Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

stevecook:
I remember seeing this motor running around in Norfolk when I was doing traction work for Norfolk Line in the 1980s.

Steve,thats the first globetrotter i ever saw coming down the M3 early in the morning all lit up when i was a
kid ! :laughing: :wink:

Hello all,more clippings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img319.jpg

stevecook:
I remember seeing this motor running around in Norfolk when I was doing traction work for Norfolk Line in the 1980s.

That was Southampton based Gazzer will give you all the low down, Norfolk ■■

R.C.Jeffery Bedford.

Heres one of Paul’s pics ! :smiley:

2017-06-25 09.27.14.jpg

Buzzer posted a picture of Greenaways Marathon and of a F88, this small haulage company were based at Stratton near Bude,North Cornwall
they are no longer involved in haulage but are into storage containers on the same site. I think there last lorries were ERFs.
My 1st memory of them was operating AEC Mandators and always fridge trailers, they use to load out of Torridge Vale Dairies owned at the
time by St Ivel at Great Torrington, North Devon and their loads was butter that was the main product at the time.Depending which shift
was working one of the forkies was my dad who worked there for a good few years after many years tramping.Other products were Double
Cream in small glass jars and milk powder for the food processers hauled by mainly Torridge Transport based in the town,still going but now
operating from South Molten and Lameys of Appledore, owned for some time by Evans Transport of Bideford, I also remember Tone Vale
loading out milk powder as well.
The milk factory was a large local employer producing dairy products which were sold and consumed, later to be taken over by Dairy Crest
who concentrated on blocks of butter and milk powder only for the EEC mountains eventually closing down with the loss of a great number
of jobs.
When I started tramping my first load was out of that dairy on a AEC Marshall 6 wheeler loaded by my dad who helped me with the main
sheet then said mind you rope every hook and put the fly sheet on and left me to it.
Another large company at Torrington at the time was North Devon Meat where our very own Cliff Luxton loaded out of a few times, this
company suffered a huge fire never to reopen again with a loss of a lot of jobs.
I think iv’e deviated from the main subject a bit (Greenaways lorry) sorry about that.
Cheers Norman.

The above post is suppose to be on the Paul Gee thread if anyone knows how to move it I would be grateful.
Wish I knew how work this thing properly.

Dog tired:
The above post is suppose to be on the Paul Gee thread if anyone knows how to move it I would be grateful.
Wish I knew how work this thing properly.

I’ve moved it for you.

Thanks very much,don’t know how i messed up, but thanks again.

Hiya again,Good shot of Jeffreys TM Dean…well done to Paul for taking the shot,more from the cuttings box,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img362.jpg

Hy Bubbleman,just caught up ,pic on 464 Red house motors at Coventry, I drove that for a while!!
Blast from the past , thankyou.

T U.jpg
Saturday night quiz!
What make is this tractor unit?

moomooland:
Saturday night quiz!
What make is this tractor unit?

It’s the AEC “concept” tractor,a 6x4.V8/801 engine and Pneumo-cyclic gearbox.

Do I get a cigar? :grimacing:

A bit of a clue Paul :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

T%20U.jpg

bubbleman:
A bit of a clue Paul :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Bugger.
Should have used this shot. :blush:

AEC-001.jpg
Anyway Chris was right.
AEC designed this prototype ‘3TVG’ in 1968 – the Marathon that could have been.
Sadly escalating costs and massive problems with its V8 engine saw it cancelled by Leyland.

moomooland:

bubbleman:

Bugger.
Should have used this shot. :blush:
Anyway Chris was right.
AEC designed this prototype ‘3TVG’ in 1968 – the Marathon that could have been.
Sadly escalating costs and massive problems with its V8 engine saw it cancelled by Leyland.

Dont recall ever seeing photos of that Paul,certainly looks more like an American truck than a AEC ! :smiley:

Hi again,a few more cuttings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Bubbleman

Great pic’s there, any more info on the A.E.C. Mammoth Major XBX526M ? IT would have been from our neck of the woods in Carmarthenshire Wales , have honed into it but can’t see any names etc!! :cry:

thanks for sharing.

:slight_smile:

E.W.

I wonder if the Funston’s F89 had the kitchen pack in the cab ■■?

Hi again,Dean,heres another bit about the F89/F88 kitchen pack…plus a few other clippings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img252.jpg

A local Council Kubota Puddle-Jumper in Mojacar, South East Spain. Ray Smyth.

buggy.jpg