South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Bewick:
Well Lads here goes and no laughing !

Dydd GWyl Dewi Hapus

All the best for St. Davids day ! that’s if you are sober of course ! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Dennis

Diolch Yn Fawr… :smiley: :laughing:

E.W.

Nolan recycling stormy

image.jpeg

Hi all,
Other than stating the obvious,I have no other information relating to these two images.

Hi all,
This looks like a D.J.Thomas MAN?.A firm sadly no longer with us.I have painted many trucks for them in days gone by,though I never knew they had tilt’s■■?

D J Thomas Llanarth used to run to Italy with animal skins for Chetwynd of Mydroilyn nr.Llanarth.

Pete359,

Didn’t realise that D.J.Thomas Llanarth were no longer operating! :cry: last time i enquired on here a few years ago after passing their depot and seeing it empty i was told they had re-located to somewhere, cant remember where though! :unamused:

Shame to learn they are no longer in BUSINESS though.

E.W.

EW car truck & bus:
Pete359,

Didn’t realise that D.J.Thomas Llanarth were no longer operating! :cry: last time i enquired on here a few years ago after passing their depot and seeing it empty i was told they had re-located to somewhere, cant remember where though! :unamused:

E.W.

They were based in volac ffelinfach they loaded out of there daily we used to go regular to volac to tip and collect cheers John

EW car truck & bus:
Pete359,

E.W.

Hi EW,
They were a very old established firm.Been finished a good few years now.i once visited,a long time ago,a yard they had out near the coast,a real graveyard of old 86,s and a couple of F88’s.They were running MAN F8’s then.
Regards Andrew.

Some d j Thomas the old man was a shunter in volac

CE 52 HEJ.jpg

pete 359:

Hi mate, have you had any trouble with your sat nav mine keeps saying error and won’t let me upgrade Hannah just tried still no joy john

smallcoal:

pete 359:

Hi mate, have you had any trouble with your sat nav mine keeps saying error and won’t let me upgrade Hannah just tried still no joy john

Sat nav? I haven’t got one■■?

pete 359:

smallcoal:

pete 359:

Sat nav? I haven’t got one■■?

Thought you said you got a truck one

smallcoal:

pete 359:

Hi John…is your Sat Nav a TomTom mate.
Because a couple of lads I know have had problems with the life time update one’s …TomTom have stopped updating certain models …they sent some of the lads I know emails stating this mate ?

Regards Mark

marktaff:

smallcoal:

pete 359:

Because a couple of lads I know have had problems with the life time update one’s …TomTom have stopped updating certain models …they sent some of the lads I know emails stating this mate ?

Regards Mark

Hi mark no it’s a Nova tech I bought on e bay lots of people complaining about them it was ok but it says error on main thread and won’t update

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:

pete 359:

Regards Mark

Hi mark no it’s a Nova tech I bought on e bay lots of people complaining about them it was ok but it says error on main thread and won’t update

I think one of the boys with us have got a Nova…isn’t there a hot line you can speak to …I know he does ?

Hi mark have checked no contacts for it at all I put it in the draw got my trusty car Tom Tom out now :laughing: you out and about which one do you drive