Social Anxiety Woes - dipping the toe in again

robroy:

metrorider:

Freight Dog:
Just a thought, what about working nights? Prob is, any job in driving, you’re going to come across people. Don’t know what to suggest really. Is it large groups of people you’re looking to avoid or just face to face with anyone? Maybe the best thing for you is something like nights where not many people around and just a few sleepy warehouse workers to get back in the groove. You know who it’s like though, you’ll always meet some nob heads in transport, especially warehouses so you have to be braced for that. Could be a good thing though for getting back out there.

I’m no ■■■■■■-analyst-matrician though and it shows :laughing:

The best way for me to overcome my issues, or rather find a way to manage them is to confront them head on. However, the more you do push yourself out there the more depressed it seems to make me. A personality disorder really [zb] up your life in all areas, but you just try and deal with it.

I know to some I am coming across a bit crass on this, but that was part of my point.
I drive a truck I aint a psychiatrist, so maybe my views are admittedlly simplistic.
The benefits you receive give you the option of not HAVING to confront these issues head on, which as you point out is the best way of dealing with it.
If you HAD to through lack of income, would you not stand a better chance of overcoming things.

In some ways I agree with you to a point. Yes, having less money is and is forcing myself and others to get back into work. The trouble is the way it’s being done by government is also forcing people to take their own lives as they are having much needed support taken away from them.
It’s sadly not reported as the media aren’t interested :confused:

metrorider:

robroy:

metrorider:

Freight Dog:
Just a thought, what about working nights? Prob is, any job in driving, you’re going to come across people. Don’t know what to suggest really. Is it large groups of people you’re looking to avoid or just face to face with anyone? Maybe the best thing for you is something like nights where not many people around and just a few sleepy warehouse workers to get back in the groove. You know who it’s like though, you’ll always meet some nob heads in transport, especially warehouses so you have to be braced for that. Could be a good thing though for getting back out there.

I’m no ■■■■■■-analyst-matrician though and it shows :laughing:

The best way for me to overcome my issues, or rather find a way to manage them is to confront them head on. However, the more you do push yourself out there the more depressed it seems to make me. A personality disorder really [zb] up your life in all areas, but you just try and deal with it.

I know to some I am coming across a bit crass on this, but that was part of my point.
I drive a truck I aint a psychiatrist, so maybe my views are admittedlly simplistic.
The benefits you receive give you the option of not HAVING to confront these issues head on, which as you point out is the best way of dealing with it.
If you HAD to through lack of income, would you not stand a better chance of overcoming things.

In some ways I agree with you to a point. Yes, having less money is and is forcing myself and others to get back into work. The trouble is the way it’s being done by government is also forcing people to take their own lives as they are having much needed support taken away from them.
It’s sadly not reported as the media aren’t interested :confused:

Yeh, well that’s the reason I would never get a job with The Samaritans.
As I said I’m not the most sympathetic huggy touchy feely type, feeling sorry for those who feel sorry for themselves, and I would be telling everybody on the other end of the phone to pull themselves together, and give themselves a shake, as that is the way I was brought up myself.

On the other hand I do have admiration for those who face up to things and try and help themselves, and to be fair you are showing signs of that, but I do feel that sitting back and living off benefits is a cop out and easy way out…sorry if that sounds hard.
As I said before, good luck with your job hunt.

robroy:
Yeh, well that’s the reason I would never get a job with The Samaritans.
As I said I’m not the most sympathetic huggy touchy feely type, and I would be telling everybody on the other end of the phone to pull themselves together, and give themselves a shake, as that is the way I was brought up myself.

On the other hand I do have admiration for those who face up to things and try and help themselves, and to be fair you are showing signs of that, but I do feel that sitting back and living off benefits is a cop out and easy way out…sorry if that sounds hard.
As I said before, good luck with your job hunt.

Fair play, I and others might not agree but I admire your honesty non the less :wink:

Anxiety + HGV = bad news in my opinion chap :neutral_face:

I am less tactful than most on here and believe that a spade is a spade. And from what you have posted, I am not sure driving wagons is for you mate.

eagerbeaver:
Anxiety + HGV = bad news in my opinion chap :neutral_face:

I am less tactful than most on here and believe that a spade is a spade. And from what you have posted, I am not sure driving wagons is for you mate.

I don’t give in that easily :open_mouth:

metrorider:
I admire your honesty non the less :wink:

Jeez, I wouldn’t admire that :laughing:. Don’t know why you’re tip toeing around him . Robroys a good un but in this case he’s talking completely out of his harris

He’s bandying all the psychiatric field into those who feel sorry for themselves just because of some 1950s arm chair bollarx. Speaking of being brought up, that generation were still carrying out sub orbital labotomys on kids in the 1960s. An ice pick through the eye and scrambled around the front of the brain. Genius

An arm is off, it’s obvious, a skin graft fails, it’s obvious. A brain goes wrong, it’s latent. The brain is an organ. The most complex. Quite how people struggle to accept this massive oxygen thirsty organ in a skull actually can go wrong is comical in its ignorance.

You wouldnt tell someone with schizophrenia to pull themselves together. Load of nonsense.

And yes I call a spade a spade too

Freight Dog:

metrorider:

Jeez, I wouldn’t :laughing:. Don’t know why you’re tip toeing around him . Robroys a good un but in this case he’s talking completely out of his harris

He’s bandying all the psychiatric field into those who feel sorry for themselves just because if some 1950s arm chair bollarx. Speaking of being brought up, that generation were still carrying out sub orbital labotomys on kids in the 1960s. An ice pick through the eye and scrambled around the front of the brain. Genius

You wouldn’t someone with schizophrenia just to pull themselves together :laughing: ? . Load of nonsense.

And yes I call a Spade a spade too

Well, it appears that I must suffer from anxiety then. I can’t stand most people (no, really), and it takes all my effort to remain the usual calm and placid bloke I show to the outside. I dont interact with people in my spare time either, i really prefer to be on my own. The reason I do that, is because I am an ‘on-off’ type of person. I’m either calm and laid back, or I’ll let rip. Badly. You really would not like to get in my way when I loose it…
I find that driving is the only job I can do, because I only need to deal with a few cunds a day, for a short time. That, I can manage.

Get on with it. Get a job. Find out. Then decide.

the nodding donkey:

Freight Dog:

metrorider:

Jeez, I wouldn’t :laughing:. Don’t know why you’re tip toeing around him . Robroys a good un but in this case he’s talking completely out of his harris

He’s bandying all the psychiatric field into those who feel sorry for themselves just because if some 1950s arm chair bollarx. Speaking of being brought up, that generation were still carrying out sub orbital labotomys on kids in the 1960s. An ice pick through the eye and scrambled around the front of the brain. Genius

You wouldn’t someone with schizophrenia just to pull themselves together :laughing: ? . Load of nonsense.

And yes I call a Spade a spade too

Well, it appears that I must suffer from anxiety then. I can’t stand most people (no, really), and it takes all my effort to remain the usual calm and placid bloke I show to the outside. I dont interact with people in my spare time either, i really prefer to be on my own. The reason I do that, is because I am an ‘on-off’ type of person. I’m either calm and laid back, or I’ll let rip. Badly. You really would not like to get in my way when I loose it…
I find that driving is the only job I can do, because I only need to deal with a few cunds a day, for a short time. That, I can manage.

Get on with it. Get a job. Find out. Then decide.

Can’t help you ND not my ballywack :laughing: . I’ve have a boat load of psychiatric assessments for my job (still not been found out) and know a psychiatrist on a beer/coffee level, but other than that, you’re barking at the wrong dog bone.

My professional opinion using a fisher price stethoscope is you sound like you’re suffering angry bearded man disease. Then, If you’re happy and not tearing it up social wise making a backside of yourself, crack on maybe. I dunno. Try flower arranging or some crap like that :laughing:

That’s 50 quid for my consultation please. I accept cash only, or direct beer bypassing the cash need. Don’t tell anyone as my qualification is yet to be ratified by Kellogg’s

Gotta say, if this chap came on here saying am battling a physical illness but am doing my damndest to get the better of it, rather than a mental illness, then this thread would be full of the, ‘feel for you, get well soon,’ brigade.

Just saying, but seems for some attitudes still need time to adjust.

Should a driver come on here an announce, ‘Just been diagnosed with cancer,’ you would not hear a response (I hope) along the lines of, ‘Sorry mate I don’t really think driving wagons is for you.’ What a load of help that was. Get well soon mate.

Londontrucker123:
but seems for some attitudes still need time to adjust.

I call bollarx on that. They’ve had plenty of time to adjust.

We’ve sent men to the moon, we can drive cars and lorries, yet still resisting the idea that an organ can suffer disorder and not be able to self repair. Flat earth syndrome.

I’m opinioned about overt liberalism, bloody constant minority groups, the snowflake generation and social issues, but I don’t count years of garnered psychiatric study as being anything but worthy.

A sensible man should know his wheat from his chaff and not follow trend for the sake of ideals. I suspect it’s “trendy” to say “have a stiff upper lip” on anything to do with the mind as that’s what the wartime generation did. But they were bloody ■■■■ right with some things, and bloody sure as ■■■■ wrong with others.

Freight Dog:

Londontrucker123:

We’ve sent men to the moon, we can drive cars and lorries, yet still resisting the idea that an organ can suffer disorder and not be able to self repair. Flat earth syndrome.

I’m opinioned about overt liberalism, bloody constant minority groups, the snowflake generation and social issues, but I don’t count years of garnered psychiatric study amongst that. A sensible man should know his wheat from his chaff and not follow trend. I suspect it’s “trendy” to say stiff upper lip on anything to do with the mind as that’s what the wartime generation did. But they were bloody ■■■■ right with some things, and bloody sure as ■■■■ wrong with others.

Lol. What on flat earth are you talking about…■■? I won’t even try to dechiper, contradictions all over the place. Good luck with your overt liberalism. Whatever that might be. FFS…

Londontrucker123:

Freight Dog:

Londontrucker123:

I’m opinioned about overt liberalism, bloody constant minority groups, the snowflake generation and social issues, but I don’t count years of garnered psychiatric study amongst that. A sensible man should know his wheat from his chaff and not follow trend. I suspect it’s “trendy” to say stiff upper lip on anything to do with the mind as that’s what the wartime generation did. But they were bloody ■■■■ right with some things, and bloody sure as ■■■■ wrong with others.

Lol. What on flat earth are you talking about…■■? I won’t even try to dechiper, contradictions all over the place. Good luck with your overt liberalism. Whatever that might be. FFS…

I was actually agreeing with you “FFS”

Right, I’ll try to clarify then;-

My reference to liberalism etc was to provide contrast to a point. To highlight that it is easy to bandy all modern ways of thinking together - for the sake of it. I stated some examples of personal views some may think as not forward, whilst equally I personally do not see psychological problems as being anything but fact, which is a relatively forward view.

I’ve edited my post to fill in the gaps where you seem to have made 6 from 2+2. If you still dont comprehend, then I can’t help you - as you’re arguing with someone who agreed with you, seemingly on the basis you don’t understand them. Good luck.

What contradictions by the way? Pease elaborate

Freight Dog:

Londontrucker123:

Freight Dog:

Londontrucker123:

I was actually agreeing with you “FFS”

Right, I’ll try to clarify then;-

My reference to liberalism etc was to provide contrast to a point. To highlight that it is easy to bandy all modern ways of thinking together - for the sake of it. I stated some examples of personal views some may think as not forward, whilst equally I personally do not see psychological problems as being anything but fact, which is a relatively forward view.

If you still dont comprehend, then I can’t help you - as you’re arguing with someone who agreed with you, seemingly on the basis you don’t understand them. Good luck.

What contradictions by the way? Pease elaborate

Freight Dog,

I comprehend just fine thank you, just explain the bit, ‘But they were bloody ■■■■ right with some things, and bloody sure as ■■■■ wrong with others.’ What exactly?? And who?? How is that relative to this poster?

But other than that, let’s just keep it on topic…?

Have no interest in flat-earth debates, overt / covert liberalism, other liberalism’s are available and then again maybe not, who knows. And who cares…?

Londontrucker123:
Freight Dog,

I comprehend just fine thank you,

You sure about that? …

Londontrucker123:
so just explain the bit, ‘But they were bloody ■■■■ right with some things, and bloody sure as ■■■■ wrong with others.’ What exactly?? And who??

My post was written in the light of the previous posts, hinted at by Robroy when he said “that’s the way I was brought up”.

It was in context that older ways of thinking are often good things, sometimes not.

I was highlighting that whilst I am someone who identifies and agrees with older ways of thinking, I equally - using judgment - identify the things that existed in the past that were not correct, or lacking. In this instance the approach during 1914-1950s of mental health, especially during the war. It is now well recognised that the war time approach to mental disorders was extremely lacking in comparison with man’s other achievements of the time. Science and history has empirically proven this.

Now that im tearing apart a point to prove I agreed with you. Have you even read my previous posts? I’m starting to think I should’ve written this in crayon.

The irony is, the bloke I agreed with I’m now doing Lego steps with each point and the bloke I disagreed with (Robroy) you can always count on comprehending what you’re saying and providing a balanced discussion :laughing: .

Londontrucker123:
Have no interest in flat-earth debates, overt / covert liberalism, other liberalism’s are available and then again maybe not, who knows. And who cares…?

No helping you is there ? Have you ever heard of a reference point in a discussion? It’s a frame of reference to balance what you’re saying. It does not mean you wish to discuss those things.

Are we back at primary school or are you being obtuse for a reason?

When applying for the car and lgv licence, do DVLA know about the conditions you have, if they were told on application, why was the licence issued ?
Would anyone want the bus driver to have anxiety and be socially avoidant ?
Or the the lorry over taking towards you ?
I think mentioning benefits is a mistake on here .

I have the exact same issues that you have. Best thing is to stay positive. I sometimes struggle to stand in line at a shop because I don’t know where to hide my face.

It is horrible I’ve had this crap since leaving the army for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You arn’t alone in not wanting to interact with people, a lot of them are olympic standard arse holes and best avoided whenever possible.
It’s part of the reason i’ve stayed behind the wheel for so long, i’d last about a week in an office or factory floor being stuck with them before getting meself sacked for something said or done.
On days off we walk the dogs maybe take them to the beach, but otherwise live a quiet life which most would no doubt find boring but we both enjoy peace and quiet, lock the gates at the top of our drive and to hell with the rest of the world.

It takes all sorts to run the lorry game mate, and you won’t find a more cantankerous bloody minded bunch, or the complete opposite, friendly helpful oddballs, than reside behind the lorry wheel, with all sorts of in betweeners, we’re a very broad church, so simple as it is for me to say try not to worry too much about interracting with people, just go find yourself a job which you think might suit you which avoids too many people.

Avoiding jobs where you’re stuck in a poxy supermarket RDC waiting room for hours on end would probably be wise, i avoid such jobs too for various reasons, maybe the tippers or skip work might be a fair bet for daywork.

There is something for everyone in the transport game, and long may that be the case.

Juddian:
You arn’t alone in not wanting to interact with people, a lot of them are olympic standard arse holes and best avoided whenever possible.
It’s part of the reason i’ve stayed behind the wheel for so long, i’d last about a week in an office or factory floor being stuck with them before getting meself sacked for something said or done.
On days off we walk the dogs maybe take them to the beach, but otherwise live a quiet life which most would no doubt find boring but we both enjoy peace and quiet, lock the gates at the top of our drive and to hell with the rest of the world.

It takes all sorts to run the lorry game mate, and you won’t find a more cantankerous bloody minded bunch, or the complete opposite, friendly helpful oddballs, than reside behind the lorry wheel, with all sorts of in betweeners, we’re a very broad church, so simple as it is for me to say try not to worry too much about interracting with people, just go find yourself a job which you think might suit you which avoids too many people.

Avoiding jobs where you’re stuck in a poxy supermarket RDC waiting room for hours on end would probably be wise, i avoid such jobs too for various reasons, maybe the tippers or skip work might be a fair bet for daywork.

There is something for everyone in the transport game, and long may that be the case.

I have printed this reply off, and are going to have it framed…

A positive post from out Juddian, and not a single reference to Brexit or how the job is dumbed down by auto gear boxes.

Nobel-prize grade responses here,very inspiring stuff by the tnuk illuminati.