The classic 12-metre tandem spread-axle tilt

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

mechanic77:

That tilt’s coming along well! Look good behind Rowly’s Transcon. Robert

gazsa401:

I think that lorry did a trip to Iran IIRC. robert

Yes, here you go! Robert

Here’s a few I’ve got stashed on my phone, I’ve got a few (very rare) spreadaxle tilts in 1/24th and I wanted some pics to give me some ideas as the kits have the body sitting too high on the chassis.

The AGA and TAE ones may have been behind me at some point as I’ve dragged their trailers around a good many times.

The Bowker one may be the one Rowland Ward is renovating?

Hey, The Norfolk with its new owner, which will be towed by three Volvo’s F12 385, FH 420 and 520.

Eric,

Hey, Don’t know if I have already asked the question, if this trailer already has been restored ■■? know someone more ■■?
Its not a tilt but a wide spread, so where I have to put it !!!.

Eric,

Hey, An old anecdote, in times of customs, waiting by 33° to compleet your load, and then waiting for paperwork as T2’s for moving home at night. :smiley: :smiley:

Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey, An old anecdote, in times of customs, waiting by 33° to compleet your load, and then waiting for paperwork as T2’s for moving home at night. :smiley: :smiley:

Eric,

Ho-ho, Eric! A fine equipage! And bags of character too: Trilex wheels, long-range tank, striped bumper and cancelled TIR-plate - not to mention the spread-axle tilt! Robert

Blast! Double post :laughing: Robert

1 Like

Hey,
@ Robert the tilt did about 3/4 times Iran and Irak, but prices wre bad and the work dropped to continue.

Eric,

Hey, One I bought for scrap price and is working now again as a shunter.
And a Daf trailer, think with a strange tilt for you, but with lots here used for steel work.

Eric,

Hey, this two are for sale but don’t as price, the sallesman thinks that they stand on golden wheels. :frowning:
Knowing :frowning: that they are sought after for preservation.
Eric,

J
ust back from Baghdad early 80’s

Eric, your fine-looking steel trailer has just reminded me that I used to pick up Van Daele’s steel coil trailers from Dover for deliveries in the UK in the '80s, then ship them back empty on a flatbed trailer. These were very old trailers and only about 10m long, but had spread-axle tandem bogies. Here are a couple of pictures I took when I was working. Robert

Just found another pic of one. This was taken in North Wales. Robert

newmercman:
Here’s a few I’ve got stashed on my phone, I’ve got a few (very rare) spreadaxle tilts in 1/24th and I wanted some pics to give me some ideas as the kits have the body sitting too high on the chassis.

The AGA and TAE ones may have been behind me at some point as I’ve dragged their trailers around a good many times.

The Bowker one may be the one Rowland Ward is renovating?

Fantastic images! Thanks to all for contributing to the thread. Robert :smiley: