Speeding

dieseldog999:
why don’t you just let her take the points for you as the registered keeper then?
unless she earns more than you and you fancy a spell as a house husband?
if it’s registered to her, and she just pays the fine it won’t turn into a murder enquiry.
surely she can’t remember if she was driving it at the time and place or where she was a few weeks ago?
they serve it in 12 days and you are deemed to have received it within 14 even though it’s not registered or signed for.
it doesn’t work that way when you send them mail and they say you didn’t send it though.
the pics from the cameras are generally poor quality, more so if it’s taken from the rear, they can basically never identify the driver, it’s just call my bluff time.

I didn’t think we were allowed to suggest breaking the law on here. The spelling and grammar police are no problem, but doing what you suggest can get you time at one of Her Maj’s guesthouses. Ask the MP for Peterborough.

Roymondo:

Rowley010:
Yes it would be up to you to prove you didn’t receive the NIP in the 14 days, but as long as you can you wouldn’t even need a lawyer. It’s black and white the law states it’s has to have been received within 14 days from the offence.

Er - No it does not! The law states that it must be “served” within 14 days, then goes on to give specific examples of circumstances when it might not actually be received but would still be regarded as having been served, and then further goes on to detail circumstances in which the NIP might not be served (or even sent) within 14 days and yet the conviction would still stand.

Post a link to a legitimate source that states all that please. Or are we talking exceptional circumstances? I think what I’ve said covers the normal cases. Not interested in any mr loophole style ■■■■■■■■ case law either, that’s irrelevant to most:

From Warwickshire police:

I didn’t receive the Notice within 14 days of the alleged offence is it invalid?
A:
A Notice of Intended Prosecution must be served on the vehicle’s DVLA registered keeper within 14 days after the date of the alleged offence. However there is an exemption if the Police cannot reasonably obtain the keeper’s details within that time, for example if the DVLA has no keeper details or they are incomplete. There is no deadline for the issuing of any subsequent Notices or S172 RTA 1988 requests to identify who was driving. The CEU sends all Notices by first class Royal Mail allowing 2 business days for delivery within the 14 day deadline. By law these Notices are considered served on the addressee. There is no requirement in law to use recorded delivery and it would be impractical for the CEU to do so due to the large number of Notices they issue. If you are the vehicle’s registered keeper you should have the V5C registration document in your name. Company vehicles are normally registered to the business or a leasing company.

See Roymondo. In normal circumstances the 14 day deadline stands.

In glad I’m one of the ones that stick to the speed limits religiously, I would get fed up having to deal with all this business, enough problems in life without all this.

Sure not long ago David Beckham got off a speeding charge. As Mr loop hole claimed the letter arrived a day late.
But because the letter wasnt sent registered post. No one could prove what day it arrived on his door step. So he get let off on a technicality.

edd1974:
Sure not long ago David Beckham got off a speeding charge. As Mr loop hole claimed the letter arrived a day late.
But because the letter wasnt sent registered post. No one could prove what day it arrived on his door step. So he get let off on a technicality.

news.sky.com/story/who-is-mr-lo … e-11510038

“David Beckham will not be prosecuted over a speeding charge after his lawyer, known as “Mr Loophole”, successfully fought the allegation on a technicality.”
“Mr Freeman also stated that the notice of intended prosecution arrived one day outside the 14-day limit and was therefore “defective”.”
"In his submission he told the court: “If the Crown can’t prove that the letter was sent by first-class post then the concept that it arrives in two working days goes out of the window.”

If I had half the money David beckham had, they could have my license with my blessings. I sure as hell would never drive another artic!

But in my current financial situation, I’m a little bit short of what I would need to retain the services of mr loophole! In fact, I couldn’t even afford mr bean :smiling_imp: