South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
I think the green 142 was owned by Chris Daniel from Banbury.very smart motor then!

Some good pics Andrew , my uncle didn’t have the mesh on ,the flying pickets smashed his lights ,the next morning he smashed all their car windscreens :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

pete 359:
I think the green 142 was owned by Chris Daniel from Banbury.very smart motor then!

Some good pics Andrew , my uncle didn’t have the mesh on ,the flying pickets smashed his lights ,the next morning he smashed all their car windscreens :laughing:

hi Dan,
I remember that dispute very well.was always a heavy police presence outside the abbey back then.I think this Transcon belonged to an Abertawe Transport subbie? I remember them with the number plates in the windows saying Tawe Blend.

smallcoal:
This is mine Dan the only one done up

Eyeball John looking good ,I nearly stopped by mr c for a brew but as ever no time to spare ! :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

smallcoal:
This is mine Dan the only one done up

Eyeball John looking good ,I nearly stopped by mr c for a brew but as ever no time to spare ! :laughing:

Hi mate yes did eyeball you I was on way back to yard what was you carrying as I didn’t see properly only the sheet

25 ton bags waste m8

Punchy Dan:
25 ton bags waste m8

Tidy how far you get back

Upton upon Severn tonite , it’s a fair trek from Hirwaun island to ferndale shooting club mast site ,plenty of hair pins :frowning: :frowning: then to premier cement Swansea ,then on to camarthen next to wynnstay .

Punchy Dan:
Upton upon Severn tonite , it’s a fair trek from Hirwaun island to ferndale shooting club mast site ,plenty of hair pins :frowning: :frowning: then to premier cement Swansea ,then on to camarthen next to wynnstay .

Couple of pints should keep you sane :smiley:

:wink:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Couple of pints should keep you sane :smiley:

Hi all,
A couple here courtesy of trucknet member Komatsu 450.Humphrey’s engineering from llanharry heading to the arctic circle in B series ERF’s…

Hi all ,these pipes are going up to Hinckley point every day they coming in from abroad ,also 2 pics taken on Barry dock the ford d series with box trailer and ex road line box van cheers John

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I’m sure-ish? that the registration on this old warhorse of an AEC IS GCY? If it is? Then its a welsh BRS motor,seen at high wycombe depot…

Hi all,
A couple of J.R. FL10’s…

pete 359:
I’m sure-ish? that the registration on this old warhorse of an AEC IS GCY? If it is? Then its a welsh BRS motor,seen at high wycombe depot…

Correct there Andrew,Ebbw Vale motor at High Wycombe.
The driver in front of the FL10 looks to me like Bill Quinn,i ran with him a lot.
He liked being routed to Tonbridge,Maidstone etc to see his daughter.
Dai

Hi all,
A wise man once told me,“every day is a school day”.The Paul C.Gee collection continually reminds me of that.In all my 52 years of loving lorries and living in south wales,i can never recall seeing or hearing of,LLanelli Carriers.

llan.jpg

Here is former Joint Motorways driver,Mike Harris leaving the Port Talbot docks yard.

Image.jpg

smallcoal:
Hi all ,these pipes are going up to Hinckley point every day they coming in from abroad ,also 2 pics taken on Barry dock the ford d series with box trailer and ex road line box van cheers John

Hi John

I take it them pipes are concrete, a sign of the times when they could have been made in Pontyclun at one time.

Clive.

pete 359:
Hi all,
A couple here courtesy of trucknet member Komatsu 450.Humphrey’s engineering from llanharry heading to the arctic circle in B series ERF’s…

Hi Andrew.

A friend of mine worked for humphreys at one time his name is Garry Prosser he worked various parts of the globe with them.

Clive.

ANDREWDAX:

smallcoal:

Hi John

I take it them pipes are concrete, a sign of the times when they could have been made in Pontyclun at one time.

Clive.

Hi Clive ,yes they are concrete ,the pontyclun site is no more ,a lot of material in Hinckley point c is brought in from abroad ,I pump off the admixture for hansons internal batching plant they got 5 batching plants on site cheers John

Hi all,
West wales based Peter Harding have just purchased their 50th lorry,a terrific achievment and sadly these days,a fairly rare occurance…