Z&W WADE

well i grew up on thier premisises from the age of 6 my dad was the fitter , welder ,plumber ,fixer of the un-fixerble,lol, you get my drift

my dad kept as much records as he could but upon his pssing his, not so grand, grandson saw it fit to destroy whatever he could get his gready mits on
well i,v recently been to hell and back and know things are looking up i,m looking for any history//photo,s and old timers that may just still be around not only for the truck side but also from the plant and civil engineering aswell
any help woud be gratefull

cheers…

,mike…

there’s a blast from the past . i never had much to do with wades but have memories of when i worked on horsefair avenue in chapel , wades gang hand digging the sewer trenches down the site . jcb diggers had not yet become common . i recall arthur middleton , fishy as he was known , i think he worked for wades for quite a while . cheers , dave

Hi Mike. It’s Pete (from Matlock) from the Manifold Valley Bygones group, how are you and your mum keeping these days? Sounds like you have had a tough time of late and it is a shame that those records of Dereks have gone as they are part of Whaley Bridge’s history besides your memories. Hope someone can help you and send Joan best wishes from Anne and myself.

Pete.

windrush:
Hi Mike. It’s Pete (from Matlock) from the Manifold Valley Bygones group, how are you and your mum keeping these days? Sounds like you have had a tough time of late and it is a shame that those records of Dereks have gone as they are part of Whaley Bridge’s history besides your memories. Hope someone can help you and send Joan best wishes from Anne and myself.

Pete.

hi,pete.

yep its been a tough time , richard my nephew the blue eye,d creep did one with all the money , put mum in that bungalow which he has just or is in the process of sell mum is going to live in his girlfriends basement
another lump of whaley history gone , long time since she served petrol to co-op lorries at school garage ,

i,v got nowt only what i,m stood up in and trying to start over but theyve taken my class 1 of me probably for good this time
i,ll do my best to get and save what i can , just been up gisbourne yard ,wades old top yard its got outline planning for houses on it but the workshop is being turned into a gym for now ,sacriledge,

Found these on the net Mike (spanners64) you may remember them
Bedford stuck under Fairfield Road Bridge 1962.
Z W Wade Bedford stuck under bridge.jpg
Machinery doing some resorvoir work.

This lady was Norah the tea lady.
wades-couple-2.jpg