Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

DEANB:
That J.W.Fantom Bedford looks like it would have been very smart,looking at the sign writing
which is even on the body. A colour pic of it would be nice. :wink:

Hi again,Heres a colour one of the KM Dean and a few more oldies,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img715 (2).jpg

Cracking pic of the JW Fantom bedford chap ! :smiley: :wink:

That Hutchinson F86 was used in Volvo adverts due to it doing over a million miles.

volvohutch.jpg

bubbleman:

DEANB:
That J.W.Fantom Bedford looks like it would have been very smart,looking at the sign writing
which is even on the body. A colour pic of it would be nice. :wink:

Hi again,Heres a colour one of the KM Dean and a few more oldies,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Another nice batch Bubbs.I remember the Fantom Bedford in Steel Peech and Tozers (BSC) Rotherham.
The Caledonian AEC Mandator is a V8,I think they ran two.

DEANB:
Cracking pic of the JW Fantom bedford chap ! :smiley: :wink:

That Hutchinson F86 was used in Volvo adverts due to it doing over a million miles.

I recall the Volvo adverts at the time but I also recall seeing this F86 coming down the A6 through Kendal and Milnthorpe on it’s way to Bowaters Ellesmere Port loaded with pulp wood from The Kielder Forrest. I’m not just sure what they loaded back from Merseyside as I can’t recall seeing it on it’s return journey. Cheers Dennis.

Dean B wrote;

Dean the Hutchinson F86 was the first registered in the UK so Volvo always showed interest in this vehicle they even bought it back once it had served its time and Volvo apprentices restored it back to original spec to now be on view at Volvo HQ and very nice it looks too. Franky.

Frankydobo:
Dean B wrote;

Dean the Hutchinson F86 was the first registered in the UK so Volvo always showed interest in this vehicle they even bought it back once it had served its time and Volvo apprentices restored it back to original spec to now be on view at Volvo HQ and very nice it looks too. Franky.

Yeah i know Franky ! :wink:

Click on page twice to read.

bubbleman:
A.E.Cs finished about 30 years ago,some of us oldies can still remember them.Here are a few.

Hope these are of interest to someone.

Cheers Marc.

Clearly there was a notice missing in the cab: “CAUTION: AIR BRAKES”

The one good thing is that the RSJ has probably done away with the “STOP” flag on the dashboard!

pmailkeey:

bubbleman:
A.E.Cs finished about 30 years ago,some of us oldies can still remember them.Here are a few.

Hope these are of interest to someone.

Cheers Marc.

Clearly there was a notice missing in the cab: “CAUTION: AIR BRAKES”

What a lucky driver,the distance that RSJ has travelled,it would have decapitated him if nearer to him,lucky indeed!

Hello again,more old motors from the past.Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

That is an early Mammoth Minor of Anderson’s, there is a view of this same vehicle taken from the offside in Graham Edge’s Mandator book, so maybe a few were took on the day. Reckon they must have got the Apprentice to knock that number plate up! :slight_smile: Franky.

Anyone know how I can find out the owner of this tipper? My father in law owned two, one being a Leyland painted blue and red J.Stewart haulage Bedford and the other being under contract to Mixconcrete and was identical from what I can remember to this.

i46.tinypic.com/33w2■■■.jpg

These 2 pictures are of Bootle Police vehicles. Many years ago, the County Borough Of Bootle was a town in its own right.
Bootle is now part of the City Of Liverpool, and the local Bobbies are now Merseyside Police.
Thanks to Peter Walsh for the pictures, Peter was an HGV Driver with Jarvis Robinson Transport, Canal Street, Bootle.
Click on the picture for the script. Regards, Ray Smyth.

black maria p2.jpg

black maria p1.jpg

Hi again,heres a few more old motors…some nice stuff from Wales,Cheers Bubbs :wink:

Nice pic of the Glyn John Atkinson Bubbs !

Heres another one of a Entress Volvo F86 !

2017-06-19 11.39.26.jpg

To compliment Ray Smyth’s Bootle Police pics here’s some of Dewsbury’s finest and the sort of traffic they policed, don’t think the youth of today would back chat these lads! It seems Harrison’s were not the first to use wagon and drags in Dewsbury and those are the days when Bin Men didn’t mind a bit graft and smoke a bowl at the same time! Franky.

Dewsbury steamer.jpg

I love the dustmen picture , which one is GOM ?

Eh up Franky, Great pictures from Dewsbury, Depending on the date of the picture of the 4 Bobbies,
3 of them are proudly wearing their Military Medals from WW1 or WW2. PC 49 on the left is probably
a young recruit. Some medals are Police Commendation Issue for Outstanding Bravery Etc.

Greggs steam lorry looks like a Foden, Particularly as it has a Cheshire County Reg Number, M 2710.
Theres nowt like a pipeful of “St Bruno” or “Condor” tobacco when you are emptying dustbins.
I suppose their “Hard Hats” and “Hi-Vis” jackets were hung up in the cab. Kind Regards, Ray.

rigsby:
I love the dustmen picture , which one is GOM ?

Grumps is the Gadgy on the right, Face like a bag of spanners. Looks like he has lost a quid and found a shilling. Ray.

Ha ha, aye the bin he’s carrying is as battered as his face! good period pics, I would think those medals the Peelers are wearing are First War, the 14-15 Star ribbon has a white band down the middle and it seems to be this one that appears bright on the photo and it would have been worn first in order of the three WWI medals awarded if they served from 1914 or 15. The three medals were known as ‘Pip, Squeak and Wilfred’ which came from a popular newspaper cartoon in the 20’s. In order of wear the 14-15 Star, British War medal, Victory medal, as you say Ray any other ribbons could well be Police awards, so apart from the younger chap, who was likely too young at the time, these Bobbies had done their bit alright, good for them. Franky.