South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Same to you buzzer a certain mr ccper is doing a fabulous job painting my transcon you should get here day saturday best day and have a look I think you will have a shock regards rowly

My spelling is crap I ment mr andrew cooper regards rowly

My spelling is crap I ment mr andrew cooper regards rowly

Hi all. Andrew you’re right about Transcons. There was something special about them.
Rowley, looking forward to seeing your Transcon, the Catnic ones always looked superb.
Andrew, Lewin Lewis’s Transcons always stood out, well presented but hard worked hard with Short Bros.
I met Lewin a few times, the last time at Gullivers’s in 1991 about a week before I emigrated. He had rented a 2035 Merc. Nice guy, he knew his business well.

Regards Paul

Paul John:
Hi all. Andrew you’re right about Transcons. There was something special about them.
Rowley, looking forward to seeing your Transcon, the Catnic ones always looked superb.
Andrew, Lewin Lewis’s Transcons always stood out, well presented but hard worked hard with Short Bros.
I met Lewin a few times, the last time at Gullivers’s in 1991 about a week before I emigrated. He had rented a 2035 Merc. Nice guy, he knew his business well.

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,
Great to hear from Florida mate.As a child,I disliked Transcon’s,because J&M sold their F88’s to buy them,45 years later.I think they are the most innovative and well designed European truck that has ever been built,so far,during my lifetime.Lew Lewis is posting some great photos on Facebook.This is the latest project,it’s been our pleasure to be involved with,for the Rowland Ward Collection.Taken earlier today.

Hi all,
A couple of welsh BRS motors here.I think the ergomatic artic is parked at Swansea depot?

F0BC950A-F97D-4F07-8239-93E61217EBDA.jpeg

Hi all,
Here’s a pair for Rowly,Many years before she came to Caerphilly,The mighty 141 was on steel haulage in Immingham…

I love my 141 that much I’ve just had a big tatoo of it on my back 6 hours of hell and pain my mrs thinks I’ve lost it regards rowley

I love my 141 that much I’ve just had a big tatoo of it on my back 6 hours of hell and pain my mrs thinks I’ve lost it regards rowley

Hi all,
These two are for my old mate,Mrsteel.I bet you remember that SCOW Atki.J&M had SDW 903 when I was a kid,Arthur “The Big A” Underhill shunted for J&M with it back then.I remember the Metal Box Buffalo fleet,dreadful lorry imo…

9BF26D1D-F9CC-499C-A2CB-79E493ED46F7.jpeg

8183BC34-5533-48CC-84D9-0DDE82FE3825.jpeg

Hi all,
A few here from back in the day…

Hi all,I delivered an ibc of ad blue to Walters he kindly let me take photos ,he told me in April all this is going his yard has to be cleaned up there’s loads of bumpers and parts everywhere so should be some great photos to take on the clean up ,the foden got a cat living in it :laughing: :laughing:,merry xmas to all

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi all,I delivered an ibc of ad blue to Walters he kindly let me take photos ,he told me in April all this is going his yard has to be cleaned up there’s loads of bumpers and parts everywhere so should be some great photos to take on the clean up ,the foden got a cat living in it :laughing: :laughing:,merry xmas to all

Morning John,
Was that Rosser’s yard before Walters?
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all you South Wales lads, have a good 'un and stay lucky! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

smallcoal:

Morning John,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all you South Wales lads, have a good 'un and stay lucky! Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete,
Rosser’s former yard is across the road from were all of those remains are now. Houses were built on the site during the mid to late 90’s.
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

pete smith:

smallcoal:

Morning John,

Hi Pete,
Rosser’s former yard is across the road from were all of those remains are now. Houses were built on the site during the mid to late 90’s.
Regards Andrew.

Morning Andrew,
Thanks for the info, I was talking to a lad on Hirwaun Ind Est a while back and it was him that told me Walters Yard was Rossers at one time! Cheer’s Pete

Hi all,
Some great old photos here of the miners strike convoy,looks like they are on stop,east bound approaching Coryton.An awesome sight back then…

D4A05BC9-2618-4F26-9E0C-9B28F082F9E7.jpeg

N.M.P

pete 359:
Hi all,
Some great old photos here of the miners strike convoy,looks like they are on stop,east bound approaching Coryton.An awesome sight back then…

:smiley: :sunglasses:

Hi all. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy, Prosperous New Year.
Thanks Andrew, and everyone who helps to make this thread so enjoyable.

Best wishes from Central Florida
Paul