Standard questions circa 40 years ago

Some scrote nicked the lenses of me trailer last, was outside Felixstowe/ Harwich/Immingham/Hull. What do I do to stop it happening again ?
(because driver’s have allways stuck together)

Can you draw a map for this job on my door in the dirt so I can check it later.

hardyd44:
anyone seen where the pipe I use to tighten my chain tensioners (sylvesters or snappers - depending on where you are from) landed ■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

Dwangs :bulb:

Trukkertone:

eddie snax:
Will I need my own 14mm spanner for the tailer brakes.

was it not 5/8th spanner ■■?

Whatever it was, where do I buy a fire extinguisher for when I wind the slack adjusters on too tight. :smiley:
Btw I thought it as 9/16 ths like the other lad.

robroy:

hardyd44:
anyone seen where the pipe I use to tighten my chain tensioners (sylvesters or snappers - depending on where you are from) landed ■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

Dwangs :bulb:

Wristers!

Which is better trailer hand brake, ratchet, or winding screw

These were only used on MOTs, just before the rusted cable was replaced. And when you got under a trailer that had lost all the air you would chase it backwards around the yard.

eddie snax:
Why do tilt trailer have a big space between the rear axles.

Ah the old spread axle trailers, strangely we named the toilets in France and Italy after them.

commonrail:

OVLOV JAY:
Anyone got any info on BRS?

That’s a good one.
Can anyone oblige?

Yes my pension from BRS/NFC/is now “owned” by DHL!!!
Anybody fluent in German?

robroy:

Trukkertone:

eddie snax:
Will I need my own 14mm spanner for the tailer brakes.

was it not 5/8th spanner ■■?

Whatever it was, where do I buy a fire extinguisher for when I wind the slack adjusters on too tight. :smiley:
Btw I thought it as 9/16 ths like the other lad.

Ha ha ! I think we all did some of that !

Just wondering, Dutch tilts, Netams were what seemed to be most frequent ones I pulled, did they use a metric size on the slack adjusters, hence why I think 14mm and others are sure it was a 9/16. Or as usual I bodged my way through with a 14mm when in fact I should have used a 9/16 ?

eddie snax:
Some scrote nicked the lenses of me trailer last, was outside Felixstowe/ Harwich/Immingham/Hull. What do I do to stop it happening again ?
(because driver’s have allways stuck together)

Can I thank Scott’s Bob for lending me his spare lenses. Told me to leave them at the Red Lodge(replace with any transport cafe) and pick em up from there next week. And that as they say is true, mmmm got to make you wonder !!

Ps sorry for replying to my own post !!

Driver to other driver “I can’t seem to move the trailer I just hooked up to” other driver says “you have turned all 3 taps on haven’t you !!”

bald bloke:
Driver to other driver “I can’t seem to move the trailer I just hooked up to” other driver says “you have turned all 3 taps on haven’t you !!”

Pulled an old Broshuis Trombone trailer that had dropped the air so it was free to move, forgot to turned the taps on when I hitched up, the first use of the brakes was exciting to say the least!! Unit brakes only at 38 tonne…

Only did that once!

arrive Liverpool dock’s.alright la will I get tipped this week or next week,proably next week drive. :smiley:

Do I really need to put the legs of the bed into my boots when sleeping in the dormitory at Bobs cafe on the A45?
Does a candle on the dashboard keep the frost off the inside of the screen?
Why does my Gardner engined lorry fill the lorry park with white smoke in the morning?
Can anyone tell me how to make the air driven wipers go faster on my 240 F88 ?
Someone told me that tying a bit of rag to the mirrors keeps the muck off them, is this true?
Are the police still doing speed checks at Copdock hill on the dirty dozen?

How much steel on the floor can I get away with if I’m carrying hanging meat

bald bloke:

:laughing: :laughing: Been there done that.

What the ■■■■ do I need a heated mirror for…

peirre:
How much steel on the floor can I get away with if I’m carrying hanging meat

20 ton…

What’s the best donkey jacket?

Which cafes have the best supply of bring and trade jazz mags?

Why don’t these zb charts fit in this zb Veeder Root tacho and how do I adjust the clock. :laughing:

What’s this third airline for? You know the blue one…

Ossie