South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Percy Vaughan, sadly no longer with us. He had a few 6 wheelers at his peak, based in Merlin’s Bridge Haverfordwest, but he wound it a good few years back. Percy’s son William still drives on the oil out of the Milford Murco Refinery for Total Butler last thing I heard. William used to drive for John Williams of Haverfordwest, and somewhere on this thread I posted a late 90s pic of a John Williams ERF EC14 pulling a milk tanker - at the time of the photo it was Willy Vaughan’s regular mount and one of three ECs which I took up the road most weekends. Small world :slight_smile: .

pete 359:

Ex TNT Thermalite contract motor fleet number 3162, was based in Newbury and maintained in the workshop at Milton park.

Hi all,
A big thanks to Lyndon belt from pembleton for sharing dozens of images of his family’s firm that I remember so well.lyndon’s father is David belt who’s brown and cream motors were once a very familiar sight.before all of that Lyndon’s grand father Bernard belt had cattle lorries.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D.DAVID Tondu.

untitled.png

daibootsy:
D.DAVID Tondu.

daibootsy good photo of the D DAVID I did a lot of work for them out paper mill. never went to there yard I always thought it was by railway bridge on bridge end maestig rd.

image.jpg

pete 359:

Cracking picture - just like the one I put on Flickr on 18 April!

CTR3:

pete 359:

Hi ctr3,
Thanks for your comment.sorry to cause a problem.i always try to credit my picture source.now and again,problems can occur amongst my two computers and iPad with over 200,000 truck images on them.if you pm me the details of the image? I will remove it.i have never (despite being accused several times in the past) lifted any flickr images and posted them on here or anywhere else.
Regards andrew.

image.jpg

image.jpg

pete 359:

CTR3:

pete 359:

Hi ctr3,
Thanks for your comment.sorry to cause a problem.i always try to credit my picture source.now and again,problems can occur amongst my two computers and iPad with over 200,000 truck images on them.if you pm me the details of the image? I will remove it.i have never (despite being accused several times in the past) lifted any flickr images and posted them on here or anywhere else.
Regards andrew.

Evening Andrew
The use of the photo is not a problem - I am pleased to think my photos are worth showing here as I get much enjoyment out of the pictures and history on this site. If you wish to credit it my Flickr site is under “chris.farnah’s photostream”.
Keep up the good work you are doing here
All the best
Chris Richards

CTR3:

pete 359:

CTR3:

pete 359:

Hi ctr3,
Regards andrew.

Evening Andrew
The use of the photo is not a problem - I am pleased to think my photos are worth showing here as I get much enjoyment out of the pictures and history on this site. If you wish to credit it my Flickr site is under “chris.farnah’s photostream”.
All the best
Chris Richards

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that.which image do you refer to please? The trucknet photo uploader doesn’t show the image I need to credit.

image.jpg

pete 359:

CTR3:

pete 359:

CTR3:

pete 359:

Hi ctr3,
Regards andrew.

Evening Andrew
All the best
Chris Richards

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that.which image do you refer to please? The trucknet photo uploader doesn’t show the image I need to credit.

Hello again
The photo is of Percy Vaughan’s Leyland Constructor C840CDE which you added on Monday 21/4 at 11.12pm
Hope this helps. It took me a while to sort out how to put stuff on Flickr. Have not had the courage to try adding to this site yet!
Thanks Chris

CTR3:

pete 359:

CTR3:

pete 359:

CTR3:

pete 359:

Hi ctr3,
Regards andrew.

Evening Andrew
All the best
Chris Richards

Hi Chris,

Hello again
The photo is of Percy Vaughan’s Leyland Constructor C840CDE which you added on Monday 21/4 at 11.12pm
Hope this helps. It took me a while to sort out how to put stuff on Flickr. Have not had the courage to try adding to this site yet!
Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,
I eventually found your flickr pages via google.i am astonished
:exclamation: at the South Wales pictures on there.sixteen pages of pure bliss IMHO.thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Andrew & Chris,
I took the liberty of enlarging the pic’s. I drove a Seddon 13/4 16 tonner in 1970 for a while.
Cheers Dave.