Selbys garage (woodhouse)

thanks a lot, I remember some of these lorries. Boam in whitwick had some normal control bedfords like these ones about 1959 or so quite fast with a Bedford two speed axle . I take it that the eight wheel dodge did nt belong to selbys . I pity the poor sod who had to drive that .

And some more, dates and places i’m not too sure about

Yet more

robinswh:
thanks a lot, I remember some of these lorries. Boam in whitwick had some normal control bedfords like these ones about 1959 or so quite fast with a Bedford two speed axle . I take it that the eight wheel dodge did nt belong to selbys . I pity the poor sod who had to drive that .

I believe that selbys converted a Bedford 6 wheeler to an 8 wheeler which was an animal to drive and stop.

Great pics Nick ,the scrap looks like pig iron ,what’s the story with the stripes on the s10 unit ? The rare body did it come New or was it ex Hoveringham ?

great pic’s Nick.when i started in 'sorrel in the mid-80’s, David Cooper was running an old Foden,wondering if that was ex-Selbys?

Punchy Dan:
Great pics Nick ,the scrap looks like pig iron ,what’s the story with the stripes on the s10 unit ? The rare body did it come New or was it ex Hoveringham ?

I don’t quite know about the stripes were about,the grill was because Ginger the one and only artic driver for many years wanted a Volvo,so selbys compromised! They were mainly ex kendricks but it may of been ex hoveringham.

Smashing set of pics. The 70s and 80s ones are the best to my mind. :sunglasses:

I’ve seen some of the S80s tipping on a barber green. Can’t recall where I’ve seen 'em.

Edit: I posted 'em sometime ago on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=96061

Old age is a wonderful thing. :blush:

carryfast-yeti:
great pic’s Nick.when i started in 'sorrel in the mid-80’s, David Cooper was running an old Foden,wondering if that was ex-Selbys?

I’ll try and find out mate

Great set of photo’s Nick,thanks for sharing.Mike. :smiley:

Some great pics Nick, thanks for posting them.

Are there any of a Volvo F86 they had or any of the MANs?

Mark

I shall try to get more on soon here’s a couple more for now.

Erf and a couple of fodens

The man himself in Bardon today!

tango boy:
The man himself in Bardon today!0

where are the seagulls? :frowning:

carryfast-yeti:

tango boy:
The man himself in Bardon today!0

where are the seagulls? :frowning:

Dunno lol :smiley:

One of the earliest photos

I see there’s no pictures of Butch :laughing:

gunnerheskey:
I see there’s no pictures of Butch :laughing:

I didn’t want to scare people

Butch is still there? must be due a Gold Watch soon!