Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
So French…

Cheap, sturdy, uncomfortable, but so reliable Citroën Type 55!

Dipster:

Fergie47:
Down the scapyard

Was that Tatra in France? I didn’t think they were imported.

They were! A firm in Nevers (Tps Pleuchot) had a whole fleet of T 138s a few decades ago.

Tatra were sold in France, imported by M.A.M Strager in Trappes ,south-west from Paris, this is an example which was to sell a few years ago by a farmer who used it to haul corn.

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Various oldies…

A great sampling of oldies indeed! Pic: Krupp; Pics 2 & 4: Bernard; Pic 5 Renault AFKD (c 1937); Pic 6: Alfa-Romeo; Pis 7 & 8: Renault. Pic 9: Panhard. Pic 10 Renault bus used on a trans-Sahara passenger line during the '40s and '50s.

Hello Paul…thanks for that info, and on the Tatra too…do you know who the coachbuilder was that made the bodywork Anorak was asking about… :question:

michel:
Tatra were sold in France, imported by M.A.M Strager in Trappes ,south-west from Paris, this is an example which was to sell a few years ago by a farmer who used it to haul corn.

That’s the model Pleuchot used to run!

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Various oldies…

A great sampling of oldies indeed! Pic: Krupp; Pics 2 & 4: Bernard; Pic 5 Renault AFKD (c 1937); Pic 6: Alfa-Romeo; Pis 7 & 8: Renault. Pic 9: Panhard. Pic 10 Renault bus used on a trans-Sahara passenger line during the '40s and '50s.

Hello Paul…thanks for that info, and on the Tatra too…do you know who the coachbuilder was that made the bodywork Anorak was asking about… :question:

Unfortunately no. I’m still wondering in which country both “teapots on wheels” are registered; possibly Holland or Sweden?

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Various oldies…

Unfortunately no. I’m still wondering in which country both “teapots on wheels” are registered; possibly Holland or Sweden?

In the spouted teapot photo there is a sign on the building behind-Viskafors. Google tells us it is a municipality in Sweden.

I had spotted that name which definitely sounds Swedish, but that doesn’t really mean the teapot itself is Swedish; maybe was it on display at a show. Moreover, I think the Swedes prefer coffee to tea; at least have I read that in their excellent thrillers! Possibly some Swedish contributers will confirm…

Unic advert from 1969.

Unic T 270A with not so common round front semi-trailer

The thing i liked about France was the amount of old trucks you would see in yards etc just waiting to be restored. There must
still be loads of old gems hidden away.

Click on twice to read.

Unfortunately, there are very few truck graveyards left in France today, due to pressure from environment laws. I see the author of that article is very enthusiastic about SUMBs, which were mainly known here as “Marmons”. A kind of French Unimog, but with a very greedy prehistoric Ford sidevalve V8 which could need as much as 40 litres of petrol to achive 100 kilometres. They were indeed quite brilliant on off-raod jobs, but their very high gravity center made rthem very easy to overturn when loaded.

Thought this may interest people on here? Currently for sale, central driving position, what a beast!.

Propper Renault style badge, but I’ve never heard of sides.

Sides is a French manufacturer of Fire Rescue trucks and equipment. Possibly, the central driving was for a better vision on both sides of rough forest or mountain lanes, but I had never seen that before!

Sides is a French manufacturer of Fire Rescue trucks and equipment. Possibly, the central driving was for a better vision on both sides of rough forest or mountain lanes, but I had never seen that before! They’ve plenty of interesting trucks for sale on that website, including another Sides-Renault.

[zb]
anorak:
0What’s this one? Any more details on it?

NMI (not my information) but JWK (also known for his posts and feedback on “Dutch Marques A.S.”) informed me briefly
that the chassis is a Commer and it was used in South-Holland (hence HZ as registration, so probably region Rotterdam,
The Hague or…) for sales promotion. Later it went to a fairground-operator but JWK is hands on to search more info.

ERF-Continental:

[zb]
anorak:
0What’s this one? Any more details on it?

NMI (not my information) but JWK (also known for his posts and feedback on “Dutch Marques A.S.”) informed me briefly
that the chassis is a Commer and it was used in South-Holland (hence HZ as registration, so probably region Rotterdam,
The Hague or…) for sales promotion. Later it went to a fairground-operator but JWK is hands on to search more info.

Oh, I can’t resist an “I told you so”! on 10th January. As I said the badge and grille are so obviously Comer to my eyes.

Sorry…

Good contributions from both posters^^.

Thomas 4x4 tipper.

Presumably, the extra grille is to aid cooling when using the crane? What engine does it have? I notice that the Berliet badge has been (temporarily!) relocated to the middle of the panel.

That extra grille was obviously designed to complement the original KB2400 cab:

poidslourds.free.fr/viewtopic.ph … e&start=10