Regards Kev Ps Good news about Harry eh ?

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

lugging sheets up and down those stairs ? The traffic gestapo would have a fit if

Aye very good news, Im looking forward to the get together at the L/C. see you there , Have you sussed where the Rios were ?, Regards Larry

Hi Larry

The doorway on the photo of the bottom of Dean st Next to Harrisons was Lloyds Bank Chambers. Our accountant had his first office on the second floor in the late sixties. Just him and one assistant. He is retired now but the company still exists under his name and is one of the biggest accountancy practices in the town.

tyneside:
Hi Larry

The doorway on the photo of the bottom of Dean st Next to Harrisons was Lloyds Bank Chambers. Our accountant had his first office on the second floor in the late sixties. Just him and one assistant. He is retired now but the company still exists under his name and is one of the biggest accountancy practices in the town.

Well thats nice to know, some of the oldies still there, It was a bit of a upmarket building, Harrisons had a marble floor very decrorative,it also had loveley pillars here & there, I still wonder when it was built what its purpose was ?. Regards Larry

Hi just been looking at the hino page remembered taking all the hinos sold by davidson @adamson to ziebart to get the cabs done think it was where the copthorne hotel is now, right in the narrow bit tight get in cheers bob

blackbox:
Hi just been looking at the hino page remembered taking all the hinos sold by davidson @adamson to ziebart to get the cabs done think it was where the copthorne hotel is now, right in the narrow bit tight get in cheers bob

Thats right they did our New Datsun 160. Blue Bird in 1975,.Im sure they went bust 3 later.There was also .a n exhaust supplier next door, & of course like you said the Copthorne stands there now.

B/B.This was the original building, It was named Mansion House Wharf, Zbs was next door as far as I can remember?

Lawrence Dunbar:

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Aye very good news, Im looking forward to the get together at the L/C. see you there , Have you sussed where the Rios were ?, Regards Larry

No Larry, I didn,t work out where the Reo shot was taken, my excuse is im a south of the river lad and it was a little before my time. Ps.Im not surprised smartiepants Brian got it. :smiley: :smiley: I bet he even knew that REO is the initials of Ransome E Olds,
the founder of Oldsmobile. I think they were taken over by GM? regards Kev

Small world isn’t it? I was on the riverbank opp. Spillers taking a few pics and I got talking to a chap there also taking photos.
It turns out he is the son of the late Bob Duggan, this came to light when he mentioned his dad worked for Steenberg, Durham Chemicals, and others.I think we may have a new contributor very soon. Regards kevmac47.

This is the latest shot of Spillers, it wont be long now 'til it’s all gone.

hi lads think mcphees took over that wharehouse, then it was a car saleroom for awhile, bumper

Good picture kevmac47 i just put a new set of tracks on the machine knocking spillers down about a month ago, a leeds demo company hope they on good rate to pay for them cheers bob.

I find this thread fascinating, I used to be a regular at Frazer’s scrapyard in the very late 80’s early 90’s up until he closed but my memory is fuzzy, was it right next door to Spillers or not that far along■■?

2Diesels:
I find this thread fascinating, I used to be a regular at Frazer’s scrapyard in the very late 80’s early 90’s up until he closed but my memory is fuzzy, was it right next door to Spillers or not that far along■■?

I think it was toward the town just as you went over the little bridge on the bend if that makes sense.

8LXBV8BRIAN:

2Diesels:

I think it was toward the town just as you went over the little bridge on the bend if that makes sense.

Ah right yeah you passed that & then the other scrappies were in some warehouse units towards the mill does that sound right?

Frazers scrap yard was on St Lawrence Rd. on the left hand side before you got to Jimmys Cafe, allways busy, but now long gone I cant recall what is there now ?Regards Larry