When will i learn another tacho thread

Ok due to the on going situation so traffic is lighter and the fact someone of my drops are either shut or reduced staff so their orders are less I got done by 13:15 yesterday and clocked out at 13:22. I started at 4.30am and only did 4 hours 15 min total driving time (according to the tacho) I took 1 30 min break at about 7:10 am didn’t bother with the second one as I wasn’t going to exceed the 4.5 driving time or the 9 hours.

This morning I put the card in and it said no break 45 I didn’t exceed 9 hours as far as I can work out and I didn’t exceed the 4.5 hours driving so why the dickens did it say that. I asked the tm this afternoon and he said there was no new infringements on my card. but couldn’t offer an explanation.

Some.may disagree.
But i recommend putting tacho onto rest mode at end of each shift leave it to register for 1 min then eject card .
It cold solve your problem

Manual entry at start of shift?

If you do manual entries I didn’t realise straight away you can check your entries before committing - at the point where it asks you to save entries Yes / No, No then goes round each entry you have put in and allows it to be changed, rather than starting from scratch.

Probably just an unacknowledged warning from the day before.

Conor:

I do a manual entry every day as the big boss likes our tacho’s to match our clock cards. I was just writing out an explanation of how I didn’t mess it up when I miss typed one of the times… I bet I did that on the other work part at the end of the shift enough to put me over 9 hours wtd.

Noremac:
Probably just an unacknowledged warning from the day before.

What he said.

cooper1203:

Conor:

I do a manual entry every day as the big boss likes our tacho’s to match our clock cards. I was just writing out an explanation of how I didn’t mess it up when I miss typed one of the times… I bet I did that on the other work part at the end of the shift enough to put me over 9 hours wtd.

Chances are you made a mistake doing the manual entry and had it on the wrong mode. Won’t be the first, won’t be the last to do it.