South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
Hi all,
I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen this GUY image on here before? I remember going to Tony Morganā€™s yard in the 1970ā€™s.The first time I ever went there,he was converting,maybe? this actual Guy from a rigid to an artic unit.Tony later went onto run some very big heavy haulage gearā€¦

It would have been hard going with all that power! I bet the driver welcomed that Marathon Morgans ran with open arms!

smallcoal:
One for mr ward this is in gilders bourton on the water cheers John

Morning John,
Never knew you came that far up from Bridgend, surely Oldbury depot is closer?

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,
I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen this GUY image on here before? I remember going to Tony Morganā€™s yard in the 1970ā€™s.The first time I ever went there,he was converting,maybe? this actual Guy from a rigid to an artic unit.Tony later went onto run some very big heavy haulage gearā€¦

It would have been hard going with all that power! I bet the driver welcomed that Marathon Morgans ran with open arms!

Hi Pete,
Afaiaa,Tonyā€™s Marathon was his first big heavy haulage motor,He did run a double drive MK1 Atki prior to the Leyland thoughā€¦
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Pete,
Afaiaa,Tonyā€™s Marathon was his first big heavy haulage motor,He did run a double drive MK1 Atki prior to the Leyland thoughā€¦
Regards Andrew.

Thank you Andrew for the info,

pete smith:

smallcoal:

Morning John,

Yes we do the Forest of Dean glos,Cheltenham and all the Cotswolds ,we took it of old bury years ago I donā€™t know why though ,we pick up from mecwash in Tewkesbury ind est and old bury deliver in but wonā€™t pick up even though may be stuff for old bury depot itā€™s taken to Bridgend then trucked up to Birmingham :question: :unamused:

pete 359:

Blast from the past there Andrew, South Wales sand and gravelā€¦that truck mainly delivered breeze blocks canā€™t remember if they produced the blocks them selfs or they bought them in.

5B7DDCFA-4D34-43CE-9A7F-6AE615129EB9.jpg

smallcoal:

pete smith:

smallcoal:

Morning John,

Yes we do the Forest of Dean glos,Cheltenham and all the Cotswolds ,we took it of old bury years ago I donā€™t know why though ,we pick up from mecwash in Tewkesbury ind est and old bury deliver in but wonā€™t pick up even though may be stuff for old bury depot itā€™s taken to Bridgend then trucked up to Birmingham :question: :unamused:

Morning John,
Yes thinking about it the farthest I went down the M5 for Oldbury was Worcester and I think one of the 7.5 tonners used to do Malvern, Cheerā€™s Pete

Good morning Pete,
Iā€™ve pmā€™d you mate.
Regards Andrew.

Hi Andrew,I showed that Norman roadways to cliff he couldnā€™t believe it when he saw the pic how young he was :laughing: :laughing: cheers John

Cant remember if i popped this one on before from 1979.

wales1979 psw.PNG

Last month i posted a few of Maldwyn Davies motors and just learnt that he passed away on the 26th of May.
Dai

IMG_3939.JPG

Thatā€™s very sad news, RIP Maldwyn.

Hi all,
Around six months ago,a plan was hatched for a road run in memory of our dear friend Kelvin Powell who sadly lost his brave fight against leukaemia almost a year ago.So a number of us met at shifnal Shropshire last Friday night.After a proper breakfast at The Lazy Trout on Saturday we had a great run down the A49 to Leominster,then onto Hay On Wye and The Brecon Beacons.Saturday nights parking was at The High Tide Inn On Porthcawl seafront.An Excellent weekend in memory of a true proper mate,R.i.p. Kelv.

AB752241-49E1-4BC8-9623-06CCD3FB79B5.jpeg

82E4CEEF-3B59-4F59-BC96-9C9906F9A4D0.jpeg

Hi Andrew,have you recovered yet as your missus said you were fragile :slight_smile: happy birthday for tomorrow mate John

pete 359:
Hi all,
Around six months ago,a plan was hatched for a road run in memory of our dear friend Kelvin Powell who sadly lost his brave fight against leukaemia almost a year ago.So a number of us met at shifnal Shropshire last Friday night.After a proper breakfast at The Lazy Trout on Saturday we had a great run down the A49 to Leominster,then onto Hay On Wye and The Brecon Beacons.Saturday nights parking was at The High Tide Inn On Porthcawl seafront.An Excellent weekend in memory of a true proper mate,R.i.p. Kelv.

A nice turn out Andrew for a good cause, I hope you finished all of your breakfast off at the Lazy Trout, it nearly beat me last time I went there!

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,

A nice turn out Andrew for a good cause, I hope you finished all of your breakfast off at the Lazy Trout, it nearly beat me last time I went there!

Hi Pete,
Thanks we had a great time.Based on the last few times Iā€™ve visited The Lazy Trout,it is a spotlessly clean top draw cafe.A real use it or loose it place these days mate,as Iā€™m sure your aware.Really enjoying your M54 photos by the way.
Here courtesy of my old friend David Beer,a lovely period photo of his Transcon,subbing to J&M,parked in Zeebrugge.

pete 359:

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Pete,
Thanks we had a great time.Based on the last few times Iā€™ve visited The Lazy Trout,it is a spotlessly clean top draw cafe.A real use it or loose it place these days mate,as Iā€™m sure your aware.Really enjoying your M54 photos by the way.
Here courtesy of my old friend David Beer,a lovely period photo of his Transcon,subbing to J&M,parked in Zeebrugge.

Morning Andrew,
It looks like you and the lads have had a good run round and a fitting memory to Kelvin, it is a pity they never transferred Roger to a station like Hereford for a while, you would have had loads of South Wales pictures then!
What has happened to your partner in crime? Steelboy F10 of FL10 now!! Cheerā€™s Pete

pete smith:

pete 359:

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Pete,

Morning Andrew,
It looks like you and the lads have had a good run round and a fitting memory to Kelvin, it is a pity they never transferred Roger to a station like Hereford for a while, you would have had loads of South Wales pictures then!
What has happened to your partner in crime? Steelboy F10 of FL10 now!! Cheerā€™s Pete

Hi Pete,
Steelboy f10 couldnā€™t make it last weekend,because of a prior commitment.funnily enough though,I am meeting him tomorrowā€¦

Morning Andrew,
That Roadtrain has a Staffordshire reg number, I wonder who ran her first?
Please pass on my regards to Steelboy and get him back on here, some North Wales stuff coming up on Rogers thread! Cheerā€™s Pete