Start C Training 30th November

Good luck Rob

To pass this test you need a LOT of self belief. The driving will take care of itself but you have to really really believe you have the skills.

This is not all that difficult to pass. Thousands have before you and many others will this year. Don’t think of of it as a 1 hour problem. It is just 120 little 30 second problems.

You will pass and then you can celebrate.

I would not dream of offering advice about driving. Your instructor has done all that. Only 3 tiny words of wisdom. 1. Know what is behind you at every moment - 2.Know what the speed limit is at every moment - 3. Know what gear you are in and what your next gear is likely to be. These 3 will get you 90% of the way.

Good luck

Good Luck Rob, Passed mine today its a great feeling. Go get yours done too.

Martin

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Not much sleep last night but had some tea and toast before going for test and felt better for it.
When I got to the test centre I was much less nervous than yesterday. :slight_smile:

Answered questions ok and then reverse was spot on, I ran over a cone the day before! No more brake test so then out on the road into Wetherby and told to turn left to go to Harrogate on the only road I haven’t practised on because its a 7.5t weight limit! :unamused: He said don’t worry I have a permit to so you can. Quite narrow in places and a bit tricky because it was all new to me :open_mouth: touched a curb on a sharp narrow bend and I thought I had failed :blush:
But I thought try to forget it and keep going as if i’m ok. As I headed into Harrogate I thought oh no not the corner from hell! :smiling_imp:
Yes the corner from hell did come up the hard way but I remembered what paul had told me and did my best! Got round in one go ok not like a real trucker but the best yet :laughing:
Then through Knaresborough past Mother Shiptons caves and the main shopping street. Then over to the A1M and south back into Wetherby main shopping street before retuning to Walton test centre. Oh well I thought I did ok and was quite pleased with my driving except the kerb.

Got back to the test centre and the examiner said I’m pleased to tell you you’ve passed! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Pass first time with 8 Minors :wink:

So happy after yesterday I thought I had no chance with my nerves :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

So fireworks please :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No CPC needed until 2014 as I have “Grandad rights” :unamused: I’m only 38! At least its cheaper :stuck_out_tongue:
Might be doing C+E now in Febuary with Paul so if I do I’ll post again on here
If you are thinking of LGV training in Yorkshire then please consider EDT Training, Paul is exellent and his truck is great to drive.
C+E is with same truck but with drawbar trailer. :slight_smile: So well used to gearbox though will be a bit differnt with more weight from trailer.

Rob :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Congrats on passing :smiley:

Nice one Rob. Well done

well done !! :smiley:

congratulations i passed c c+e with paul a couple of months back its easier to go from c to c+e than from a car to c once again well done

Congratulations mate well done. :smiley:

gardenvespa:
Got back to the test centre and the examiner said I’m pleased to tell you you’ve passed!

Hi Rob,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

gardenvespa:
… I ran over a cone

:open_mouth: Pah!! :grimacing: :wink:

You only did that in practice, but I showed them it could be done for real on my first test!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks for your kind words Rob.

Only down side today was the “8 FAULTS” you accumulated on your test. I thought you would have less than that!!!

But a pass is a pass.

Well done once again and hope to see you in the near future

Regards

Paul

Congratulations on passing your C test, well chuffed for you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done. Get back for CE as soon as you can. You’ll have forgotten less and picked up fewer bad habits.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

well done that man - congrats

congratulations on test pass

and good luck for c+e

all the best

Jennie x

Thanks so much to you all, now I know how good it feels to pass instead of just reading about other peoples success :smiley:
People on here are so friendly and helpful THANK YOU :smiley:

Thanks for the fireworks Diesel Dave :grimacing: :laughing:

elmet training:
Thanks for your kind words Rob.

Only down side today was the “8 FAULTS” you accumulated on your test. I thought you would have less than that!!!

But a pass is a pass.

Well done once again and hope to see you in the near future

Regards

Paul

No problem Paul, credit where credit is due :sunglasses:

Peter Smythe:
Well done. Get back for CE as soon as you can. You’ll have forgotten less and picked up fewer bad habits.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I think that is good advice, thanks Peter. You seem to talk a lot of sense on here so I will bear that in mind :wink:

jonny74:
congratulations i passed c c+e with paul a couple of months back its easier to go from c to c+e than from a car to c once again well done

Hi Jonny, I remember you passing your C+E the Friday before I was due to start my training at the end of November and you missed the snow by a whisker! :astonished: And then I got it full force! :laughing: Never mind I don’t care now I’ve passed. :grimacing:
Thanks for the advice regarding going straight on to C+E after passing. I think I will as with paul its the same truck just a bit heavier and longer. :slight_smile:
Whats it like to drive with the trailer on? Do you have to change gear a lot more? I think Paul said you have to set off in 2nd instead of 3rd. I found the reverse fairly easy, what about with the trailer? :blush:

Rob Full Class 2 Licence Holder! Still hasn’t sunk in yet! :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

I’m also using the handrbrake more

Hi Nezza. Just about all you’re doing makes sense - but be careful of the one above. The handbrake - normally known as park brake - is used very little on trucks in normal driving. Be advised by your instructor who should be able to guide you on this (and everything else for that matter!)

Very best of luck - it’s good to see you taking it seriously. Pete :laughing: :laughing:
(Won’t mention the typo!)

how come u don`t use the park brake much? ithought u should use it every time u stop