Stobarts tv show and bridge heights

$$$:

weeto:
There is no maximum legal height limit in the UK, if you can get from A to B at 18 foot with out causing damage to over head structures, its good to go.

Correct. 16’ is the industry standard company policy max height for transporters though. I think every hgv driver should invest in a measuring stick, especially if you drive a scania that rides about 6" above the stated trailer height.

Why would you pay out for a measuring stick? Fatasfox taught us a nifty trick of the trade, just park next to a trailer and estimate the height based on the trailer you’re parked next to being a known height. If you park next to a 14ft trailer and you’re a couple or so ft higher, then you know it’s 16ft! Simple if you think about it.

jbaz73:

$$$:

weeto:
There is no maximum legal height limit in the UK, if you can get from A to B at 18 foot with out causing damage to over head structures, its good to go.

Correct. 16’ is the industry standard company policy max height for transporters though. I think every hgv driver should invest in a measuring stick, especially if you drive a scania that rides about 6" above the stated trailer height.

Why would you pay out for a measuring stick? Fatasfox taught us a nifty trick of the trade, just park next to a trailer and estimate the height based on the trailer you’re parked next to being a known height. If you park next to a 14ft trailer and you’re a couple or so ft higher, then you know it’s 16ft! Simple if you think about it.

I’d say simpler to just measure with your own measuring stick, and more accurate.

Whooosh… I can’t post a link on this bloody phone but if you look for hgv life lowloader, you will learn that you do not need a height stick. All foxy needs is a taughtliner to accurately measure the height of the boom of the excavator he is moving. Why waste money on a stick?

jbaz73:
Whooosh… I can’t post a link on this bloody phone but if you look for hgv life lowloader, you will learn that you do not need a height stick. All foxy needs is a taughtliner to accurately measure the height of the boom of the excavator he is moving. Why waste money on a stick?

Er, because there might not be a trailer parked next to you, you might not want to faff about parking next to one, and you can’t visually determine the exact height by comparing. For you it might be ok to get a rough idea, but for a professional driver who needs to know a measuring stick is the best option.

$$$:

jbaz73:

Er, because there might not be a trailer parked next to you, you might not want to faff about parking next to one, and you can’t visually determine the exact height by comparing. For you it might be ok to get a rough idea, but for a professional driver who needs to know a measuring stick is the best option.

He’s winding you up mate, presumably when you sling a load of new cars on at a dock compound you’re supposed to hail a passing curtain sider as if it were a taxi, or possibly a properly marked boom on an excavator that has already had the '‘compare to tautliner’ super accurate height measuring method, and then compare heights :unamused:

What is this stobart TV show? Sounds like entertaining nonsense.

I have seen a fly on wall type show following some heavy haulage firm. Wasn’t stobart though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sorry, my bad. It was a wind up, I just cannot believe what fatasfox did… “it’s about a foot higher than the tautliner, good enough for me, toodles” that video made trucker jay look professional :unamused: how has he not had an accident? “If you don’t know your exact height, drive slowly under” I honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing! I can begin to understand why there are so many bridge strikes

jbaz73:
Sorry, my bad. It was a wind up, I just cannot believe what fatasfox did… “it’s about a foot higher than the tautliner, good enough for me, toodles” that video made trucker jay look professional :unamused: how has he not had an accident? “If you don’t know your exact height, drive slowly under” I honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing! I can begin to understand why there are so many bridge strikes

A guy on here asked a question about driving under a bridge that was an inch lower than his marked height and he wanted to know if it would still go under and I jokingly suggested just putting the foot down and it would get through with just a few scrapes if it was too close and someone took it dead literally and thought I was being serious!
Not everyone gets satire and jokes on the internet and in particular, this forum! :laughing:

Mea culpa, I have a dry wit and sarcasm is hard to detect in text.

More to the point why were you watching that fatasfok fool anyway, boredom or sadomasochism? You and the OP could sit together and watch back to back episodes of eddie telly and wobbly belly and place bets on which of you ends up in a coma first.

Reef:
More to the point why were you watching that fatasfok fool anyway, boredom or sadomasochism? You and the OP could sit together and watch back to back episodes of eddie telly and wobbly belly and place bets on which of you ends up in a coma first.

" fatasfok fool "

A lot boredom, a little sadist. He makes me larf, I have recently discovered the world of trucker Jay vids, that should help with the insomnia.

My money is on me being first in a coma. I’ve just finished a night shift and I’m already half way there.

Must be a very old rerun as Stobbies got rid of the transporter side many moons ago.

16’ 2" if memory serves me right on the black Focus on deck one big 12 by Glen Jones, on Flickr

I was sad enough to watch the show one where they were signing autograph’s for the saddo fans,what got me was some woman at the end said and I quote THEY REALLY ARE THE KINGS OF THE ROAD unquote,stupid woman