Standard questions circa 40 years ago

I’ve hit a car on the circular. Will my boss smack me in the mouth?

Shall I have 3 x 15 min breaks today or a 45 min break for me driving hours ?

What no. fuse do I need to pull to knock out the tacho? (And the limiter, and the hazard lights :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: )

Should I ask that newbie driver called Carryfast to explain the pro’s and cons of double drive trucks?

the nodding donkey:
What no. fuse do I need to pull to knock out the tacho? (And the limiter, and the hazard lights :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: )

24 if it’s a Scania 143 :wink: :smiley:

Or was it 26.

Or if you are on a B series ERF remove the drive clip inside the speedo cable.

My ‘mate’ told me. :laughing:

Bking:

commonrail:

OVLOV JAY:
Anyone got any info on BRS?

That’s a good one.
Can anyone oblige?

Yes my pension from BRS/NFC/is now “owned” by DHL!!!
Anybody fluent in German?

was? :grimacing:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Or was it 26.

Remove middle pin on top row in the 9 pin block F, in an F10 or 12, mmtm !

Another"mate" used to turn the key back for the same effect when I 'he" drove a Renault turboliner !

Anybody spotted the new Octopus yet?

New licence - just got me driving licence, anybody taking on night trunk lorry drivers in the London area?

Load security - Does this butter need rope & sheeting?
No lad, just drive to conditions

Best way to secure buckets to the front bumber?

Drove to Romania and back last month - why can’t they learn to speak bloody English?!!

Crank handles vs. electronic ignitions
since getting my electronic ignition, I’d never go back to crank handles.
…you soft as ■■■■■ southerner. I’m old school mate, you can’t beat the control of a crank handle
…you obviously can’t drive a lorry properly. You can control the starting with an electronic ignition!
…Don’t care mate. I’ve been cranking handles for 50 years and I’m not gonna change now
…cranking the boss’s handle I reckon
…I drive for a small firm called Eddie Stobart & sons, and most of their drivers only passed their driving test using a car with electorinc ignition.

We’ve had bigger than that in 'ere drive!
(first post has a picture of a Bedford KM 4x2 with a single axle trailer delivering sand to a children’s palyground with a 15ft wide gate)

Been seeing a handful of Swedish manufactured lorries lately
I reckon they might catch on
…you’re an idiot. British lorry manufacturing is WAY too strong to ever disappear mate. Those Swedes will never break this market. There’s over 30 manufacturers here - we’ll always be around.

the maoster:
Should I ask that newbie driver called Carryfast to explain the pro’s and cons of double drive trucks?

Ironically more like a case of old hands driving Fodens explaining it to me when dragging the Clydesdale out of a another landfill site hole.While I just said nothing. :smiling_imp: :laughing: Blimey was that all really over 35 years ago.Seems like yesterday. :open_mouth: :frowning:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Or was it 26.

There’ll be no need to sabotage a speed limiter until the 1990’s so we’re ok for a while yet in that regard. :smiling_imp: :wink: :laughing:

Going to Liverpool Canada and Husky docks and come away with more chalk marks on the front left tyre than its got tread
When the Wife says your going to Liverpool docks Monday will you try and be back by Thursday as I have anti natal clinic at 3.00pm
Bad back,the dolly slipped or the rope hook broke and I landed with a bump on my backside
104 Berth Southampton hoping your lucks in “heavies” Monday “Rail” Tuesday “lights” Wednesday "Rail"Thursday pot luck on Fridays no movement Saturday everybody tipped on Sunday regardless

James the cat:
What’s the best donkey jacket?

Which cafes have the best supply of bring and trade jazz mags?

Better than a donkey jacket, you need a London Transport jacket, it’s got the white leather cuff so people can see when you’re hand signalling. If you have to have a donkey, you can get them for the price of a pint off a bloke in the pub who drives for the council on the dust, or off the Irishman who sits at the bar weekends wearing a suit with concrete on it, only thing is it’ll say Wimpey, or McAlpine across the shoulders.

Here’s a post for you -where can I get a box of a dozen Wingard 10 x 6 glasses from, I’m on the London markets this week?
Bernard

Just tipped at Royal docks in London gonna nip over to transport cafe to see if gaffer has rung cafe and left a message on the message board to for me to contact our office
Yes! they have told me to ring Sammy Williams for return load for Liverpool
sammy Williams have asked what length are you and what is the drop on your Tarpaulin sheets? IE how wide.
Wish I’d picked up my drivers book for phone numbers of digs as I’ll only get as far as Birmingham tonight.

Was late getting my return load in Millwall, is the Salvation Army in Tooley Street
still doing B+B always plenty of parking spaces there,

I realise that these units are all the same make and model but does the gearbox H-pattern in this lorry go from right to left, left to right, or is it upside-down like the one I drove yesterday? Robert

Carryfast:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Or was it 26.

There’ll be no need to sabotage a speed limiter until the 1990’s so we’re ok for a while yet in that regard. :smiling_imp: :wink: :laughing:

When you took the speedo cable link out, it looked like a break on the tacho. :bulb:

Anybody got a spare fuel Sediment bowl !

im already loaded with 20 tons of steel plate on the floor of my fridge and now im being sent to load 20 tons of hanging beef…is that normal procedure? my boss said it would be fine. ps,im subbing for barney o shamrock road freight… :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:

Carryfast:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Or was it 26.

When you took the speedo cable link out, it looked like a break on the tacho. :bulb:

A rolling break, who’d have thought it.

Good motor this, I only had to drop 5 of my 8 gears to climb Shap…