The next step.

4 unit’s and 4 trailers ? (and 2 vans)!!!, blimey business must be good for u, hope it works out great for u. If you use them all to europe, you must be able to get discount on ferries. Try these transasia spedition 01304215540, they are in dover, same building as harbour shipping.

i used to do express deliverys for a frieght forwarded in leeds called hexagon on cross green ind est and it was bloody hard work.
i used to start at 6 pm drive to either peterboro or tile hill at coventry or sometimes both and load car parts then hike it down to dover and catch the 2.30am ferry to calais then it was rush to thann les voges near epinal if i was lucky i could run back to leeds empty but sometimes i had to load once i had to load in germany i cant remember what the place was called but it began with " g " anyway it was in the corner where france germany and swiss all meet i came out joined autoroute with the van well overweight with casserttes and turned the wrong way. i was watching the signs saying basel 10’k basel 8’k basel 4’ k then basel 2’k then sure enough switzerland and no turn off’s i explained to customs they shook their heads and let me in to turn round.
another time i went to angers and loaded in genvilliers in paris it was ok but it was all rush rush rush and no stopping as i was paid per job and that was in 1994 and i was paid £150.00 per trip.
i got back at 8am one friday they morning and they asked if i wanted to turn round and go back out again but i nipped that one in the bud straight away… im not suicidal.

north surrey haulage:

ianyng:
Vans have got good mileage on them also, and they’re in great nik.

All Ivecos have low mileage…it comes from being off the road so much :laughing: :laughing:

Personally I think he is doing the right thing running to Italy …He can save money on the parts

Oi ugly… don’t you start!! :laughing:

topcat:
4 unit’s and 4 trailers ? (and 2 vans)!!!, blimey business must be good for u, hope it works out great for u. If you use them all to europe, you must be able to get discount on ferries. Try these transasia spedition 01304215540, they are in dover, same building as harbour shipping.

Not just yet.

2 units (f’now)
3 trailers.
2 vans.

deleted

Thought you liked my Ivecos? :laughing:

I drove one of them iveco vans for about 2 weeks and they was ok driving wise, but the one thing I noticed bad about them is there fuel tank is tiny, the sprinters much better for the fuel capacity, if it was down to me though id go for the Transit jumbo every time, the sterios ace in them :sunglasses:

ianyng; here’s another number 4 u ,direct ferries.com 08704585161

I have only driven an Icveco van once, It was the most gutless piece of rubbish I have ever driven. Give me a sprinter any day. They are quick, reliable, and pretty darn economical !!

Also, Ian, do you reload out of italy, or would Germany be of interest to you ?
The company that I am driving a desk for, have fairly regular work out of their german warehouse to come back to cambridgeshire. Drop me a PM if you are interested.