The Bah Humbug Club!

Brace yourselves, that time of t’ year is coming!

BAH HUMBUG!

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

Hells bells Patrick , did you have to . I’ve been coasting along contentedly and you have to mention THAT . Mrs R says I’m a grumpy old sod most days now , but a little extra effort should get me in the mood for that dreaded time . Being a founder member I have to maintain tradition .

That’s done it, I haven’t had chance to forget last Christmas yet! Another season of giving naff cards to people you haven’t seen for thirty years or more and trying to look & sound grateful when someone gives you the bottle of East European plonk that they’ve had in the cupboard for fifteen years. I did save you a Hob Nob last year, Dave but when it got to September I decided to eat it myself. Roll on January!

Jeezers we aint had Halloween yet let alone Brexit and we have to be reminded of that time of year but there again it wont be long before we see holidays advertise to far flung places I suppose, Christmas should be every ten years then most of us would only have to endure it ten times at the most, Humbug it is then Buzzer.

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

Ye gods, :unamused: Seeing as I have an appointment with the surgeons knife in 8 days (have I told you about my knee :wink: ) and you go posting pictures of bloody ********* jumpers. I need cheering up man, I don’t need depressing with pictures like that. :imp::smiley: :wink:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

You ain’t got much in your wardrobe Patrick? Bah-humbug

pete smith:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

You ain’t got much in your wardrobe Patrick? Bah-humbug

Was a sweater that Fergie gave me Pete…

rigsby:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

Hells bells Patrick , did you have to . I’ve been coasting along contentedly and you have to mention THAT . Mrs R says I’m a grumpy old sod most days now , but a little extra effort should get me in the mood for that dreaded time . Being a founder member I have to maintain tradition .

:slight_smile: :laughing: just trying to get you into shape mate, you can thank me later!

grumpy old man:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

Ye gods, :unamused: Seeing as I have an appointment with the surgeons knife in 8 days (have I told you about my knee :wink: ) and you go posting pictures of bloody ********* jumpers. I need cheering up man, I don’t need depressing with pictures like that. :imp::smiley: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

I’m very pleased that this has been brought to my attention actually, on thursday I will be buying all the christmas cards/stamps and hopefully getting some new garlands as the missus made me dust the cobwebs that have worked just fine for a couple of years and they didn’t dust well. :unamused: Another week or so and I will start cake baking. :smiley:

Pete.

pv83:

rigsby:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

:slight_smile: :laughing: just trying to get you into shape mate, you can thank me later!

I’m already in shape , a big round shape so I don’t need any of that " festive season " rubbish to make me any rounder thank you . If I recall correctly you were banned last year for having the wrong attitude for this esteemed gathering . Maybe our friend mr Sutherland can persuade you of the error of your ways , for a small consideration being a Scot of course .

rigsby:

pv83:

rigsby:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

:slight_smile: [emoji38] just trying to get you into shape mate, you can thank me later!

I’m already in shape , a big round shape so I don’t need any of that " festive season " rubbish to make me any rounder thank you . If I recall correctly you were banned last year for having the wrong attitude for this esteemed gathering . Maybe our friend mr Sutherland can persuade you of the error of your ways , for a small consideration being a Scot of course .

Oh Patrick, you are playing with fire. Mr R is not a man to be messed with, especially if he is not amused!

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Oh Patrick, you are playing with fire. Mr R is not a man to be messed with, especially if he is not amused!

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny
[/quote]
Nah, no worries Johnny, I still can outrun him and the rest of the grumpy lot! :laughing: …coat…

Purchased a few cards today, too busy to write them at present so that task will have to wait until next week. Our local card shop was excellent and gave senior citizens gold card discount, however it has recently closed down because a Card Factory opened opposite it. :unamused: I won’t go in there on principle so picked a few cards up at the newsagents. At least we don’t have so many to send nowadays, back in the early 2000’s when involved with various clubs we sent out over one hundred but most folk we sent to then have now passed away alas. :cry:

Pete.

grumpy old man:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

Well, there’s bad news and there’s even worse news. The bad news is I’m still in pain with my knee, the even worse news is my surgery (Nov. 1st) has been cancelled, :open_mouth: Hospital rang yesterday…“we will re book you for Friday Dec. 20th”
Oh joy. :imp:

grumpy old man:

grumpy old man:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

Well, there’s bad news and there’s even worse news. The bad news is I’m still in pain with my knee, the even worse news is my surgery (Nov. 1st) has been cancelled, :open_mouth: Hospital rang yesterday…“we will re book you for Friday Dec. 20th”

That sounds like fun Brian , invalided and at the mercy of 'er indoors over the festive season . Will you be able to reach the whiskey bottle before she hides it ? Best of luck anyway .

windrush:
I’m very pleased that this has been brought to my attention actually, on thursday I will be buying all the christmas cards/stamps and hopefully getting some new garlands as the missus made me dust the cobwebs that have worked just fine for a couple of years and they didn’t dust well. :unamused: Another week or so and I will start cake baking. :smiley:

Pete.

Cake was made in June when it should be just keep it moist each week with some of Scotlands amber nectar

grumpy old man:

grumpy old man:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

Look forward to it - it’ll possibly be the best Christmas present ever! Pain free and running around like a young ''un! (and that’s from someone who’s had both replaced) Every time I go for my annual check-up I tell the surgeon it was the best day’s work he ever did!

Steve

grumpy old man:

grumpy old man:

pv83:

BAH HUMBUG!

I’m sorry to hear that, what was the reason for the cancellation?

rigsby:
That sounds like fun Brian , invalided and at the mercy of 'er indoors over the festive season . Will you be able to reach the whiskey bottle before she hides it ? Best of luck anyway .

I will expect to be waited on in a manner to what I’m accustomed to. I will need ‘pampering’ …and I’d better get it .
Of she thinks 60 years of marriage entitles her to ‘special privileges’…she;s mistaken :smiley: