Tacho left on other work all night

toonsy:

Franglais:

tachograph:
By the way, are you aware that it’s an offence to “fail to enter the symbols of the country where the daily work period starts or ends”, I’ve no idea how many people who leave their card in do this or whether or not the DVSA are bothered but there is a £50 fixed penalty for failing to.

135euros in France…guess how I know?
Another reason I eject card at shift end, and replace it next day.

Would it be the same reason that the Catalan police relieved me of some cash?

Christmas party fund?

About a year ago, during my agency stint, I forgot to put the tacho of one truck onto break when I pulled my card on one Friday, and as a result, 60+ SOLID hours of other work was recorded over the following weekend! :blush: :blush: :blush:

On the following Monday, I was about three hours into a shift with a well respected pork pie company, when the tacho suddenly went into meltdown and flashed “15 minutes to driving break”! :open_mouth: I thought there was something wrong with the tacho, but I now realise why that happened. The drive time from the previous shift must have not been reset and I must have cocked up somewhere along the line. As a result, the rep from that agency was FURIOUS on why I accumulated all that working time over that weekend.

I have since dumped that agency BIG TIME because nearly a fortnight ago, I was sent to a packaging firm in Port Clarence to shunt trailers between their two sites (they were moving to a new site). But, tell you what, the trailers in question wouldn’t pass an MOT in Iran, and when I coupled up to one, there was a massive air leak from one of the brake chambers. Told the gaffer about it and was instead sent up solo to the new site to collect an empty.

Recieved a phone call from the agency, mentioning that the client sent an e-mail to them, claiming that I pulled all the airlines off on the unit (which I did NOT, and must have got confused with the leaking brake chamber, which were trying to big up on it and blame me for the defect), so I dumped the unit, threw the keys at them, and then rang the agency and told them that their client was an utter cowboy, and then told them to shove up the job where the sun don’t shine! :imp:

Back on subject, since then, I ALWAYS make sure (and double check) that I put the tacho onto break before pulling my bloody card at the end of a shift.

Franglais:

toonsy:

Franglais:

tachograph:
By the way, are you aware that it’s an offence to “fail to enter the symbols of the country where the daily work period starts or ends”, I’ve no idea how many people who leave their card in do this or whether or not the DVSA are bothered but there is a £50 fixed penalty for failing to.

135euros in France…guess how I know?
Another reason I eject card at shift end, and replace it next day.

Would it be the same reason that the Catalan police relieved me of some cash?

Christmas party fund?

New siesta pillows :laughing:

Garbo2018:
About a year ago, during my agency stint, I forgot to put the tacho of one truck onto break when I pulled my card on one Friday, and as a result, 60+ SOLID hours of other work was recorded over the following weekend! :blush: :blush: :blush:

On the following Monday, I was about three hours into a shift with a well respected pork pie company, when the tacho suddenly went into meltdown and flashed “15 minutes to driving break”! :open_mouth: I thought there was something wrong with the tacho, but I now realise why that happened. The drive time from the previous shift must have not been reset and I must have cocked up somewhere along the line. As a result, the rep from that agency was FURIOUS on why I accumulated all that driving time over that weekend.

I have since dumped that agency BIG TIME because nearly a fortnight ago, I was sent to a packaging firm in Port Clarence to shunt trailers between their two sites (they were moving to a new site). But, tell you what, the trailers in question wouldn’t pass an MOT in Iran, and when I coupled up to one, there was a massive air leak from one of the brake chambers. Told the gaffer about it and was instead sent up solo to the new site to collect an empty.

Recieved a phone call from the agency, mentioning that the client sent an e-mail to them, claiming that I pulled all the airlines off on the unit (which I did NOT, and must have got confused with the leaking brake chamber, which were trying to big up on it and blame me for the defect), so I dumped the unit, threw the keys at then, and then rang the agency and told them that their client was an utter cowboy, and then told them to shove up the job where the sun don’t shine! :imp:

Back on subject, since then, I ALWAYS make sure (and double check) that I put the tacho onto break before pulling my bloody card at the end of a shift.

That’s great mate but it shouldn’t matter what mode you eject on - the gaps won’t the filled unless you manually fill them next time you put the card in.

Since the dawn of the digicard nobody ever told me any different (when they were being introduced we got told to get one then after one night shift I took my wax tacho out and came in the next night to find an all-new digital tacho fitted fleet of trucks :open_mouth: ) so I’ve always taken my card out on cross hammers and never had an issue.

I once put two & half weeks holiday as other work on my manual entry first shift back

Oh how they laughed…NOT

■■■■ happens…

Garbo2018:

On the following Monday, I was about three hours into a shift with a well respected pork pie company, when the tacho suddenly went into meltdown and flashed “15 minutes to driving break”! :open_mouth: I thought there was something wrong with the tacho, but I now realise why that happened. The drive time from the previous shift must have not been reset and I must have cocked up somewhere along the line. As a result, the rep from that agency was FURIOUS on why I accumulated all that driving time over that weekend.

strange how you “accumulated all that driving time over that weekend” when you stated that you pulled your card? and as mentioned above if your card is ejected, it matters not that it is on crossed hammers when doing so. I’ve also always done this and never had any problems either.

toonsy:

Garbo2018:

Recieved a phone call from the agency, mentioning that the client sent an e-mail to them, claiming that I pulled all the airlines off on the unit (which I did NOT, and must have got confused with the leaking brake chamber, which were trying to big up on it and blame me for the defect), so I dumped the unit, threw the keys at then, and then rang the agency and told them that their client was an utter cowboy, and then told them to shove up the job where the sun don’t shine! :imp:

That’s great mate but it shouldn’t matter what mode you eject on - the gaps won’t the filled unless you manually fill them next time you put the card in.

Since the dawn of the digicard nobody ever told me any different (when they were being introduced we got told to get one then after one night shift I took my wax tacho out and came in the next night to find an all-new digital tacho fitted fleet of trucks :open_mouth: ) so I’ve always taken my card out on cross hammers and never had an issue.

Used to be a tacho that stay on whatever mode you was on when you took your card out so you had to select break first

mac12:

toonsy:

Garbo2018:

Used to be a tacho that stay on whatever mode you was on when you took your card out so you had to select break first

Any tacho will stay on whatever mode you leave it on, but it can’t record it to your card if it isn’t in the machine. Only way to get information on to your card is a manual entry.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It would if you took card out on work had say weekend off when you put it back it would show work for all weekend

mac12:
It would if you took card out on work had say weekend off when you put it back it would show work for all weekend

Hmmmm :neutral_face: Far be it from me to be a tacho/drivers hours expert, but are you sure.
I take my card out on work mode at end of every week, and there is never any probs with it on that score the following week on re.start.

People having probs with manual entries btw…that’s why I NEVER do em.

Got a question if i may, when doing a night out do you log sleeper berth time or just off duty for the whole break ?

mac12:

No it wouldn’t. The tacho CAN NOT record data on your card when it is not in the machine unless you do a manual entry when you put your card back in.
If you use this logic, if you finish on a Friday, then another driver uses the vehicle over the weekend, would you get their work/driving hours etc on your card? Of course not!
The only thing about this entire discussion that I can’t understand is how difficult it is for some people to grasp this simple concept

remy:
Got a question if i may, when doing a night out do you log sleeper berth time or just off duty for the whole break ?

When you park up, stick the tacho on break. When you start in the morning, put it on other work. Remember you will still have to record 15 minutes of other work before you start driving to show time for vehicle checks

CookieMonster:

remy:

When you park up, stick the tacho on break. When you start in the morning, put it on other work. Remember you will still have to record 15 minutes of other work before you start driving to show time for vehicle checks

Thanks, i only asked because here in the US we have to show actual time spent in the sleeper as ‘sleeper berth’ time.

remy:

Time spent overnight in the truck (equipped with a bunk) is the same as if you parked it in the depot and went home: off duty. It’s the same mode switch as for a 45 min break during the day.

There are other rules about time spent in the cab over weekend breaks… but they are a bit more complicated/open to interpretations, in different countries.

remy:

CookieMonster:

remy:

Thanks, i only asked because here in the US we have to show actual time spent in the sleeper as ‘sleeper berth’ time.

Are you lads still on logbooks then mate?

CookieMonster:

remy:

Not 15 mins ,just enough time for a check round ,an mot only takes 30 mins .

Punchy Dan:

CookieMonster:

remy:

Exactly, not sure how some idle lumps manage to do a 30 minute walk round. 15 mins unit, 15 mins trailer. Mind you if you’re paid by the hour and the company want that crack on.

I’m not so it’s as long as it takes to make sure nothings been stolen, the tyres are still round and the air is built up.

Punchy Dan:

CookieMonster:

remy:

It’s always 15 mins for me that I book for my ‘daily walk round checks’.
By coincidence the exact same amount of time it would take to make and drink a coffee, and check my phone for whats apps sent. :laughing:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

CookieMonster:

remy:

It’s always 15 mins for me that I book for my ‘daily walk round checks’.
By coincidence the exact same amount of time it would take to make and drink a coffee, and check my phone for whats apps sent. :laughing:

I think he would struggle to send my phone what he sends to you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: