Tacho /rest

Do any one know if you can get the rest you have had through out the day without doing a printout.My firm know
wants us to write down how much rest we have had throughout the day and the only way i can find to do it on tacho is a print out. I know
i can write it down with a pen and paper .

45 minutes. Always 45 minutes unless you’ve done more than 9hrs driving then it’s 1.5hrs or had a 6hr or longer stint after you took a 45 in which case it’s then an hour. Even if you’ve not done 4.5hrs driving but done an 8-9hr day still put down 45 minutes.

Don’t give them any more ammunition for cutting wages than you have to.

surly when they download your card at the end of the shift or when ever it tells them how much rest you have had. as I discovered using what the tacho says unless its a full 45 or just a 15 is inaccurate. I have 2 30 minuet breaks in a shift tacho only ever shows that my first break was 15 and second was a 30 unless I do a print out then it shows the 2 30’s

I get paid for all breaks don’t matter how much iv’e had.It’s more for the 48 hour weekey euro thing.Its so the driver can see how much they done
after the breaks are taken of.I do break of 5 mins here and there on top of the driving breaks.

Scroll past printout till display, select the date and you can then see all the info the same as a printout

stevieboy308:
Scroll past printout till display, select the date and you can then see all the info the same as a printout

Thanks i will have a look at that.

fingermissing:

stevieboy308:

That’s definitely the case for the 2nd gen 2011 oct+ Siemens / VDO.

The 1st gen didn’t have this option.

And I’ve only just started using stoneridge, so not had a look yet

stevieboy308:

fingermissing:

stevieboy308:

Are you sure about that, I’m pretty sure type 1 Siemens/VDO tachographs did have the display option.

Takes a bit of scrolling to get to the summary part of the display though.

I guess the company doesn’t want you doing printouts. You could always carry your own tacho roll, put it in for the printout and then put the old one back, as if you were never there. Alternatively, just replace any tacho roll you finish. Scrolling through would take a while I would think.

tachograph:

stevieboy308:

fingermissing:

stevieboy308:

Are you sure about that, I’m pretty sure type 1 Siemens/VDO tachographs did have the display option.

I’ll check tomorrow, but thought I’ve only seen the option in the 2nd gen ones

Yeah it would have been far easier if that were at the top or if you could go backwards to get it!

fingermissing:
I get paid for all breaks don’t matter how much iv’e had.It’s more for the 48 hour weekey euro thing.Its so the driver can see how much they done
after the breaks are taken of.I do break of 5 mins here and there on top of the driving breaks.

Let them sort it out. It’s their responsibility, not yours and if they’re the kind of company who are wanting to grab every few minutes so they can max your hours out then you need to be working elsewhere.

Having the odd 5 minutes on break isn’t going to do you any favours, looks as dodgy as hell. Much better using PoA and then you’ll keep DVSA happy and it won’t count as working time.

Conor:

fingermissing:

Let them sort it out. It’s their responsibility, not yours and if they’re the kind of company who are wanting to grab every few minutes so they can max your hours out then you need to be working elsewhere.

Having the odd 5 minutes on break isn’t going to do you any favours, looks as dodgy as hell. Much better using PoA and then you’ll keep DVSA happy and it won’t count as working time.

Why would a five minute break look dodgy as hell?

It makes no difference and dvsa won’t be arsed if you’ve used break or poa for 5 mins

Noremac:
I guess the company doesn’t want you doing printouts. You could always carry your own tacho roll, put it in for the printout and then put the old one back, as if you were never there. Alternatively, just replace any tacho roll you finish. Scrolling through would take a while I would think.

Oh boo hoo hoo. 75 pence a roll for one box of three rolls, a suit’s brainwave idea. Tough, they chose to run lorries it’s part and parcel of the game. Perhaps they want drivers to buy some fuel for them as well? Maybe they haven’t got enough ackers to run the lorries in accordance with their licensing conditions, in which case they should get out of the kitchen.

tachpro.com/product/digital-tac … wiEALw_wcB

tachograph:

stevieboy308:

fingermissing:

stevieboy308:

Yep you’re right, display is there! Dunno why I thought that was only on the 2nd gen ones!

Conor:

fingermissing:

Just out of curiosity you pull into somewhere jump out use the toilets grab a coffee takes between 5-10 minutes what would you put the tacho to? Personally I use break because that is what I am taking in terms of my activities and no this has never been a problem with DVSA.

Mazzer2:

Conor:

fingermissing:

Just out of curiosity you pull into somewhere jump out use the toilets grab a coffee takes between 5-10 minutes what would you put the tacho to? Personally I use break because that is what I am taking in terms of my activities and no this has never been a problem with DVSA.

If I’m due a break then it goes on break, if not then it stays on either work so I can get going straight away. My workload isn’t so heavy that I need to worry about WTD

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stevieboy308:

It makes no difference and dvsa won’t be arsed if you’ve used break or poa for 5 mins

Could be argued you’re in the habit of sticking it on break every time you stop which then questions the validity of the breaks you did take and whether or not you were tipping/loading on break, especially if you’re on multidrop.

Just out of curiosity you pull into somewhere jump out use the toilets grab a coffee takes between 5-10 minutes what would you put the tacho to?

A break only counts for resetting WTD or as a first part of a split 45 if it’s at least 15 minutes. I leave it on other work unless I intend it to be the upper end of your example and I’m parked and not stopped on the pumps in which case I’ll put it on break and take 15 minutes.

Conor:

stevieboy308:

Could be argued you’re in the habit of sticking it on break every time you stop which then questions the validity of the breaks you did take and whether or not you were tipping/loading on break, especially if you’re on multidrop.

Just out of curiosity you pull into somewhere jump out use the toilets grab a coffee takes between 5-10 minutes what would you put the tacho to?

A break only counts for resetting WTD or as a first part of a split 45 if it’s at least 15 minutes. I leave it on other work unless I intend it to be the upper end of your example and I’m parked and not stopped on the pumps in which case I’ll put it on break and take 15 minutes.

But you’d still have loads of times other work is recorded - when you’re doing other work!

Why would it get questioned you putting it on break but it wouldn’t if you put it on poa?

If you record other work when you’re doing other work and break anytime you’re not doing any work, then you’ve really got nothing to worry about, it won’t look dodgy and dvsa wouldn’t prefer it if you used poa!

stevieboy308:

It works thanks.

fingermissing:

stevieboy308:

It works thanks.

No worries