South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Here Here, and the same from me in good old west of wales! apologies but I don’t have the ability to do a xmas card and all that BUT HAPPY XMAS TO ALL ON HERE, AND HERE’S HOPING FOR A BETTER 2020 .

EW

Paul John:
Hi all. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy, Prosperous New Year.
Thanks Andrew, and everyone who helps to make this thread so enjoyable.

Best wishes from Central Florida
Paul

Hi Paul John ,merry Xmas to your family from us over here in rainy wales :laughing: ,ps thanks for your message about my dad much appreciated :smiley:

2 pics of high st Aberavon 1st is boc wagon second a scammell tanker

image.jpeg

Cardiff Transport Man.

cardiffman.PNG

wales cardiff man psw.PNG

pete 359:

Paul John:
Hi all. Andrew you’re right about Transcons. There was something special about them.
Rowley, looking forward to seeing your Transcon, the Catnic ones always looked superb.
Andrew, Lewin Lewis’s Transcons always stood out, well presented but hard worked hard with Short Bros.
I met Lewin a few times, the last time at Gullivers’s in 1991 about a week before I emigrated. He had rented a 2035 Merc. Nice guy, he knew his business well.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,
Great to hear from Florida mate.As a child,I disliked Transcon’s,because J&M sold their F88’s to buy them,45 years later.I think they are the most innovative and well designed European truck that has ever been built,so far,during my lifetime.Lew Lewis is posting some great photos on Facebook.This is the latest project,it’s been our pleasure to be involved with,for the Rowland Ward Collection.Taken earlier today.

Hi all,
The story so far…

A1B8056C-F38B-44ED-81FB-EB8DA0DB6D27.jpeg

Hi all. Andrew, she is looking good. No doubt Rowly’s itching to get on the road and to a show.
Regards Paul

Mr Cooper ,having a ball :laughing: :laughing:

12 days of xmas sorry i met 10 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pete 359:

pete 359:

Paul John:
Hi all. Andrew you’re right about Transcons. There was something special about them.
Rowley, looking forward to seeing your Transcon, the Catnic ones always looked superb.
Andrew, Lewin Lewis’s Transcons always stood out, well presented but hard worked hard with Short Bros.
I met Lewin a few times, the last time at Gullivers’s in 1991 about a week before I emigrated. He had rented a 2035 Merc. Nice guy, he knew his business well.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,
Great to hear from Florida mate.As a child,I disliked Transcon’s,because J&M sold their F88’s to buy them,45 years later.I think they are the most innovative and well designed European truck that has ever been built,so far,during my lifetime.Lew Lewis is posting some great photos on Facebook.This is the latest project,it’s been our pleasure to be involved with,for the Rowland Ward Collection.Taken earlier today.

Hi all,
The story so far…

Looking good ,how many lorries you got now Mr Ward ?

Hi punchy Dan my collection are a lush 141 a143 scanias f89 and f16 Volvo’s the transcon and a 1973 tilt all made possible by many helpfull people and years of stress worth it yes regards rowleyç

I reckon this is a cracking pic. Taken in 1964 when the original Severn Bridge was being built.

Did they operate ferries large enough for trucks or was it just cars can anyone remember ?

NMP.

Dean B
Hi
Re: the photo of the Aust Ferry as far as I can remember it was cars only ( long time ago ! )
Crossed a few times as a kid to visit family in Bath with parents but mostly it was up to Gloucester and then the A46 to Stroud and on to Bath
Regards , Mr Steel

Brand new to Tony Petit and Donald Dennis
My late dad drove LTC 428P ,both motors were outbased in the smoke.
Remember like yesterday Dai page driving down Southwood road New Eltham to swap drivers.
Dai

A bit off topic, scrap sidings at Ebbw Vale.

Happy new year to all on TruckNet and your families :smiley:

Hi John, same to you, everyone here and all TNUK members.
Let’s hope for a happy, safe and prosperous 2020.

Working on the priority mail (parcels) side of the US mail has been hectic, along with traffic. Another few days and hopefully back to normal.

Hi all,
Happy new year to everyone on our thread.A few classic welsh motors here.I rotated the Monarch Transport Atki photo…

Hi all,
A few from BRS Bridgend depot here,all Courtesy of Mark Wilson,Taken when he worked there in 1979/80…

pete smith:

Thats a cracking pic Pete ! :smiley:

Heres another one of there Pacific’s.

wynns pacif.PNG