The Graveyard

any body from the north east been to see that old truck parked at the back of the airport i think its a old tanker its a bit of a local monument would be nice to restore it but its ben there at least 30 years
. its in the garage in the village near the white swan prestwick i think

Its gone! there was lots of old classics in this yard in Leeds

Where abouts in Leeds Mate as i live Near ish…?
:smiley:

aye, I wouldn’t mind knowing where abouts too as I work in Leeds

Harry Hebborns old Foden .

I think Harry still uses this old gal .

And I know this came out of retirement a month ago .

paul allen:
Where abouts in Leeds Mate as i live Near ish…?
:smiley:

Its on Tong road, he was a haulier many years ago, but never got rid of anything, have been meaning to photograph all the stuff in his yard for the last 20 yrs and never got round to it, he’s had a right clear out over the past few months, dont think there’s much left now :frowning:

Jerry

davhems:
any body from the north east been to see that old truck parked at the back of the airport i think its a old tanker its a bit of a local monument would be nice to restore it but its ben there at least 30 years
. its in the garage in the village near the white swan prestwick i think

Yes its gone, but Im pleased to say its going to be restored to its former glory.It was a Golden Petroleum Albion Cheiftan Tanker, It stood at Armstrongs Garage for a lot of years after it was taken out of service, It was used to store deisel, but the fellow that has bought it is in the restoration game, so hopefully we will see it in the near future, Regards Larry

Thanks Mate,ive been there lastyear…Chaps called Clive really nice fella,heres a link to the pics i took:-

flickr.com/photos/37406071@N … 059057065/

A173 PTL is my Dads old lorry from John Brash and Co. I spent many school holidays sat in the pass seat (and the drivers seat to lol) I have a pic of her loaded up in the yard ready for her maiden voyage. Cant wait to show the pics to my Dad who retired a couple of years ago after over 35 years at John Brash.

Waltonflyer If you go back to page 11 she’s on that page as well.photo taken a couple of month ago.

Found this in the yard next door to Dymocks of Bathgate…

Now used as fuel tanks.Look at the diesel tank on the 4 wheeler, modified 45 gallon drum!!

altitude:
Now used as fuel tanks.Look at the diesel tank on the 4 wheeler, modified 45 gallon drum!!

altitude,do you know the quarry the Petroplus motor is in use at.Vic

v7victor:

altitude:

altitude,do you know the quarry the Petroplus motor is in use at.Vic

Yes… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I will pm you Vic.

altitude:

Wonder if the SedAtki is an ex Aasvogel skip wagon? Certainly their colours.

Muckaway:

altitude:

Wonder if the SedAtki is an ex Aasvogel skip wagon? Certainly their colours.

Yeah could be mate I don’t know, it looks like it’s had a hard life as skip waggons do. Don’t know if it’s a runner or not, it never moves.

Found these two old girls & what’s left of a low loader trying to hide in the bushes.

Saw this old lass at Walsh and Deardens a couple of weeks ago.