South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Over the weekend i had it 100% confirmed that Elwyn Trotman,s funeral was on the 19.9.19.
He owned Trotman transport in the 70,s running out of christies and a bit of Abbey work with black F86,s. etc.
Was on the Rockwool contract for a few years and went back owner driving with a ERF about 1993.
He was always business minded owning a cafe and having vehicles,caravans parked up on his premises and worked very hard.
Dai

scania81:
Over the weekend i had it 100% confirmed that Elwyn Trotman,s funeral was on the 19.9.19.
He owned Trotman transport in the 70,s running out of christies and a bit of Abbey work with black F86,s. etc.
Was on the Rockwool contract for a few years and went back owner driving with a ERF about 1993.
He was always business minded owning a cafe and having vehicles,caravans parked up on his premises and worked very hard.
Dai

Sorry to here the news of ELwyn Trotman a proper gentleman and a grafter will be sadly mist I had the pleasure to work with him at B R S sad news R I P , thanks Dai for sharing the news Alan

Hi all,
Sorry to hear of Elwyn Trotman passing away.Longpod I’ve pm’d you my mobile number.I am unsure about the address you mentioned? Here’s a few welsh motors in Dover.Courtesy of Trucks in Dover on Facebook…

DNC10087.jpg

CZC00143-09.jpg

Hi all,
Two great photos here,a rare imo shot of a Pontrilas Timber F88 and the legend that is Billy Thomas in his trusty F12…

B9B089F0-884A-4E78-B15B-E338718D46EC.jpeg

ECEECDE4-5539-4E8F-8135-0BEB01516E80.jpeg

Wynns Pacific’s.

DEANB:
Wynns Pacific’s.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the Wynns article.Dont think? We’ve seen these BRS images before? I think High Wycombe depot? and two welsh motors in full colour.

Hi all,
A pair here courtesy of Chris Richards.The B.E.Williams of Sennybridge photo is from 1988,this White Road commander 2,was one of a pair they ran,Powered by CAT,one was driven by Allen Esposti and this one was driven by Selwyn,known as Bartender.Afaiaa Selwyn later drove this ERF for Cardiff Transport.

14CA0DCB-1B81-4D15-AE5D-8460E0CB4D8C.jpeg

J270 was a day and night motor selwyn had a k reg 6 wheeler with Cardiff they would keep most of the 4 wheelers on day and night running that’s why I was on days starting with d75 then j23 ,then h912 when I went with carline my truck was h912 like history repeating it self till it died :smiley:

Hi all,
I found this image on Facebook,I’m guessing it’s a cropped Paul C.Gee shot?

One of entress loading in metal box neath anyone regonise the driver

image.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,

Not sure if that is one of Paul’s or Mark’s.

Funny you should mention that though Andrew. Paul told me this week he had seen alot of his pics that
had been posted on facebook and his name had been cropped off ! He was not impressed. :smiling_imp:

Some more of Entress.

A03862p.JPG

A03998p.JPG

2017-06-19 11.39.26.jpg

DEANB:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Not sure if that is one of Paul’s or Mark’s.

Funny you should mention that though Andrew. Paul told me this week he had seen alot of his pics that
had been posted on facebook and his name had been cropped off ! He was not impressed. :smiling_imp:

Some more of Entress.

Hi dean,I don’t blame Paul for being angry you lot have given us a lot of enjoyment with the pics why people do this is not fair let’s hope you don’t stop posting and keep up the good work

Hi all,
A few here,firstly,courtesy of Trucks In Dover.A T&R Philips 113 Scania and a Roadhouse MAN of Gerry Jones.Finally,Courtesy of the Parkhouse family in Devon,a Maldwyn Davies 290 F88…

Posted a clipping of this F88 before,but heres another.

72 volvo ailsa wales b phh.PNG

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the F88 photo,I think I read somewhere that Lewyn Lewis drove that truck,before starting L.C.Lewis Heavy Haulage? Noticed this earlier,What’s all this about Simon?

Hi Andrew,go on Rhys Davies website go on news give you all the story behind the take over

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the F88 photo,I think I read somewhere that Lewyn Lewis drove that truck,before starting L.C.Lewis Heavy Haulage? Noticed this earlier,What’s all this about Simon?

It’s been on the cards for a while, possibly two years, very little investment, certain things going on, one of the best General managers I’ve ever met left as he was very unhappy of the way the directors wanted him to do things he didn’t agree with, a very experienced and respectable man went his own way, someone benefited by employing him, love to know where he went. Secondly a manager who had been with RD since he was a boy, was ‘pushed’ out due again to the way they wanted the business to go, I could say more, but when I spoke to the traffic office today, even they were only made aware of it this week! Who knows, this could bring some very interesting business to South Wales given the company that’s taken over, lets hope so, as this once very respected and well based South Wales company go on to better things under the new management as the staff there do deserve better!

vanman99:

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,

It’s been on the cards for a while, possibly two years, very little investment, certain things going on, one of the best General managers I’ve ever met left as he was very unhappy of the way the directors wanted him to do things he didn’t agree with, a very experienced and respectable man went his own way, someone benefited by employing him, love to know where he went. Secondly a manager who had been with RD since he was a boy, was ‘pushed’ out due again to the way they wanted the business to go, I could say more, but when I spoke to the traffic office today, even they were only made aware of it this week! Who knows, this could bring some very interesting business to South Wales given the company that’s taken over, lets hope so, as this once very respected and well based South Wales company go on to better things under the new management as the staff there do deserve better!

Hi mate,
Thanks for that Simon.very long established business,I will always remember them on the welsh news years ago taking a load of welsh rugby fans to the game in Edinburgh with a box van and a 290 F88.
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

vanman99:

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,

Hi mate,
Thanks for that Simon.very long established business,I will always remember them on the welsh news years ago taking a load of welsh rugby fans to the game in Edinburgh with a box van and a 290 F88.
Regards Andrew.

Remember that well, they had a piano in the box as well, along with a bar - can you imagine trying to do that today!