Tales from yesteryear

Punchy Dan:
This threads like this your life with Michael Aspel .

And we even ran one “skateboard” just to keep abreast of how operations were in the “undergrowth” of the industry

Nice to see you had at least one profit making vehicle ,who cut the headboard off ? It would be useless to our operation like that .

Punchy Dan:
Nice to see you had at least one profit making vehicle ,who cut the headboard off ? It would be useless to our operation like that .

Is this motor more to your liking Dan’l ? I know it’s a " Tad" large for you but you could run around with the “L”'s on for a while,16ft flat might be a bit too long as well ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

ye too big for me Dennis or should I say Eamonn !

What El Presidente is not letting on is that little Iveco pick-up was used only for taking new sheets out to Northern drivers who insisted on ripping the old ones to bits. Rumour has it that the puddle-jumper was to be seen dumping the old, tattered sheets in a corner of Robson’s yard in the dead of night.

Retired Old ■■■■:
What El Presidente is not letting on is that little Iveco pick-up was used only for taking new sheets out to Northern drivers who insisted on ripping the old ones to bits. Rumour has it that the puddle-jumper was to be seen dumping the old, tattered sheets in a corner of Robson’s yard in the dead of night.

Didn’t know box van bodies were that sharp !

Punchy Dan:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Didn’t know box van bodies were that sharp !

^^ windrush was right after all .

Punchy Dan:
^^ windrush was right after all .

:wink:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh! Oh! the thread has been hi-jacked and scuppered by the Proles ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t forget, chaps, the Annual Prole Convention is at Leatherhead this year. Guest speaker is some bloke named Smith from oop North.

Any chance of another chapter of this saga some of us are logging on three times a day to see if I’ve missed anything!

Richard R:
Any chance of another chapter of this saga some of us are logging on three times a day to see if I’ve missed anything!

Thanks for the interest Richard but the old brain cell has gone AWOL so I’ve called it a day mate ! but I hope I might have encouraged a few of the other “older” :wink: members to maybe post their experiences on the site and I would hazard to guess they will just be as interesting or probably more so as those episodes I posted ! Cheers Bewick.

I had no idea what prole meant,another new word.to use at the bible reading group.pdb

prole
[prohl, proh-lee]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, Informal.
a member of the proletariat.
a person who performs routine tasks in a society.
adjective
proletarian (def 1).
Origin of prole Expand
1885-18901885-90; shortened form of proletariat

I’ll bet you remember this one Dennis. Pinched off the Dumfries Transport Group site on Facebook. Tidy load!

John.

IMG_0612.JPG

Bewick:

Richard R:

Thanks for the interest Richard but the old brain cell has gone AWOL so I’ve called it a day mate ! but I hope I might have encouraged a few of the other “older” :wink: members to maybe post their experiences on the site and I would hazard to guess they will just be as interesting or probably more so as those episodes I posted ! Cheers Bewick.

Are there any "older"than you on here Dennis?

David

From my vast archive!this is the same shot as I was sent for my file John so some thieving ■■■■■■■ must have “lifted it” without permission :angry: :angry: Anyway this Super Comet was first reg 14/07/1961 and scrapped ( well only relegated to run around the Town untaxed :wink: ) in June 1968 ! And your correct it would have been about when I was at Brady’s as I can recall the “short” reg No , however Leyland 680 a.k.a. Frank Sleddon will have the full SP on this unit . Cheers Dennis.

5thwheel:

Bewick:

Richard R:

Are there any "older"than you on here Dennis?

David

Well you for a start David ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: