Suffolk hauliers

ash, would you happen to have any pics of Lite-Haul, ? a small firm in Trelawny house in the early 80’s I know they didnt have many motors though, I was a subbie to them.

Ash,you are a star and have come up trumps yet again!

Are you sure that the Nippress F12 is Farmer’s? Nippress ran a couple of their own motors back in the early 80’s,one being an F12 (though it may have been a four wheeler) and an F7.

A&H Haulage,remember them very well,they used to do a lot of Johnson Stevens work the same as Trans UK.

Freelance were I think down Fagbury Road.

Teamhaul were based just off the Dooley roundabout.They had a sickeningly lime green colour scheme.

Harold Morton is indeed Ralph’s brother.The last I saw of him he was running his own motor in K-Line colours.

Je&A Goodwin were based just off the A45 (now A14) near Bury St.Edmunds.Always had second hand motors.

And that OOCL Scania,if that’s HBJ 807 V,then it’s one of two that Goodway’s took over from,I think,B&R,and was the first truck I had when I started at Goodway’s.

The Interport 111 next to it was one of two that were run from Langer Road Service Station in Felixstowe.

And a P&O Roadways 111 in USL colours.When the US bases were still going at Mildenhall,Lakenheath etc. there was an awful lot of boxes shipped with supplies and comforts from America.

More please… :smiley:

KW:
Ash,you are a star and have come up trumps yet again!

Are you sure that the Nippress F12 is Farmer’s? Nippress ran a couple of their own motors back in the early 80’s,one being an F12 (though it may have been a four wheeler) and an F7.
More please… :smiley:

Yep, im sure it was Farmers. He had Northamptonshire and Suffolk reg’s. Ive got pics of the F7’s plus more F12’s from Hull depot so ill post them later this weekend. :wink:

Cor blimey does bring back some memories well done yet again Truckerash

That leyland marathon ended up working on Westropes, what a dog of a motor that was glad it got exported
i remember it broke down right in the middle of halstead on the roundabouts we was called some names that day when where trying to get i going again new filters and away she went :laughing:

I note that the Goodwin’s 111 is HBJ806V,which would also make it an ex-OOCL motor.

OOCL actually ran four of their own trucks,under the banner of Orient Shipping Services Limited as in the pic.They had two ex-Russell Davies 111’s which had been painted in OOCL colours from new,and two P-cab 112’s.

Danny Stewart & Andy Palmer had the 112’s,but can’t remember who had the 111’s,though Ken Cleaver,an ex-Ancliff driver,took one over some years later.

I was one of four Goodways driver’s who were on contract with OOCL.

great pics ash, nippress had their own truck right up until they folded a few years back, that a and h man, im guessing that was at the routemaster building the picture was taken? goodwins went a few years back, i think freelance are still going, i believe they specialized in tank containers but just had a plain white fleet.

i will get on the case of a man we both know who may well have a pic of frosts white/mack…

kep them coming, got any old cowan bros.?

got any taylor barnard ash :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

seems like this Suffolk thread’s a good un :slight_smile: Plenty of memories then?
So, can anyone give me any info on this “old beauty”? I didnt take the pic and I dont know where the location was. Great looking truck though. Love some info on it pleeeease :smiley:

dreva:
got any taylor barnard ash :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

plain boring green scanias? Dunno, have to have look deep inside the old photo shoe box…

Great photos Truckerash

Yes I remember A & H

Sorry this E W List F88 is so blurry

Is this yet another member of the Morton family?

I assume from the Deben names that these are two of Carters

Another Interport Scania

A few more Suffolk Hauliers

RED OR BLACK. That is the question

Could never decide. Love the bright red livery of Fairers with all the “extras” but the smart unassumung black and white of Balls was just as appealing.

What do you lot think?

By the way, someone said D C Ball was from Cambs, but actually he was (Still is) from Newmarket which comes nicely into this Suffolk thread :wink:

Another rumour was that the two men hated each other. Anyone know if this was the case. I heard they worked together when buying new trucks to get the discount. Most of the trucks had concecutive numbers. Anyway, enough garbage :confused:

enjoy the pics :slight_smile:

Me and you in competiton for the best pics on here then Mike?? :wink:
SNAP…i got one of Pearsons too.

just a quick note on frosts, the colours in the above pictures is derived from fordson tractors, but when they started doing a lot of work for ccc they decided the colours didnt go together so adopted the red and white they still run

that morton f88 reg plate looks familiar, no idea if its a relation (but i would bet it is)

this was languising in essex a couple of years ago…

This is the most fascinating thread!

AB Morton was Ralph’s father as far as I know, Ralph worked for him before going out on his own, I have a pic of one of his former motors in orange and brown livery:

The other Motron was also a relation I believe.

Taylor-Balls were up Mildenhall way I think, they still run buses/coaches, there was an article in the local paper about them recently.

I mentioned this in my Woolpit thread, but did anyone remember Brian Carberry used to drive for Loadwells for years before he went out on his own. He ended up with an F7 sleeper cab I remember.

KW posted some pics of Mitchell-Rowlands back on his Trans-UK thread, they’re still going but now sell agricultural sprayers in Buxhall.

Keep em coming folks!!

truckerash:
seems like this Suffolk thread’s a good un :slight_smile: Plenty of memories then?
So, can anyone give me any info on this “old beauty”? I didnt take the pic and I dont know where the location was. Great looking truck though. Love some info on it pleeeease :smiley:

this was put on the road in april 74, jack iddon was the driver, it was russel davis’s first truck in a customers livery

Didn’t Taylor Barnard have a depot at Didcot as well? I remember delivering there about twenty years ago. Just found these Dreva.

Heres another mystery :confused:

Was this still owned by R A Robinson, or had it been sold by this time?
Even more curious is the reg. L reg F89? :confused: Dont think so…
And it has WKS on the door, which makes me think Rod had sold it on.
You cant blame me for not getting the F88 and 111 in the shot…I didnt take it ha ha.

This is one of Carters trucks in CEL colours

truckerash:
Me and you in competiton for the best pics on here then Mike?? :wink:
SNAP…i got one of Pearsons too.

is that a local reg? Or is it formely a Russel Davies motor? Reason I ask is, showed a picture to that walking truck registration encyclopedia Mr Waspe at some time, of my friends Scania 111, straight away he said it was ex RD, they had lots of BRT reg’s, and proceded to quote them, and then find me a pic of the truck in it’s original livery!!
yet another cracking thread Ash.