South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
Hi all,
Classic shot here,From 40 years ago.Allen Esposti and Jeff Wilden,Both real names in South Wales steel haulage,Standing in front of their stunning White Road Commander 2’s…

Good pic.

robthedog:

1 of the Owens Fodens was driven by Phil George when nearly new .
I think he was something to do with farming around the llanelli area.
The roadtrain was new to Clive Williams aka The Mouse. and he always opened the back sleeper curtains.
Dai

Just to remember the man who started this going, Dave the Renegade passed away 5 years ago today, RIP Dave.

altitude:
Just to remember the man who started this going, Dave the Renegade passed away 5 years ago today, RIP Dave.

Waw , cant believe it is that long ago!

R.I.P Dave , you are missed here.

EW car truck & bus:

altitude:

Good evening Gents,
John,How are you? Mate,Thanks for mentioning Dave on our thread.A great man taken far too soon.I saw a post on Facebook from Tracy.we had a few laughs over the years,All of us meeting up at Abergavenny,in Harry’s younger days,with the Peterbilt.
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:

altitude:

Good evening Gents,
John,How are you? Mate,Thanks for mentioning Dave on our thread.A great man taken far too soon.I saw a post on Facebook from Tracy.we had a few laughs over the years,All of us meeting up at Abergavenny,in Harry’s younger days,with the Peterbilt.
Regards Andrew.

R I P Dave, Regards Larry.PS Hi to Tracy I hope you are keeping well, And if you are doing any sponcer things let me know & I will sponser you, Take care & stay safe.

Hi Andrew, yeah all good here mate, hope all’s good with you. Hopefully see you around sometime this year, if Boris lets us. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

pete 359:

EW car truck & bus:

altitude:

Good evening Gents,
Regards Andrew.

Hiya,
RIP Dave mate gone but never forgotten.

Time fly’s it certainly does ! It doesn’t seem that long ago that I was bantering with Dave on TN so RIP Mate as I’m sure you will be up there in the Big Cafe having a good craic with a lot of the other Lads that are sadly no longer with us ! Also can I pass on kind regards to Tracy. Cheers Dennis.

Dave was a good man with plenty of knowledge without whose skill wouldn’t have started all these thread,s thanks must go to Andrew for taking Daves legacy on rip. Dave

Rosser AEC’s.

wales rosser aec ppg.PNG.jpg

DEANB:
Rosser AEC’s.

[attachment=6]wales rosser aec ppg.PNG[/attachment]

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the photo,Rosser’s of Pontlliw had their fleet working hard every day in and around South Wales. Though I personally,Can’t ever recall them in the Midlands or anywhere other than what we’d call,Local work? I’d be interested to hear more about that?

2 tidy looking GUYS there M8 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:

They’d be the latest euro6 systems m8.Big J is off to get a cyclists window in the passenger door next,Lol.

pete 359:

Lance Biscomb:

They’d be the latest euro6 systems m8.Big J is off to get a cyclists window in the passenger door next,Lol.

Think the extra exhaust system would strangle the 8 potter Gardners in them :laughing: :laughing:

pete 359:
“DEANB”

Rosser AEC’s.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the photo,Rosser’s of Pontlliw had their fleet working hard every day in and around South Wales. Though I personally,Can’t ever recall them in the Midlands or anywhere other than what we’d call,Local work? I’d be interested to hear more about that?

According to this article they only worked locally Andrew. :wink:

Click on twice to read.

smallcoal:
Dave was a good man with plenty of knowledge without whose skill wouldn’t have started all these thread,s thanks must go to Andrew for taking Daves legacy on rip. Dave

Well said John. Many thanks to Andrew for his stewardship here.
RIP Dave.

Hi paul john hope you are well I started a new job in ebbw vale scotts commercial this is me tipping in Middlesbrough

smallcoal:
Hi paul john hope you are well I started a new job in ebbw vale scotts commercial this is me tipping in Middlesbrough

Hi John. I read on the removals thread you had landed a new job. Sounded as if you needed a change from Clarke’s. Best wishes m8.
The contract I run recently changed from 6 days a week, Tuesday thru Sunday to 7 days. I had a part time guy who worked Sundays for me, but that meant I went from 5 to 6 days a week from November last year.
I finally, hired a female to run 4 on 4 off with me. It’s almost impossible to get anyone to work weekends regularly! This is my first weekend off for 5 months, so I am doing very well thanks.

Regards Paul.