Tales from yesteryear

Anyone who drove nails into the bed of my trailer would get their b****cks kicked.
Bloody Northern amateurs!

ExMilkTank:

Bewick:

ExMilkTank:
This has to be the most interesting entertaining thread on here, it’s the first thing I do when I log on every evening now, is to look to see if Bewick ( and I can spell it now!) has updated, thank you Mr Smith this is bloody good!.

You are defo in serious need of some sort of therapeutic help “ExMilkTank” !!! :unamused: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis

It’s ok Nurse said I am getting much better earlier when she gave me my sweeties, and she promises SOON she will leave to door unlocked!!

Obviously EMT you are incarcerated, sorry “a guest” at the same asylum, sorry, facility, in Leatherhead as our most Prolific TN member “CF” are you in the next cell , sorry, the next secure room to the “Great man” ? Cheers Bewick.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Anyone who drove nails into the bed of my trailer would get their b****cks kicked.
Bloody Northern amateurs!

Well OK then “fountain of all knowledge” :open_mouth: :confused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: How would you secure 22 ton of Signode banding ( in 1 1/2 inch coils wired together in 20’s) from rolling about if you couldn’t nail the skids down tight up so the coils were prevented from “working” backwards and forwards? Sounds like the term “Couldn’t load a rifle” to me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Anon 1.

‘Half an hour’ to sort his Desk! I’d have marched the back stabbing twit (deliberate typo) to the nearest bus stop and, cos I’m the generous type, give him a kleenex to wipe the blood off his face :smiley:

Please keep em coming Mr B, this much better than the telly :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Patrick

patrick 68:
‘Half an hour’ to sort his Desk! I’d have marched the back stabbing twit (deliberate typo) to the nearest bus stop and, cos I’m the generous type, give him a kleenex to wipe the blood off his face :smiley:

Please keep em coming Mr B, this much better than the telly :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Patrick

• ONE.

patrick 68:

Patrick

The half an hour included an 8 mile trip around the one way in town and down the A 65 to Milnthorpe “Patrick” and he was the most diabolical driver you could ever come across !! Believe me! I had over the years told him to pull up and let me drive on occasions when I had agreed to go in his car ! For the record this FD had, during the 5 years he worked for me 1) a new 2 ltr Granada “R” reg, 2) a new 3500 Rover “S” reg, 3) a new Merc 200 “T” reg, and finally a new “W” reg Merc 240D plus a substantial salary ,health ins and pension. Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

patrick 68:

Patrick

The half an hour included an 8 mile trip around the one way in town and down the A 65 to Milnthorpe “Patrick” and he was the most diabolical driver you could ever come across !! Believe me! I had over the years told him to pull up and let me drive on occasions when I had agreed to go in his car ! For the record this FD had, during the 5 years he worked for me 1) a new 2 ltr Granada “R” reg, 2) a new 3500 Rover “S” reg, 3) a new Merc 200 “T” reg, and finally a new “W” reg Merc 240D plus a substantial salary ,health ins and pension. Cheers Bewick.

Arrrr, it makes sense now why you didn’t kick the (z.b.) out of him, you didn’t want him to make a claim on your health insurance policy. :laughing:

P.S. I often kept a crowbar behind the back of the seat for nail extractions, sorry R.O.F.

Regards, another ex bloody Northern Amateur. :slight_smile:

You know what? This bloke has got me hooked. I checking this thread before I check the scoreboard at the Lords Test!

Bewick you should organise a " Night with Bewick" you could recant some tales of yester year over dinner and a pint or two, I would pay to hear you talk about your time in the haulage industry!

:smiley:

Richard R:
Bewick you should organise a " Night with Bewick" you could recant some tales of yester year over dinner and a pint or two, I would pay to hear you talk about your time in the haulage industry!

So would I, but it needs to be sarf of Watford or I get nose bleed!

Bewick:

ExMilkTank:

Bewick:

ExMilkTank:
This has to be the most interesting entertaining thread on here, it’s the first thing I do when I log on every evening now, is to look to see if Bewick ( and I can spell it now!) has updated, thank you Mr Smith this is bloody good!.

You are defo in serious need of some sort of therapeutic help “ExMilkTank” !!! :unamused: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis

It’s ok Nurse said I am getting much better earlier when she gave me my sweeties, and she promises SOON she will leave to door unlocked!!

Obviously EMT you are incarcerated, sorry “a guest” at the same asylum, sorry, facility, in Leatherhead as our most Prolific TN member “CF” are you in the next cell , sorry, the next secure room to the “Great man” ? Cheers Bewick.

How very dare you! I am here at my own choice, the nice nurses told me the doors are locked to keep the nasty people out, not me in!! I don’t know who the bloke in the next room is, but he don’t half go on!

ExMilkTank:
:smiley:

Richard R:

So would I, but it needs to be sarf of Watford or I get nose bleed!

Just think Bewick you could get a back load out of it as well!

ChrisArbon:
You know what? This bloke has got me hooked. I checking this thread before I check the scoreboard at the Lords Test!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

ChrisArbon:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hooked■■?, me too. I always used to have ■■■ with the wife on a Sunday morning, now I’ve just got up and gone straight to the computer to see what Dennis got up 30 years ago. Think I need therapy…

Oh dear, it seems I need a new wife as well…

Oh! dear I believe that the thread has reached a serious “tipping point” and I should call a halt to further instalments as I have no intention of being blamed for causing matrimonial difficulties ! Nor do I relish being named as the reason for instituting divorce proceedings! So I will crawl back under my stone and keep my head down eh! Please accept my apologies for any up-set my recollections may have caused. Bewick.

Bewick:
Oh! dear I believe that the thread has reached a serious “tipping point” and I should call a halt to further instalments as I have no intention of being blamed for causing matrimonial difficulties ! Nor do I relish being named as the reason for instituting divorce proceedings! So I will crawl back under my stone and keep my head down eh! Please accept my apologies for any up-set my recollections may have caused. Bewick.

Don’t you dare stop Bewick lots of men of a certain age are hanging off your every word

Bewick:

patrick 68:

Patrick

Some people you will never please Dennis , maybe a 264GLE Volvo would have made him more loyal :wink:

Richard R:

Bewick:

Don’t you dare stop Bewick lots of men of a certain age are hanging off your every word

This threads like this your life with Michael Aspel .

To continue, ignoring all the problems this thread appears to be causing! I believe I had thrown a right big spanner in the works when I sacked my F.D. as I don’t believe he had got all his “Ducks in a row” but he obviously was up ■■■■ creek without a paddle so he joined the Howarth Bros at Ingleton and I forgot about them, they were “dead” as far as I was concerned! I do not know what this ■■■■ had told the Howarth lads about his capabilities as a Road Haulier but take it from me his ability as a haulier was zero but he did fancy his chances even though I had let him have ago on two occasions and he ■■■■■■ up on both times and I had to retrieve the situation with comments from the two customers like “where did you find that ■■■■ from Dennis” One of the occasions he asked me if I would let him go to Garstang to negotiate a rate increase, no danger he could do it but he would take our transport manager with him for support! They came back with their tales between their legs with my manager in despair as to what had transpired as the “Big” Finnish MD had more or less slung them out ! So I had to make another appointment and I insisted my FD accompanied me. So I had this next meeting, telling my Co Director to keep stumm and let me do the talking, which he did. I had quite a robust negotiation ( as I always had with the Finns) me and their MD concluded a deal which he got me down a bit and I was satisfied with the outcome as well, once we shook hands which was all that was required it was smiles all round, they were a great firm to deal with and were straight as dyes but they enjoyed a robust negotiation but once you shook hands that was it “done” and they appreciated great service ! So on the way back to Milnthorpe this FD of mine just shook his head in disbelief, he couldn’t believe I had been dealing with the same bloke as he had attempted to reach a deal with, he was absolutely ■■■■■■■ stunned and I don’t think he ever got over the experience. However, with regard to him turning up at Howarths to take over the business he had joined them on the 1st of September 1982 and they kicked him out, I understood, at the beginning of December 1982 so whatever the ■■■■ had persuaded them what he could do obviously was a load of bollox and the Howarth Lads would see straight through him ! So poetic justice was served to the three of them and turmoil ensued at Ingleton for a while I believe. This ex FD of ours apparently went back into private practice as an Accountant after this episode at Ingleton and he had his office above the little Nat West branch in Bare on the sea front, I only know this because a guy I used to sell my scrap tyre casings to used him as his Accountant. But the end of the tale finally took place in the early 90’s or so, I’m not just sure when, but his wife found him hanging in their cellar or garage, not sure which, he had topped himself, they lived in a beautiful detached house on the fron’t at Bare overlooking Morecambe bay ! He actually was a very good management accountant if he’d only realised that he didn’t have a ■■■■■■■ clue about managing a haulage business but as they say “the grass is always greener” ! During the five years he worked for me he was on his 4th new car and enjoyed an excellent salary with pension and full BUPA Healthcare and I know you shouldn’t speak ill of the dead but I know you will be wondering what his name was, it was K. W. Wallwork and obviously the Howarth Lads are long gone as well. Cheers Bewick.