not long to go

Hi all not been on for awhile. my last post spoke of being made redundant with the demise of the Belkin fleet. well we are almost there now with 4 weeks to go. I finish on the 2nd of march and things look a bit grim. Iv been chasing adverts and contacting firms i would like to work for but no luck yet unless you count the offer of six days a week including weekends for between 3 and 4 hundred all in. Im not that desperate plus i think i am worth more and wont sell my self cheap. I know the world and his wife is out there looking but if any one has any ideas i would appreciate the help. Iv been considering looking at some of the Irish fleets now that the digi card has them running mostly strait, and the word is they are looking at taking English drivers on now that a lot of the poles are retuning home and are not as cost effective as first thought with the cost of damage to equipment and customers alike taken in to account. discuss

I know times are bleak. But £400 per week pays a lot of bills. Good luck. It can happen to ANY of us!

the poles may well be returning home but they are being replaced by cheaper alternatives.
in the last three weeks i’ve encountered irish trucks in caen and portsmouth driven by romanians, bulgarians, moldovans and even ukrainians. how moldova and ukraine are in europe though to be able to work freely escapes me :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

bigvern1:
I know times are bleak. But £400 per week pays a lot of bills. Good luck. It can happen to ANY of us!

sorry mate but £400 for six days including sat & sun is less than 70 a day and i don’t think it pays a lot of bills after the mortgage and family food is paid for also i don’t wont to live on the bread line after doing a professional job all week i wont a professional wage. its that sort of attitude that keeps wages low

I know where you’re coming from, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. I seriously mean good luck feller. :sunglasses:

quote=“bigvern1”]I know where you’re coming from, but sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. I seriously mean good luck feller. :sunglasses: cheers mate i suppose i can give the agency’s a go and do a bit on the supermarket runs if i remember to keep my hi-vize vest all day while im driving.

welshboyinspain:
the poles may well be returning home but they are being replaced by cheaper alternatives.
in the last three weeks i’ve encountered irish trucks in caen and portsmouth driven by romanians, bulgarians, moldovans and even ukrainians. how moldova and ukraine are in europe though to be able to work freely escapes me :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just had a couple of weeks in Tenerife, PLENTY of Ukrainians down there, even opening their own “Cafes/Tapas Bars” [yeh right o]…

The old USSR states seem to be moving towards Spain / Balerics / Canaries en mass, someone told me, they thinks its europe`s California :open_mouth:

We met Ukraniains[strange lookers]/Estonians [well fit birds]/Latvians[strange full stop], + the local radio stations are advertising for old USSR bods for timeshare sales, plenty of LT/LV/RO cars running around, the locals seem to be confused with it all, the world is changing FAST :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just had a couple of weeks in Tenerife, PLENTY of Ukrainians down there, even opening their own “Cafes/Tapas Bars” [yeh right o]…

The old USSR states seem to be moving towards Spain / Balerics / Canaries en mass, someone told me, they thinks its europe`s California :open_mouth:

We met Ukraniains[strange lookers]/Estonians [well fit birds]/Latvians[strange full stop], + the local radio stations are advertising for old USSR bods for timeshare sales, plenty of LT/LV/RO cars running around, the locals seem to be confused with it all, the world is changing FAST :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
[/quote]
Now i know why the weather changed last week :wink: :wink: we had a Dierby Boy here all makes sense now :smiley: :smiley: Sorry Stanley…5-2…1-0 :grimacing: :grimacing: i think we have the BC Trophy safe at the City ground :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiley: lol.
Hope you enjoyed Tenerife mate :smiley:

Hodgy67:

Now i know why the weather changed last week :wink: :wink: we had a Dierby Boy here all makes sense now :smiley: :smiley: Sorry Stanley…5-2…1-0 :grimacing: :grimacing: i think we have the BC Trophy safe at the City ground :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiley: lol.
Hope you enjoyed Tenerife mate :smiley:
[/quote]
I had a great time, always do on Tenerife :sunglasses: Shame about the football, well and truly beaten by the enemy, I think Billy will take you lot up. I was with plenty of DERBY boys who live out there + some red dogs who I know, who go every year at the same time as us, it was painful, but the Dorada eased the pain.

Very quiet though, mega deals on booze/food/taxis/trips ect. to be had, everything nice and cheap again :laughing:

Sorry you Belkin boys :cry: . Just a quick question. Who is taking over your work and how come you can,t transfer over as you obviously all know the job :confused: . Hope you can find something soon. :slight_smile:

Johnny aka Little John:
Sorry you Belkin boys :cry: . Just a quick question. Who is taking over your work and how come you can,t transfer over as you obviously all know the job :confused: . Hope you can find something soon. :slight_smile:

cheers don’t know who is going to be doing the job yet its still out to tender but will probably be more than one firm depending on the size of the load .eg. envelope, parcel, cartons, single pallet, part load, bulk, ect ect. all the company’s interested were given a prospectus and they are being narrowed down to the final few for Belkin to make there mind up by a consultancy. at the moment what we don’t take is going on any eastern bod through a forwarding agent. i don’t think anyone will base any trucks there but if they do we will be looking for a job.
ps thanks for the pm im a ex smith’s man anyway.