Scania 140,141,142 &143's

scan0090.jpg
Beats parking in a layby in the UK anyday.

The old girl blew a hoseclip in the Transylvanian Alps.

scan0012.jpg
One of the first Centurians in Pireas

ainacs:

Scania141georgeyboy:
Can any shed any light on this trucks history FHO921W I know it started life for water bros

Not sure it started life with Dave and Mike Waters but they certainly owned it and had the Granning lift axle fitted

Regards Pat

I bought it off a chap who apparently lived in or near Dover who past away an his misses sold it on an I restored it to this beauty an regrettably sold it later on

image.jpg

Dodgy Permit:

Scania141georgeyboy:
Can any shed any light on this trucks history FHO921W I know it started life for water bros

Hi George.
Yes the owner was arrested for GBH against an innocent Scania & the vehicle itself had to undergo some serious rehabilitation to remove the god awful abuse that have been dished out to it. :wink:

Cheers for the info ill treasure it hahaha

Scania141georgeyboy:

Dodgy Permit:

Scania141georgeyboy:

Hi George.
Yes the owner was arrested for GBH against an innocent Scania & the vehicle itself had to undergo some serious rehabilitation to remove the god awful abuse that have been dished out to it. :wink:

Cheers for the info ill treasure it hahaha

Hi George.
Could not help myself after looking at the posted picture of that poor 141, looks like a pig farmer had his tractor mechanic modify the vehicle using what he had lying around his barn. :wink:

scania 140 super on ebay item no 140914983987 AMAZING

Looks nice but for a 71 the cabs a lot later the air tanks and battery boxes are wrong it’s got a mixture of badges
It looks like a Greek the Dutch ones with a later cab had the handbrake on the hump still really nice though but not sure about the 35k Pat will know on here he has broke more 140s than there have ever had in Malta

mrken:
Looks nice but for a 71 the cabs a lot later the air tanks and battery boxes are wrong it’s got a mixture of badges
It looks like a Greek the Dutch ones with a later cab had the handbrake on the hump still really nice though but not sure about the 35k Pat will know on here he has broke more 140s than there have ever had in Malta

i noticed the handbreak but you must a keener eye :slight_smile: an 35k is defo a tad steep

mrken:

Hi yes the cab definitely looks a later cab judging by the trim and dash from say a 1974 to 1976 140, I’m certain a 1971 would have had the blue trim.

The tanks are also different but it may have been a rigid cut back to a tractor unit, the tanks on some Scania’s were different according to the country they were to be used in, I broke a few French Scanias with different air tanks. And yes most of the Dutch and Belgium Scanias 111’s and 141’s I ran had the handbrake on the engine hump and they used to regularly leak air!!!

Regards Pat

The headlamps/grille/bumper are late '73 onwards, so it is not a 1971 model, unless it has had a cab swap. Is it on a 3.8m w/b? Maybe it was French when it was new. The livery uses the 1978/79 factory stripes- the ones that they had on the demonstrators. Either way, it looks lovely.

For sale on ebay

scan0059.jpg

scan0060.jpg

Just love the “Top Hat” that’s been added.

That’s a real odd ball on a y reg some late Xreg about and a few 2 series on a W love the upside down boat on the roof
A real B&Q conversion.

Aren’t their pictures on the web, somewhere, which show the same vehicle as a derelict? The interior was well smart, as I remember.

Edit- nah, that was this one:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=43883&start=0
Dogs, the pair of 'em.

nilocekyd:
Just love the “Top Hat” that’s been added.

Dear O Lord !
Another owner who should be charged with GBH to an innocent Scania.

Dodgy Permit:
Dear O Lord !

He will have to join the queue!!!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Colin

nilocekyd:

Dodgy Permit:
Dear O Lord !

He will have to join the queue!!!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Colin

Yes indeed Colin as that abortion would head the first in line. :unamused:

Some of the scania I operated
Ron Forsyth

image.jpg

image.jpg

Missed one

image.jpg

image.jpg

my mate was doing a collection at Salton Europe,Wombourne today,when a 143 pulled into the yard :sunglasses: sadly,no other details though,and no photo’s :frowning: