The humble Ford D series

Here’s one my father in law has just finished restoring looks pretty good to me

D0F1596B-D150-4B4B-9AAB-86B8468EEE45.jpeg

Hi all ,Christie Tyler ran a lot of fords on the furniture contracts

image.jpeg

4c0ae3e006a3cb78960f11e75d44bdbe.jpg

Heading along Oldham Street in Manchester

DEANB:

This one has a taller cab than the others. Was that cab a leftover from the two-engine D-series project?

Edit- the cab is the same, apart from a different front panel, to accommodate lower headlights and bumper:

I guess the 6x4 had a deeper chassis, so the cab ended up higher, so the lamps had to be lowered for legal reasons?

Ford D Series makes its way through the traffic on Belgrave Gate in Leicester in 1969.
Click on image to view full size.

1968 ■■■■■■■ V8 24 tonner which I drove from 1970 onwards for a couple of years.

scan0004.jpg

J.H.Allen 24 ton Neville Artic ■■■■■■■ V8 1968 (1).jpg

Steve

Ste46:
1968 ■■■■■■■ V8 24 tonner which I drove from 1970 onwards for a couple of years.

Steve

Steve

Didn’t I send you a cleaned up pcture of the side view by the tanks

Tony

Ford D Series BSA.jpg Ford ‘D’ Series at the B.S.A. Works, Armoury Road, Small Heath, Birmingham IN 1968.

Early 70’s shot of I think a D600 I had on straw carting, all handball back then with little bales about 260 on a load IIRC, Buzzer.

something i noticed in the picture of belgrave gate Leicester. i could only see one foreign car the rest were british built Vauxhall, ford, triumph, Hillman etc. can you spot the odd one out not sure of the make.

m.a.n rules:
something i noticed in the picture of belgrave gate Leicester. i could only see one foreign car the rest were british built Vauxhall, ford, triumph, Hillman etc. can you spot the odd one out not sure of the make.

Yes the one behind the bike on the right not sure but think it could be a Fiat.

Yes, the one behind the bike is one of these:
bringatrailer.com/listing/1965- … lina-1300/
There is another Fiat behnd the D-series- an 850.

moomooland:

m.a.n rules:

Never mind the cars for foreigners, check the pedestrians out!!!

coomsey:

moomooland:

m.a.n rules:

Never mind the cars for foreigners, check the pedestrians out!!!

now,now play nicely… but now you mention it i see what you mean. :smiley: :wink:

There is also the Lambretta scooter just in view behind the mini at left side junction. :slight_smile:

Well spotted there Franky, You must go to Specsavers Eh, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.