South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

DEANB:
Old advert from 1964.

Neath Road Morriston Swansea later taken over by C V Sales who later moved over to Pyle .Found them to be a better Leyland garage than Fletchers of Swansea

Hi all,
A South Wales registered AEC from BRS and an earlier Albion tanker…

11566C54-959F-442D-853E-D865BC81B9B0.jpeg

2E1C51A2-36C8-44DB-9487-177B5A2DA435.jpeg

Hi all,
Not 100% sure if we’ve seen this picture on here all ready ? Courtesy of Bryndon Evans,from his father’s day’s driving for Swansea BRS.

Hi all,
One of the large British Steel fleet,taken many years ago now…

4910E4D2-E1CB-4446-A3F8-2678E55CF78B.jpg

British Steel.

wales bsc1.PNG

wales bsc (2).PNG

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi dean ,that marathon ended up in the abbey shunting with Ray a nice gent he was

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi dean ,that marathon ended up in the abbey shunting with Ray a nice gent he was

Morning john do you mean Ray Dyer liked a pint ended up in the main stores don’t know if he is still about . cheers Ian .

Ianto full pelt:

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Morning john do you mean Ray Dyer liked a pint ended up in the main stores don’t know if he is still about . cheers Ian .

Yes that’s him a nice bloke I will try and find out next time I deliver in there ,I remember him going in the stores we go in quite regularly will let you know cheers John

smallcoal:

Ianto full pelt:

smallcoal:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Yes that’s him a nice bloke I will try and find out next time I deliver in there ,I remember him going in the stores we go in quite regularly will let you know cheers John

Hi John , wouldn,t have thought so he would be about 75 now I remember poor old Ray had a fella commit suicide on the M4 he was trundling along in the inside lane and he walked right out into his path .

2 for Jakey,
Southsea Road Kingston upon Thames.
Always a 8am delivery but you had to be in the street by 07.15ish or you would not get in yard.
The advantage was a quick turnaround and a tea waiting.
Dai

IMG_3932.JPG

This is the 2nd picture

IMG_3927.JPG

Thanks Dai ,your photos of the Rockwool or Brs general haulage motors always make my day . :smiley:

My dad bought this new from fletchers swansea.it had a tl12 engine.

Hi all,
I had this picture kindly sent via a customer,who’s related to John Morgan,the M in J&M.Taken I’d say long before the days of health and safety.Looks to me like a SCOW Atki,possibly SDW 903,which J&M did buy,I first remember seeing it as a kid in the 70’s,known as “The Abbey shunter”,driven by the legend,Arthur “Big A” Underhill.I think? my father had his job at Jones Motors after Arthur left for pastures new. Everyone in South Wales road transport then, knew Arthur,a great man imo.R.I.P.

Hi all,
Courtesy of Colin Knapp,a Rosser’s Mandator…

7A391C36-F957-4486-9452-E0727007F08E.jpeg

daibootsy:

My dad bought this bedford tm from nelsons garage swansea.first sleeper cab with a detroit engine in south wales.

daibootsy:

Spent some time washing these as a kid lol for my dad.

pete 359:
Hi all,
I had this picture kindly sent via a customer,who’s related to John Morgan,the M in J&M.Taken I’d say long before the days of health and safety.Looks to me like a SCOW Atki,possibly SDW 903,which J&M did buy,I first remember seeing it as a kid in the 70’s,known as “The Abbey shunter”,driven by the legend,Arthur “Big A” Underhill.I think? my father had his job at Jones Motors after Arthur left for pastures new. Everyone in South Wales road transport then, knew Arthur,a great man imo.R.I.P.

Hi Andrew,is he Ian underhills old man Ian worked for j&m and then prothroes,here’s Ian next to the truck

Morning All,
Whilst on a Transcon theme, here is November’s offering of the Daf calender, Cheer’s Pete

IMG_20181123_055059.jpg

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hello Andrew . I remember seeing the big A heading towards Porthcawl on his mobility scooter ! some years ago .