The bake-house?

Brookie

I suppose you could say that all of us who were doing it for so many
years were regulars at them all, although we all had our favourites. :laughing: :laughing:

Regards GAZ

Not quite Gaz I know the one you mean and I have eaten there I think the last time with John Lee but I cannot remember the name.
No this one was going toward Bellegarde coming from Fred Sparks railway bridge the road from Fernay Voltaire one of the Geneva borders came in from the right the restaurant was a little further on on the left.There would often be Swiss motors like Frederichi in there as it would have been the way from Geneva down to South west France and Spain.
I cannot remember the actual name but I have eaten there many times but obviously since the Autoroute was opened it may have closed as it would only have been the Swiss bound traffic that would have used it.

I think I know where you mean Ian. It looked like a Swiss chalet set well back
from the road. If that’s the one I’m pretty sure it was called the Oasis.

Regards GAZ

Sorry Gaz put my reply on the Rawlings thread :frowning:

GAZ IOW:
I think I know where you mean Ian. It looked like a Swiss chalet set well back
from the road. If that’s the one I’m pretty sure it was called the Oasis.

Regards GAZ

Hi Gaz

I think you are right. The Oasis was the one with the carpark covered in silver/white pumice stone that was like treacle when wet and californian dust bowl in the summer!!

hi gaz do you no steve & arthur smart are they still in the game used to run with them for eurohaul ta :smiley:

messers:
hi gaz do you no steve & arthur smart are they still in the game used to run with them for eurohaul ta :smiley:

Remember them well messers but can’t help you any further as I haven’t seen either for years :frowning:

Regards GAZ

there was another routiers before the autoroute bypassed it at colonges known I think as michel’s, if I remember rightly his wife ran it mostly as he drove for the french firm Stouff; can anyone else confirm this?
chazzer

Does anyone now if the Bakehouse is still on the go i to used to stop Thar in the 1980s

GAZ IOW:
Hi Brookie the Bakehouse was on the main road from Macon to
Bourg en bresse at the village of St.Cyr sur Menthon and many a
happy hour was had there by all!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Regards GAZ