South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

DEANB:

pete 359:

DEANB:
Andrew,heres the pic of Argosy transport.

Hi Dean,
Many thanks for sharing that Argosy photo.here is a brand new Scania we did recently,for Geoff evans and sons from near Pencoed.
Regards andrew.

No worries Andrew, heres one of T.D. Williams.

Thats a great photo of the Micthlelotti cabbed Scammell, I drove a one in the early 70s when I worked for F.Short & Sons in Newcastle a great old motor IMO, The good old days IMO, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Hi all,
Had I not witnessed it myself,then I probably would never have believed it? Seen yesterday outside the main offices in The Abbey or TaTa port talbot as it’s now known.This German registered Kenworth.

pete 359:
Hi all,
Had I not witnessed it myself,then I probably would never have believed it? Seen yesterday outside the main offices in The Abbey or TaTa port talbot as it’s now known.This German registered Kenworth.

Cracker what turns up sometimes ! :laughing: :smiley:

A couple of Davies Crusaders.

A00001.JPG

A00002.JPG

DEANB:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Cracker what turns up sometimes ! :laughing: :smiley:

A couple of Davies Crusaders.

Hi dean,
Thanks for sharing theses Welsh related images on here,I hope you received my pm reply?
Regards andrew.

pete 359:
Hi all,

kw abbey.jpg

Hi all,
Very sorry to inform you all,that my very good friend kelvin Powell has passed away,after a typically brave fight against leukaemia.when I first met kelvin he was a driver with A.S. Griffiths in Bridgend.years later during 1994 he and his loving wife Sandra started Kelsan Transport.Years after that he became a member on here,known as pERFection 14.Kelvin Myself and several other members on here went on many trips abroad fuelled by the local beer and our mutual love of trucks. Happy memories of trips to Malta,Crete,Belgium,France,Switzerland and all over the uk.Kelvin was also the father to two beautiful daughters.A very hard working driver,businessman,husband,father and grandfather.R.I.P. “Powell” mate…

pete 359:
Hi all,
Very sorry to inform you all,that my very good friend kelvin Powell has passed away,after a typically brave fight against leukaemia.when I first met kelvin he was a driver with A.S. Griffiths in Bridgend.years later during 1994 he and his loving wife Sandra started Kelsan Transport.Years after that he became a member on here,known as pERFection 14.Myself and several other members on here went on many trips abroad fuelled by the local beer and our mutual love of trucks. Happy memories of trips to Malta,Crete,Belgium,France,Switzerland and all over the uk.Kelvin was also the father to two beautiful daughters.A very hard working driver,businessman,husband,father and grandfather.R.I.P. “Powell” mate…

Sorry to hear that Andrew. I did not know Kelvin, RIP and condolences to his family.

Sad news, R.I.P. Kelvin, and deepest condolences to his family.

E.W.

pete 359:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Not outside the main offices more like outside the central engineering workshops by the way the driver was American .

Ianto full pelt:

pete 359:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Not outside the main offices more like outside the central engineering workshops by the way the driver was American .

Hi.
When I saw that KW,it was parked outside the main offices,I know this,because I saw it.the second photo shows it at another location within the abbey.
Regards andrew.

Hi Andrew sad news mate I didn’t know till mam in law told me earlier I was behind his truck last week on m4 by Bristol RIP to him and condolences to his family cheers John

image.jpeg

Well andrew wat can I say I new kelvin for many many years first met on the furniture Neviline I think with Brian King I was on catnic we used to park up island cafe east lancs 580 couple of pints in lowton labour club always great fun he went on to do other jobs then his own buissness transport of course a true credit and professinal to the industry I didn’t see him often but then I did he helped me out a few times took my transcontinental to the shows wat a terrible loss to Sandra and the family my regards rowly ward

Caswell’s borderer.

A00508.JPG

pete 359:
Hi all,
Very sorry to inform you all,that my very good friend kelvin Powell has passed away,after a typically brave fight against leukaemia.when I first met kelvin he was a driver with A.S. Griffiths in Bridgend.years later during 1994 he and his loving wife Sandra started Kelsan Transport.Years after that he became a member on here,known as pERFection 14.Kelvin Myself and several other members on here went on many trips abroad fuelled by the local beer and our mutual love of trucks. Happy memories of trips to Malta,Crete,Belgium,France,Switzerland and all over the uk.Kelvin was also the father to two beautiful daughters.A very hard working driver,businessman,husband,father and grandfather.R.I.P. “Powell” mate…

My deepest sympathy to all who knew Kevin, especially his family. We don’t die on Trucknet - We wait for the rest in that big Mocamp in the sky. Jim.

pete 359:
Hi all,

My deepest sympathy to all who knew Kelvin, especially his family. We don’t die on Trucknet - We wait for the rest in that big Mocamp in the sky. Jim.

RIP Kelvin, sad loss, a true gent.

RIP Kelvin. Condolences to his family.

Paul

I believe this motor was once operated by a South Wales haulier, 2nd owner after Porky? It has been brought back to the Midlands and will join another 3 ERF’s in the collection!

pete smith:
I believe this motor was once operated by a South Wales haulier, 2nd owner after Porky? It has been brought back to the Midlands and will join another 3 ERF’s in the collection!

Hi Pete it was owned by trucknetuk member ec14 cheers John

smallcoal:

pete smith:

Hi Pete it was owned by trucknetuk member ec14 cheers John

Thanks for that John, I could vaguely remember a mention of it on this thread! Cheer’s Pete