South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

marktaff:
[attachment=

0]201711

_131253.jpg[/attachment]

Remember driving one of these as an agency driver for Fox the movers, Cwmbran, whilst driving along the M5 I looked down and the wheel arch inside the track where the body ‘meets’ the chassis, the amount of movement was rather alarming, at least four to five inches back and forth, was glad to return the vehicle with thanks, but I wont be back, I was delivering insulation from the works at New Inn, good size van for that type of work, but ■■■■ I itched for days after!

vanman99:

marktaff:
[attachment=

0]201711

_131253.jpg[/attachment]

Remember driving one of these as an agency driver for Fox the movers, Cwmbran, whilst driving along the M5 I looked down and the wheel arch inside the track where the body ‘meets’ the chassis, the amount of movement was rather alarming, at least four to five inches back and forth, was glad to return the vehicle with thanks, but I wont be back, I was delivering insulation from the works at New Inn, good size van for that type of work, but ■■■■ I itched for days after!

Hi vanman…Yes they were very wide cab… designed to meet the width of the body work…designed for sleeping back in the day…as you say the front wings were extended further out over the front wheels…always felt the cab doors were miles away …the pic of the one I’ve posted was an Abrahams Integral. …the ones Fox mostly ran were Vanplan Integrals…but a very wide cab back in the day.

Hi all,
A pair of John Evans of Llanelli photos here,courtesy of Chris Richards…

rward:
Hi Paul talk about hitting bridges 30 years ago jobs coming up night trunk to Canary Wharf piece of ■■■■ I went to see director my mate said Ken give that job to my best mate il do a week knights to show him the ropes ok he said you will get me hung start 4 weeks as I went through the door I said hope he passes his test he went mad so thankfully he passed with the heads of the valley training school so he came every night with me and I said never come up the Thames embankment with a topped trailer coz we got high guards 5 night do change over at wharf topped trailer coming back it had been damaged guard hit over i thought il get under bridges on embankment instead of going around bang smash wallop got away with it he still takes the ■■■■ to this day a bit of useless info regards rowly

Hi Rowly, that Friday afternoon I took a different route checking out the talent. Getting ready for a weekend of fun! Learned my lesson.
I stuck to the designated routes after that. We used to service many furniture and other special garment vans. The BBCs outside broadcast motors were fun to put through their paces. Can’t imagine what its like these days traffic wise running up and down the N.Circular or A40, let alone into the City.

Regards Paul

Hi all,
A hard worked fully freighted Transcon,in W.F.Hall,s yard.Courtesy again of Chris Richards…

JB1977:

HOLHAN34:
does anyone know what happened to Ioan Rees transport of pontypridd I worked with Ioan when he was an apprentice at griffin mill,the old volvo dealership and later at jeff cadwalladers tipper fleet in cilfynydd, but have not seen or heard of him since about 1990!

hiya mate,if its the same ioan who used to run transcons and f88s then he,s still alive and well,i was talking to him back last year. theres a pic of one of his old f88s on this thread somewhere.

hia i am looking for a photo of my dads lorry/lorries. could you direct me to the photo, please?

The Davies Pencader photo is one of my photos.

IOAN REES TRANSPORT:

JB1977:

HOLHAN34:
does anyone know what happened to Ioan Rees transport of pontypridd I worked with Ioan when he was an apprentice at griffin mill,the old volvo dealership and later at jeff cadwalladers tipper fleet in cilfynydd, but have not seen or heard of him since about 1990!

hiya mate,if its the same ioan who used to run transcons and f88s then he,s still alive and well,i was talking to him back last year. theres a pic of one of his old f88s on this thread somewhere.

hia i am looking for a photo of my dads lorry/lorries. could you direct me to the photo, please?

Hi.

Is your father still living in Church Village?

ron weatherall:
The Davies Pencader photo is one of my photos.

Hi Ron,
Thanks for that.I will always credit the source,if known to me ? In this instance it was as i said, Google.
Kind regards Andrew.

Ianto full pelt:

bridgend:

pete 359:
Ok so I know it’s an ex Wincanton ERF.Though I can’t think where I know Rom River from?

Pete 359 the erf is Newport brs contract pulling reinforcing bars out of rogerstone all the best alan

How are you alan are in Scotland now ?

Hello Ian keeping well living in Forfar now but I don’t have Internet been catching up on here I am in benidorme for three weeks back to Scotland next Tuesday, is everything going well with you Ian nice to here from you all the best Alan

Welsh International. (1974)

Click on page once to read.

DEANB:
Welsh International. (1974)

Click on page once to read.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the article.i was on Penarth Road in Cardiff last Saturday,collecting a new Scania from Keltruck.Many years ago,there were a lot of haulage firms based on and around that part of Our capital.From just around the coast to Sully and based at the old Valley Carriers depot,a hard worked Wincanton Guy big j.

Well Lads here goes and no laughing !

Dydd GWyl Dewi Hapus

All the best for St. Davids day ! that’s if you are sober of course ! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Well Lads here goes and no laughing !

Dydd GWyl Dewi Hapus

All the best for St. Davids day ! that’s if you are sober of course ! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the welsh language greeting.i’m impressed.

Page 666…you Devil! :imp: :imp: :imp:

Oh we do like to be beside the sea side…

like most of you, snowed in, work all done…reviewing what will be doing in the summer with the toy trucks!

moody motor

IMG_2609.JPG

steelboyf10:
Oh we do like to be beside the sea side…

like most of you, snowed in, work all done…reviewing what will be doing in the summer with the toy trucks!

Hello m8,
Correct on all counts,as usual.was discussing plans with our Geordie mate only last night.
Regards Andrew.