The River Tyne

Frankydobo:
Another couple of good pics Oily, can just spot a Van Hee TK on the right of the second photo, can’t make out the name on the first pic just yet! Franky.

Two more.
Oily

Fish Quay, North Shields.
Oily

Tyneside Fish Quay North Shields 19638189672649_89689c2ab9_oPD.jpg

oiltreader:
Oily

Great stuff Oily, Thank you for posting them, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

oiltreader:
Oily

Great stuff Oily, Thank you for posting them, Regards Larry.

Thank you, here’s another one, no idea what make the line up of wagons are in Newton Road, High Heaton.
Oily

A rare and very good photo, the name on the grilles seem to say Watsons but I can’t find anything on them from a quick search, this could prove interesting! I found a Watsons Motor Works from Leominster active from 1913 and started by a Brother and Sister, Frank and Emily Watson, however it doesn’t mention the company building their own vehicles but its quite possible as there were many companies like this in the early 1900’s that didn’t last long and only produced one type of vehicle most had been cycle/motorcycle repair works and tried their hand at making their own vehicles. Whatever, there is certainly a good line up of them here. Cheers Franky.

hi lads had a bit wander a round north shields fish quay area last week, lot of changes in the last few years nearly all apartments now, look like the fish market on union quay is finished, lot more restaurants, the area is definitely heading up market now. took these photo of this impressive lump heading up stream.

Stick my neck out and suggest a Barber Greene with a Guy Big J tipper.
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

Not the Tyne but just up the road at Blythe

IMGP0042.JPG

IMGP0030.JPG

rastone:

oiltreader:
Oily

Not the Tyne but just up the road at Blythe

Great stuff “rastone” Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.

Ah The Tyne … Larry I spent quite a lot of time on the river while on the Nth East coast paid of my last ship finishing my seagoing life in S Sheilds …anyway after braking in to road transport my first real long distance job with Allison,s Dundee my first Drop on a Monday was Linoleum at Alfred Bell and Co ( green vans ■■ ) on or close to the Quay who did distribution I remember it well ■■?.. Newcastle a agreat place with lots of great memories …Wy Ay Man ■■

backsplice:
Ah The Tyne … Larry I spent quite a lot of time on the river while on the Nth East coast paid of my last ship finishing my seagoing life in S Sheilds …anyway after braking in to road transport my first real long distance job with Allison,s Dundee my first Drop on a Monday was Linoleum at Alfred Bell and Co ( green vans ■■ ) on or close to the Quay who did distribution I remember it well ■■?.. Newcastle a agreat place with lots of great memories …Wy Ay Man ■■

They had a depot in Higham Place,Then they moved to Seaton Burn after taking G.Watt Transport over, Then they moved to Killingworth Then they were taken over by IIRC TWF Ltd, Regards Larry.

Hi all,I used to work for a firm in fisher street Newcastle upon Tyne about 7 or 8 years ago I ran the Bridgend hygiene depot ,they changed names they were eurocare then sterile technologies now called stericycle also in the 80.s I parked up by the bridge in my van as I used to deliver to the Athena stores cheers john

image.jpeg

Might have put some of these on before but

IMGP0207.JPG

IMGP0206.JPG

IMGP0204.JPG

IMGP0203.JPG

IMGP0202.JPG

New Folde 152.jpg

New Folde 151.jpg

A couple of pics from Saturday.

Bit of useless info- The City of St Petersburg, built specifically to carry Nissan cars, is powered by a single 7-cylinder 2-stroke engine. Wonder if it sounds anything like a Commer? :wink:

Lawrence Dunbar:

“Thoo shalt hev a little fishy on a little dishy when the booat comes in” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

“Thoo shalt hev a little fishy on a little dishy when the booat comes in” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aye and weshed doon with a good old single malt, It beats the salt & vinigar, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

On display at the Grampian Transport Museum.
Oily