The classic 12-metre tandem spread-axle tilt

Hey Robert, a lot of tmany thanks, there was an orange normal 4x2 tractor Mercedes, that has driven for a
while with Belgium numberplates.
Because of permit problems of staying in Belgium, which was tipped to de police by a envious haulier. :frowning:
Pitty no picture, but the driver was small but very well ( little bit bulky) built and wearing glasses, think he must be now mid the '80’s, a very kind lad.

Eric,

I’ve been too busy with the 1:1 scale lorries to do much with this, but here’s my very own spreadaxle tilt.

It looks a bit Cadwallader but that will be sorted when I get time, it’s get a fictitious livery. PLG Overland (those that know, know)

Transport Services of Southampton.

Hi Mark you have the wrong hubs on the trailer… I know they’re the ones from the kit but they’re wrong as they’re actually driven hubs. They’re fairly easy to get hold of, or if you get stuck I’ve got the right ones, which I would hire at a very reasonable fee ( lol ). You just drill out the old ones and glue in the new ones it only takes a few minutes…

Jeff…

newmercman:
The Bowker one may be the one Rowland Ward is renovating?

No it’s not - the one he has is JBW12037, one of the trailers acquired by Bowker with the business of Jess B. Woodcock (Shipping) Limited, and which kept the JBW fleet numbers because of the carnets.

There a pre-restoration photo of it a page or two above, on the back of our Borderer. Don’t ask about the legality of that journey…

OMG!

Just one word. WOW!

Danne

newmercman:

OMG!

Proper old school! Very smart.

bullitt:

newmercman:

OMG!

Now that’s a cracker! It appears to be the same as this one I snapped at Gaydon in June, so is this the new livery or the previous one? Robert

robert1952:

bullitt:

newmercman:

OMG!

Now that’s a cracker! It appears to be the same as this one I snapped at Gaydon in June, so is this the new livery or the previous one? Robert

I was talking to someone about the photo in P&O colours,the colour has been changed on a computer, if you look at the hubs on the unit they are the same colour as the red and silver one. It’s very good how they’ve done it

JOHNXL70:

robert1952:

bullitt:

newmercman:

OMG!

I was talking to someone about the photo in P&O colours,the colour has been changed on a computer, if you look at the hubs on the unit they are the same colour as the red and silver one. It’s very good how they’ve done it

PHOTOSHOPPED! :open_mouth: Robert

Clever stuff! Still looks the part though!

Not a very good photo (sorry about that ) but this was Dad,s motor when he worked out of S.Ireland. Just stopped at home on route into Europe. Don,t know who,s trailer it use to belong to

[attachment=3]image.jpeg[/attachment]

Love it! When I initiated this thread I expected it to be a two-page wonder; and here we are several pages on still producing brilliant examples of the famous 40-foot tilt. Robert :smiley:

b640.jpg
t58.jpg

I knew I had this picture but it took me a while to find it.
I had just picked this trailer up, brand new, from Mr Pacton. All our trailers were Pactons on Altrex and they were strong and well built.
David

And Kenny Searle all chained up and ready to go!
David

Here’s one. The trailer was new, the date is obvious

David Miller:
I knew I had this picture but it took me a while to find it.
I had just picked this trailer up, brand new, from Mr Pacton. All our trailers were Pactons on Altrex and they were strong and well built.
David

The last of the decent Mercs too I notice! Was it 1625, 1626, 1628, 1632 or 1633 (those 1633s actually had a bit of oomph - well for a Merc anyway). robert

Meanwhile, here’s a nice Turkish Manas pulling a spready! Robert

ert_58.jpg