SHAP!

cattle wagon man:

Bewick:

cattle wagon man:

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

My sprinter on Shap in 2008 with a fat git sat in it.

Was this before the Police threw the “stinger” across the A6 ? Anon.

Is that the vehicle in which the Eco-Warriors camped in on Shap summit a couple of years ago ?
Anon no. 2.

No CWM I think it was a bloke doing a bit of sheep rustling,well they need a bit of decent blood into them Welsh border rabbits they call sheep!!

I suppose you are right , Dennis. He s parked so close to the best of breed of our proud Kendal Roughs . If that is the case , then arent those weirdo Eco-Warriors a vegetarian ( or vegan ) tribe ?
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Does the bloke sat behind the wheel look like he is a “veggie” to you CWM?? neither dose he to me !!,he’d probably have butched and eaten whatever he’d rustled afore he got back to Radnorshire—or sold ‘em ont’ hoof tull a ■■■■ in Bradford on his way yam !!!

Bewick:

cattle wagon man:

Bewick:

cattle wagon man:

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

My sprinter on Shap in 2008 with a fat git sat in it.

Was this before the Police threw the “stinger” across the A6 ? Anon.

Is that the vehicle in which the Eco-Warriors camped in on Shap summit a couple of years ago ?
Anon no. 2.

No CWM I think it was a bloke doing a bit of sheep rustling,well they need a bit of decent blood into them Welsh border rabbits they call sheep!!

I suppose you are right , Dennis. He s parked so close to the best of breed of our proud Kendal Roughs . If that is the case , then arent those weirdo Eco-Warriors a vegetarian ( or vegan ) tribe ?

Does the bloke sat behind the wheel look like he is a “veggie” to you CWM?? neither dose he to me !!,he’d probably have butched and eaten whatever he’d rustled afore he got back to Radnorshire—or sold ‘em ont’ hoof tull a [zb] in Bradford on his way yam !!!

We have bigger rabbits this way than those copper deficient apologies for sheep up on Shap.Its no wonder the Transport Cafes did well up there.Nowt else to eat :laughing: .
Cheers Dave non sheep eater :exclamation:

Is this a Kendal Rough Dennis or CWM? Looks rayt happy up on t’fells,our poor buggers are sheltering under stone walls at moment…

Anoniom

Chris Webb:
Is this a Kendal Rough Dennis or CWM? Looks rayt happy up on t’fells,our poor buggers are sheltering under stone walls at moment…

Anoniom

No , its nowt like yan ut Kendal " Rough Fell " breed , Chris.
It looks owwer-like its mother were tupped by someone hu s strayed owwer t` boarder frae Wales !
Anon .

cattle wagon man:

Chris Webb:

Anoniom

No , its nowt like yan ut Kendal " Rough Fell " breed , Chris.
It looks owwer-like its mother were tupped by someone hu s strayed owwer t` boarder frae Wales !
Anon .

Your dead right there CWM,nor does it look owt like you either mate !!! It looks like a Goo-at to me though,could have been bred on’t IOM,now that leads onto another theory,I wonder if it’s Dad is someone we “ken” from’t IOM.Thee’ers some funny folk living on that island,Tax dodgers,Duckers 'an divers ect !!! Baaaaa! Baaaaaa!

Sheep…this is a sheep !!!

Well you definitely 'aint getting an invite as “guest judge” to this next years Kendal Rough tup show Dave if this is your idea of a decent speciman,all its energy has gone into growing it’s horns and anyway it’s an Ibex isn’t it.■■■■■■■ has some of the finest sheep country in the UK as well as some of the tastiest lamb and mutton.A “hot pot” made with Herdwick mutton is reckoned to be a meal fit for a King,or in our case a Queen !!Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Well you definitely 'aint getting an invite as “guest judge” to this next years Kendal Rough tup show Dave if this is your idea of a decent speciman,all its energy has gone into growing it’s horns and anyway it’s an Ibex isn’t it.■■■■■■■ has some of the finest sheep country in the UK as well as some of the tastiest lamb and mutton.A “hot pot” made with Herdwick mutton is reckoned to be a meal fit for a King,or in our case a Queen !!Cheers Dennis.

I wouldn’t eat anything to do with sheep Dennis,disease ridden things.A bloody Ibex is a goat.The one pictures is the same as you a Bighorn :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Bewick:

I wouldn’t eat anything to do with sheep Dennis,disease ridden things.A bloody Ibex is a goat.The one pictures is the same as you a Bighorn :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave,there’s nothing tastier than a nice bit of lamb and fresh mint sauce (I grow my own!) I can understand you not being so keen on Welsh lamb but if you are a Vegan say no more my son !!! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

Bewick:

Cheers Dave.

Dave,there’s nothing tastier than a nice bit of lamb and fresh mint sauce (I grow my own!) I can understand you not being so keen on Welsh lamb but if you are a Vegan say no more my son !!! Cheers Dennis.

No not a Vegan or a Veggie Dennis.I don’t like lamb or mutton.I like beef and boiled bacon,will eat pork although not a great fan of it.Probably eat to much rubbish like sausage or bacon,but defo no lamb.If I had my way the only sheep would be in a zoo.
Cheers Dave.

Now then lads , stop squabbling !!!
I ll put a photograph of a PROPER Rough Fell sheep tomorrow . Our family had the privilege of transporting the finest of the breed to the annual Great Yorkshire Show , and the two-yearly Sheep Event , held at Malvern for many years. ( The reason why I cant show the photo tonight is cos the missus knows how to upload ` photos , etc …
better than me ! )
Quite right , Dennis , a platefull of Rough Fell meat is the finest British Lamb to be found anywhere .

Now where is that jar of mint sauce … ?

cattle wagon man:
Now then lads , stop squabbling !!! I ll put a photograph of a PROPER Rough Fell sheep tomorrow . Our family had the privilege of transporting the finest of the breed to the annual Great Yorkshire Show , and the two-yearly Sheep Event , held at Malvern for many years. ( The reason why I cant show the photo tonight is cos the missus knows how to upload ` photos , etc … better than me ! ) Quite right , Dennis , a platefull of Rough Fell meat is the finest British Lamb to be found anywhere . Now where is that jar of mint sauce … ? Cheers , cattle wagon man.

I have a book and a DVD on Roughs CWM,I’ll try and copy a shot of GMS from it unless you beat me to it !! Was it his sheep you took to the shows ? or those lads out of Middleton !!! Can’t see it been GMS though------- How much will you charge me WHAT ! I’ll walk them there fusst’ afore I’ll pay that sort of brass to cart them !! Cheers Dennis.

There are over a 100 sheep in the field bordering our garden Roy.I will get a pic of them tomorrow.A lot of farmers are cutting down on them this way,as there’s to much work with them.My late Mother liked lamb and mint sauce etc,grew mint in the garden.Both myself nor Tracy like lamb.We eat other meat,fish etc,but no way lamb.Each to their own.
Don’t tell Dennis,but I enjoy the ride from Kendal over Shap to Penrith :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
There are over a 100 sheep in the field bordering our garden Roy.I will get a pic of them tomorrow.A lot of farmers are cutting down on them this way,as there’s to much work with them.My late Mother liked lamb and mint sauce etc,grew mint in the garden.Both myself nor Tracy like lamb.We eat other meat,fish etc,but no way lamb.Each to their own. Don’t tell Dennis,but I enjoy the ride from Kendal over Shap to Penrith :laughing: . Cheers Dave.

He wouldn’t do Roy if there was 6ft snow drifts !!

Rough Fell Sheep.
We get 18 foot snow drifts on the A44 over Radnor Forest.

Bewick:

cattle wagon man:
Now then lads , stop squabbling !!! I ll put a photograph of a PROPER Rough Fell sheep tomorrow . Our family had the privilege of transporting the finest of the breed to the annual Great Yorkshire Show , and the two-yearly Sheep Event , held at Malvern for many years. ( The reason why I cant show the photo tonight is cos the missus knows how to upload ` photos , etc … better than me ! ) Quite right , Dennis , a platefull of Rough Fell meat is the finest British Lamb to be found anywhere . Now where is that jar of mint sauce … ? Cheers , cattle wagon man.

I have a book and a DVD on Roughs CWM,I’ll try and copy a shot of GMS from it unless you beat me to it !! Was it his sheep you took to the shows ? or those lads out of Middleton !!! Can’t see it been GMS though------- How much will you charge me WHAT ! I’ll walk them there fusst’ afore I’ll pay that sort of brass to cart them !! Cheers Dennis.

Namby pamby mainland stock,proper sheep come from IOM,healthy and disease free like rest of population (only sheep mind you),photo coming. Other tough stock was Derbyshire Gritstone,Lancs imported 'em to toughen their stock up a bit. :smiley:

AnonIOMpu.

Dave the Renegade:
Rough Fell Sheep. We get 18 foot snow drifts on the A44 over Radnor Forest.

Nice shot of the Roughs Dave,we’ll have to get Roy to have a closer look at them for the final word,he’ll have a look at their mouths ect…The 6 ft drifts on Shap Fell are sometimes 4 or 5 on top of one another and are tunnelled through to keep the A6 open ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:
Rough Fell Sheep. We get 18 foot snow drifts on the A44 over Radnor Forest.

Nice shot of the Roughs Dave,we’ll have to get Roy to have a closer look at them for the final word,he’ll have a look at their mouths ect…The 6 ft drifts on Shap Fell are sometimes 4 or 5 on top of one another and are tunnelled through to keep the A6 open ! Cheers Dennis.

I quite believe the drifting snow on Shap Dennis.I have the video " The story of Shap ". When the Radnor Forest gets blocked they can’t keep it open with snow blowers as it keeps blowing in.In 1963 it was blocked for six weeks.It wouldn’t get the news coverage as the old A6 in those days,as it wasn’t as busy as the route over Shap.
Cheers Dave.

Aye , lads , that is the Rough Fell breed . Their roots is the Kendal/Shap Fells area , hence their name.
We transported all the R.F. sheep to be exhibited at the Great Yorkshire Shows ,every year from the late 1960s , until 1992 , as I ceased haulage in early 1993. One of the most successful R.F. flocks belongs to the Knowles family ; , Lenore Knowles being the winder of the Leyland Shap Fell Clock , her father was the other winder , or so to speak . You learn something new every day , Dave , and thats your today`s piece of knowledge to digest.

cattle wagon man:
Aye , lads , that is the Rough Fell breed . Their roots is the Kendal/Shap Fells area , hence their name.
We transported all the R.F. sheep to be exhibited at the Great Yorkshire Shows ,every year from the late 1960s , until 1992 , as I ceased haulage in early 1993. One of the most successful R.F. flocks belongs to the Knowles family ; , Lenore Knowles being the winder of the Leyland Shap Fell Clock , her father was the other winder , or so to speak . You learn something new every day , Dave , and thats your today`s piece of knowledge to digest.

It was me that put the pic on of the rough fell sheep Roy.I know as much about them as you or Dennis :laughing: .
Although this breed is little known nationwide, it is enormously popular on its native mountain and moorland farms, embracing a large proportion of South ■■■■■■■■ parts of the West Riding of Yorkshire, North Lancashire and more recently, parts of Devon.
Cheers Dave.