Self appointed traffic police cause chaos

Santa:

tachograph:

yourhavingalarf:

switchlogic:
I despise the sanctimonious interfering lane blockers

+1…

+2

+3 (although I used to do it last century…:slight_smile:)

+4

I don’t do it, but I have no objections if someone behind me does it. :wink:

the maoster:
I don’t do it, but I have no objections if someone behind me does it. :wink:

Same.

Why people can’t just all merge in turn, at speed, instead of desperately having to be 1 car in front and pushing in at the last second or being unable to let a car be in front of them and holding people out I’ll never know.

Actually I do know, it’s because the vast majority of people are utter [zb]ing [zb]s which is multiplied ten fold when they get in their cars.

A.

When I used to drive in Germany a lot many years ago I noticed that German drivers generally merged one after another zip -like routinely and without the hysteria we seem to have nowadays in the same circumstances.Perhaps it is different now?

switchlogic:

truckman020:

emmerson2:
That’s unusual! Its normally some pr*ck of a lorry driver who does that!

usually when three lanes become two or one with cones closing them off and prick car driver’s always zoom up the outside and try to cut in at the last moment,someone has to stop these ignorant people,particularly as most think it’s their right to push in without indicating.

No, no one has to stop them, or has right to. Lane closes at the cones, that’s what they are for, not when some Muppet decides it should. I despise the sanctimonious interfering lane blockers

Nail on head switch.

Gidders:
When I used to drive in Germany a lot many years ago I noticed that German drivers generally merged one after another zip -like routinely and without the hysteria we seem to have nowadays in the same circumstances.Perhaps it is different now?

The problem is these days we have a very childish ‘you’re not getting in front of me’ attitude in this country. On a two lane motorway if everyone in lane 1 let a car in from closing lane 2 traffic would move more freely and all available space would be used

switchlogic:

Gidders:

The problem is these days we have a very childish ‘you’re not getting in front of me’ attitude in this country. On a two lane motorway if everyone in lane 1 let a car in from closing lane 2 traffic would move more freely and all available space would be used

It’s not just in the UK Luke, western civilisation has been so indoctrinated in to competion with its fellow man that a car length is all it takes to bring out the ruthless in most.
When I last visited England, me and my Kiwi Mrs. were waiting in line for a bus and whilst bording, the rudest couple just barged in.

Did the bus move off any earlier for these selfish prats?
An empty bus pulls up for around 20 people, did anyone not get a seat?

It’s what the world is coming to I’m afraid, whenever someone is in distress these days, the first thing that happens is people pull out their phones and start videoing it.

Utterly selfish.